• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
We've been in contact with the agency about the ads. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Need a status update here. Nothing has been done and it doesn't take literal weeks for them to stop trafficking ads to era.

Follow up non-stop until they've confirmed this is addressed. Stress some urgency. As it stands, Era is unusable.

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Are we currently talking about the aramco ad? It wouldn't be so bad if it popped up occasionally. I just hit the x button in the upper right hand corner of my screen to get rid of it. But it pops up every 5 minutes. It's very annoying.

iPhone XS, iOS 13.3, Safari

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
On IPhone - yeah this Aramco ad is getting ridiculous. It's full page, just now got done showing up twice in the span of under a minute in the same thread, and the second time it froze on the upper half of the screen.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
Can we please have an update? Still getting Aramco full screen ads on my iPhone
Nope. Management is ghosting is. Not really much "management" going on on Era. They ask people to pay for Era Clear and can't even be remotely communicative.

The ads are getting worse. Popped up three times while I was typing this.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
We've contacted them a few times and forwarded them everything we have. I'll be doing it again tomorrow.

Again, if you're seeing ads we need information. Screenshots, browsers, and so on

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
We've contacted them a few times and forwarded them everything we have. I'll be doing it again tomorrow.

Again, if you're seeing ads we need information. Screenshots, browsers, and so on
Same as as everyone else. Random Aramco full screen takeover on mobile. iOS Chrome. Haven't taken a screenshot but idk.... it's a full screen ad.

Edit:

Last edited:

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017

Ads are the same two as everyone else--Honda and Aramco. Full screen. iPhone X 64GB running Safari on iOS 13.3.1.

Can we get a timeline? They should be able to give you an approximate date that they'll have this done by. What agency is managing ad traffic here?

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
Ditto on the Fullscreen ad, iOS 13 Chrome

cE5FMl4_d.jpg

Lys Skygge

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Just got another full screen Armaco ad. Looks just like the many screenshots posted above.

on Safari

This has been ongoing for over 2 weeks now.

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
This is nuts, how many times do we have to say the same thing? Why do you need screenshots when people are telling you it's the same 2 ads??

getting blasted with full screen Aramco ads. iPhone 7, most current iOS, chrome browser.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
OK, so we reached out to the ad agency again and gave them links to the browser info and screenshots.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Is era supposed to have one of these? First time I'm getting one with an added 'privacy' button on each page.

eEN7vHp.jpg

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Anyway, the ad thing that was causing problems last week should be fixed now.

Yeah. But never got the prompt before now? Didn't change anything like device or browser or whatever.
Yeah that's part of our GDPR compliance -- turns out it was broken and we just got done fixing it, so it might be popping anew for some folks.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah that's part of our GDPR compliance -- turns out it was broken and we just got done fixing it, so it might be popping anew for some folks.
I get it every time I return to the site regardless of whether I'm in the same browsing session and am already logged into the site. I also get it whenever I open a thread in a new tab, which is a pain because I scroll through and open up multiple threads to look at.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I get it every time I return to the site regardless of whether I'm in the same browsing session and am already logged into the site. I also get it whenever I open a thread in a new tab, which is a pain because I scroll through and open up multiple threads to look at.
Lemme talk to the tech guys.

Ok, so I need information. What browser are you using? Blocking cookies? An ad blocker? The more information the easier to fix it.

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
I straight up can't even access the website on mobile (Chrome/Android) my antivirus blocks the website and every time I go back to the site I automatically get redirect again.

imgur.com

imgur.com

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Anyway for the staff to review websites?

I used a referral link to surebuydress.com on my phone and when I decided to look at their site more comfortably on my desktop one online store outlet suspects they are a scam website due to invalid credit card gateway icons, and their email address domain used by other scam sites.

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
What does "Requires opt-out" mean, isn't that what the popup settings are for?

Last edited:

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
I've been getting constant redirects with pop ups this morning of the classic "google rewards" variety. On iOS with Firefox.

MattB

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just had a pop up come up when I entered a thread saying I was the 5 billionth search lol.
Same one as tall4life posted. On mobile s10+ chrome

Actinium

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
California
The resetera logo appears to have been swapped for an animal crossing ad. It's at the top of every page, it's on the tab, it's an eye worm i can't help but catch a glance of every other minute and I hate it. It was unacceptable for gears of war and it's unacceptable now.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
On mobile I'm constantly getting redirected to a takeover ad saying I'm the billionth Google search or something. Site is completely unusable as a result.
The resetera logo appears to have been swapped for an animal crossing ad. It's at the top of every page, it's on the tab, it's an eye worm i can't help but catch a glance of every other minute and I hate it. It was unacceptable for gears of war and it's unacceptable now.
It's not an ad.