• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmVkJvieaOA
Summary:
Don't share altright tweets, even if it's to mock them.
Don't acknowledge them.
Don't engage them.
Provide an explanation independent of their accusation.

I think the first and the last are the most important, and the easiest things, we can do in this forum.

Stop quoting the dumbasses.

I know its delicious to put morons in their place. Trust me, I love it too. But what we end up doing is spreading there stupidity across multiple pages. Like, if someone shat on your floor you wouldn't smear it all over your carpet. You would toss it out.

Edit: Don't know how to embed.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I try to move the Overton window to the left instead by proposing policies most Americans are crazy. Higher taxes. Banning guns. A kind of counter-trolling, though still sharing my honest opinions

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I've been telling people to stop giving bigots a platform for years and we still get hit with this "But if we just debate them in an open forum" bullshit as if they're engaging in honest debate in the first place.

legacyzero

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I dont agree with this is all.

Tar and feather these mother fuckers until they lose their jobs and get punched in the fucking face repeatedly. The only platform they deserve is the gallows.

People need to know the shit that's attempting a resurgence. You can't know your enemy until you're exposed to them. Exposed to why their views are evil. Exposed to fingerless gloves to punch them with. etc etc.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
If you aren't quoting the morons then you are doing better than I was.
Well I do unfortunately

But I try to move the discussion in my direction instead by staying on the offensive, and using their tools.

I still get baited sometimes though. I remember that one thread on here where one poster managed to derail the entire thread to be about where they personally would draw the line of calling someone a nazi (and by mental acrobatics always coming to the conclusion that Trump was not)

Status
Not open for further replies.