• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Can barely open any page without this stupid ad opening up.

Happening to other members too.

screenshot_20200320-2eujba.png

b-dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, we are aware of the problem and are contacting the ad agency in order to take care of it.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Got this same ad on the main Gaming Forum page.

Browser: Chrome
Platform: Desktop

Edit: Just got the same ad two other times now. Giant Bomb OT and the Modern Warfare 2 Remastered thread. Can't tell what ad is causing it though.

Last edited:

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Got this ad today (at least once...)

It opened another tab, so I guess it's not technically a "pop-up," but before I actually got it, ESET blocked it and I had to "Ignore and continue" to actually go to the ad's url.
I say "at least once," because the other one or two times I've seen the "ESET block screen," I just kinda let it be blocked, but it still takes over my browser and makes me lose my spot in the forums where I was at the time.

v3uDBle.png

edit: Oh, seems like a popular ad lately, lol.
edit2: oh sorry, I forgot to mention the browser I'm using. It's the Chromium-based Edge browser on a Windows 10 PC.

edit 3: Got it again today, with the url...

Don't have a screenshot because I didn't "ignore and continue" the ESET block. Even when I hit "go back," I get taken to the thread list and "lose my spot." Same platform as before. Was browsing the first page of this thread.

edit4: and again in this thread.

This time the URL is

same platform, same browser

edit 5:

yadda yadda yadda... going to the Gaming forum thread list.

Last edited:

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I'm getting tons of redirects. May just log out and lurk more lol. It's that bad. Walmart, Altice.

Oct 25, 2017
Usually i'm calm about this but seriously....how in the flying fuck are the vip sweepstakes site redirects back AGAIN!? This has been on and off for months now and at least the 5th time this shit has come back. Do you have any quality re-assurance for this crap or do you just allow any ads to go through?

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Yep, I've been getting the same redirects to "fortunatefellow.xyz" domain urls. I click into a thread and suddenly my tab has been replaced with the contents of an obvious scam url. It's happened three times in the last day or so.

This is browsing with Firefox on Windows 10.

Sorry mods, I also used your "contact us" link before I found this thread. Feel free to ignore that mail.

EDIT: And it happened again while I was in this thread.

Last edited:

b-dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Sent an email to the ad company, they'll be on it pretty quick.

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
This isn't so much the ads themselves but a couple time recently, the ads seem to cycle quickly in such a way that they constantly shift the window up and down. Especially after a load but I kinda expect that. As I type this, the website is jumping slightly every 10 or so seconds as the ad switches and loads in the "report ad" text or something. I find it super distracting. It's not 100% of the time, though. Anyway.

Untogether

Oct 29, 2017
I'm getting a bunch of redirects today, the most recent from the Gaming forum home page and took me here, which seems to be the same .xyz domain but all mine start eu.somethingorother.xyz as I'm in Belgium. Can't tell you ad that prompted this one as when I hit back to Era there were no ads on the page!

Warning on the link as AVG reports them.

DRock

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting a bunch of redirects today, the most recent from the Gaming forum home page and took me here, which seems to be the same .xyz domain but all mine start eu.somethingorother.xyz as I'm in Belgium. Can't tell you ad that prompted this one as when I hit back to Era there were no ads on the page!

Warning on the link as AVG reports them.
I'm getting a bunch on my mobile device as well. The site is unusable right now as it redirects like every few clicks wether I'm in a thread or at the forum level. Just started today.