• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
the-amazing-race-season-31-cast-and-logo.jpg

Welcome to the latest season of The Amazing Race. I'll add more as soon as I can. It appears that everyone is ramping up with the crossovers these days, so it appears that CBS is joining in on the fun. For the first time in TAR history, we will have representatives from both Big Brother and Survivor in the roster. Not to mention the fact that we have some old favorites from past races joining in on the fun as well. So let's see who's joined in:

The Amazing Race alumna:

Leo and Jamal

28dcbfc4cfcae049_ar31_leotemory-jamalzadran_800x1000.jpg

The brothers are back in for a third time for TAR glory. Placing 4th overall in the previous two races they entered, they hope to break past the that barrier to at least make it into the final three.

Tyler and Korey

458459c40bf63db5_ar31_tyleroakley-koreykuhl_800x1000.jpg

The Youtubers are back at it. The duo surprised everyone with their tenacity to make it to the final three in season 28, winning first in the previous three legs. Alas, they lost at the only first that matters, crashing out at a distant third place. This time, they hope to use that experience to win the race.

Becca and Floyd

f5b94e50ff2858d4_ar31_rebeccadroz-floydpierce_800x1000.jpg

Team Fun is back for another go. Their happy-go-lucky attitude was infectious to the audience. Unfortunately, physical challenges were their kryptonite, and one particularly rough bike ride in Vietnam dropped them from first to last. Let's hope there isn't any more of that in the race (by who are we kidding there?).

Art and JJ

b80f829dba3266ae_ar31_arturovelez-johnjamescarrell_800x1000.jpg

I remember season 20 as the one with several unlikable players as well as a team destined to win it all, setting the record for the most winning legs in history. This is the team who came closet to beating them. Border Patrol Agent's aren't exactly a hot profession around here, but these two were one of the nicer people in that season. Let's see what they can do without an unstoppable duo in the way.

Colin and Christie
fb964dbe57f4713e_ar31_colinguinn-christiewoods_800x1000.jpg

Yes, it's that team. The "my ox is broken" guy. The guy who spent hours in a rice patty and somehow avoided elimination. Well... that team ended up getting married. And Colin says he's no longer the angry boyfriend from way back in season 5. We'll see about that.

Big Brother:

Nicole and Victor

d836c1499a816b9c_ar31_nicolefranzel-victorarroyo_800x1000.jpg

I'm... not sure why they're giving second chances to winners like Nicole of seasons 16 and 18 fame. That's like donating a billion dollars to Bill Gates. Anyways, conquering Big Brother is no longer enough for Nicole and her season 18 boytoy. She now has her eyes set on The Amazing Race.

Janelle and Britney

62d1789cb56d2e5e_ar31_janelleierzina-britneyhaynes_800x1000.jpg

Now this is more like it. Janelle has been around for three seasons including the All-Star Game. Her last appearance was at season 14 along with Britney who was at her second after 12. The two liked each other despite losing and how seek to set their differences to win it all here.

Rachel and Elissa

68f2d96a90c6ef7b_ar31_rachelreilly-elissareilly_800x1000.jpg

Okay, this is probably cheating. Apparently, CBS thought the Big Brother guys needed a leg up and brought now another Big Brother winner (13) but also one who attended two TAR seasons. However, those seasons... weren't her finest hour. Still, that team somehow managed to make it to the final three in both occasions, but she granted us a bit of mercy by employing her sister instead (who incidentally attended Big Brother 15) to grant her the chance to conquer two reality shows.

Survivor

Chris and Brett

43a5bb49186664e5_ar31_chrishammons-bretlabelle_800x1000.jpg

These two Gen Xers failed to prevent the Millennials from winning season 33 of Survivor (though the two lasted long enough to be jury members), These two friends hope to have better luck in the Amazing Race.

Corinne and Eliza

c9a41e15770797e0_ar31_corinnekaplan-elizaorlins_800x1000.jpg

Corinne and Eliza did not meet each other in previous seasons (Corinne took on the rain forests of Cameroon and Gabon while Eliza spent her time in the island nations of Vanuatu and Micronesia). Nevertheless, the two decided to try their luck in areas more urban areas. It is unknown if their experience in the wilderness will help them out on the streets.

Rupert and Laura

41249bb33337b7b2_ar31_rupertboneham-lauraboneham_800x1000.jpg

Man, if there ever was a team who could use a win, it's these two. Rubert is a Survivor veteran in multiple games. He... did not do well in his last foray, as he the first chucked out of the place. So much for blood being thicker than water.Yet CBS decided to give the couple one more chance, sending him on a vacation instead for a million dollars. Rupert is sure to dominate the physical challenges, but it remains to be seen if they can read a map correctly.

The race already started a little over a week ago, but spoilers will be allowed on this thread.

Last edited:

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
I binged through a lot of old amazing race recently (probably too much I burnt out a bit), and seeing the 180 in Colin and Christie compared to their original season is fun. May as well be different people, so far anyway.

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
The thread has been updated with bios on all the teams. Enjoy the thread.

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
...forgot about the fact that the race is already done and dusted by the time episodes air.

Thanks for the tag, but please refrain from posting post-race spoilers until the end of the season. Don't worry, I didn't get spoiled, but came damn near close to.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
...forgot about the fact that the race is already done and dusted by the time episodes air.

Thanks for the tag, but please refrain from posting post-race spoilers until the end of the season. Don't worry, I didn't get spoiled, but came damn near close to.
Yeah CBS backed it up badly at one point when they cut from twice a year to once a yeah.
One of the recent seasons basically filmed 2 years before it aired.

Pulling for Becca and Floyd, they were very endearing even when it got annoying at times.
Felt bad for them on that bike challenge.

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
I haven't watched the show in years (can't stand the tone/editing post season 12), but might do it for Colin & Christie. It's cool they're still together.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I watched the last episode, but found it really boring. Ended up skipping this one because I already have a lot to watch. I missed the first episode, and thought last week's was the first when I recorded it.

The team I wanted to win got kicked off anyways.

Used to watch Amazing Race every year, but maybe I'll save myself for Canada and just watch that again. It's been better than the US show.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Been really enjoying this season. The elephants task last week was awesome and, being a reality TV dork, have been invested in all of the teams.

I didn't really care about neither Nicole or Victor when they were on Big Brother, but goddamn are they a charming and likeable Race couple. They are so sweet together, with those big goofy smiles everywhere they go.

Also, Corinne and Eliza are amazing casting for this thing and I want them to go to the end. Not necessarily rooting for them to win, but I just want to watch them fight with every country they visit. Every task seems to torture them.

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
The race has been surprisingly drama-free so far. Even Brendon and Colin have trudged through with little complains.

Still wish Phil would use that non-elimination leg on Rupert, but they looked hopeless in following directions. :(

Last edited:

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ah we do have a thread. I like this season so far, I absolutely love Colin and Christie, one of my favorite teams ever and I love how well composed Colin seems now.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm effing dying at the guy just going "oh god" while waiting to dance

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Damn. That was a nail biter. Survivor peeps are getting bodied. At least we have our heels now.

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
Just caught up on the first 4 episodes. Hoping for Colin and Christie to win! Colin's completely different from years ago. Glad they are still together!

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Hold on. Did CBS skip the Dubai episode? I could have sworn they used last week for the Survivor finale. Anyways, we're getting a new location in Uganda. Surprised that they've yet to officially visit Kenya.

Edit: Ha. That's what you get for trying to cheat through the internet.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Sucks that the two Big Brother couples had to eliminate each other. It also sucks that it was the one team that didn't have a previous winner.

addik

Oct 28, 2017
Hold on. Did CBS skip the Dubai episode? I could have sworn they used last week for the Survivor finale. Anyways, we're getting a new location in Uganda. Surprised that they've yet to officially visit Kenya.

Edit: Ha. That's what you get for trying to cheat through the internet.

I think the Dubai episode aired an hour earlier (8PM) for you guys out there.

I'm glad there's a TAR thread here in resetera. Just want to say that seeing who the bottom 2 teams were sucked because I liked both. Idk Team Fun has been very grating on me. I do like all of the other teams though--seeing Colin and Christie back after all these years is surreal.

Sneaky Gato

Oct 27, 2017
It's nice seeing it be so drama free si far
Though I imagine the head to head next leg will change that

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I loved Britney so I'm pretty sad about that. Still can't stand the reilly sisters.

Still love seeing this new colin and Christie.

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Looks like they've moved the date to 8/7c... which is right now.

Edit: How's this for irony. Nicole and Victor tried to avoid being U-turned... in a non-U-Turn leg. Now they have to deal with that possibility in the next leg.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Just saw this

kinda cool.
Team Fun recaps(including last season they weren't in) they also drop some bts tidbits as well in different videos and comment responses.

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
We actually have drama between teams, which has been lacking so far. The upcoming Speed Bump will definitely turn things up to eleven.

Edit: Oooh. Perfect timing for a twist from Grandmaster Phil.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Aww shit. Colin meets up with his archnemesis: unresponsive cattle.

EDIT: If there ever was a thing as laser guided karma in real life, we just witnessed it.

Last edited:

addik

Oct 28, 2017
EDIT: If there ever was a thing as laser guided karma in real life, we just witnessed it.

Currently watching through this episode, but I already know the results due to the leak from last year. I wonder if this is about Rachel? Because yeah, I really don't see why people think they were bad for warning Nicole/Victor, although Rachel should've handled that a bit better. That only thing I can think about is that it's because Rachel is involved. If this was C/C or Afghanimals (who admit to being sketchy too), I think people would have sung a different tune.

If anything, Nicole/Victor acted like victims and blamed their poor leg 7 performance on Rachel when it was clearly a bad detour choice and Victor not asking for instructions.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Rachel is just insufferable as always. Good leg though, and nothing makes me happier than seeing Colin and Christie again in this race. It's crazy how the really good teams of yesteryear were just gods at every aspect of this game.

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
Colin and Christie are the best. I loved them in season 5. I think I'll have to rewatch that season. It sucked that they lost and I hope they win. To be so good after I don't know how many years ago it was is impressive. I also enjoy zen Colin.

holtz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really enjoying this latest season after being away from TAR for a long time. Nice locales and good contestants. Any of the recent seasons as good as this one?

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
I must say, I'm not a fan of the shortened intro. In other news, looks like we got a split field. This will be interesting. Split, Croatia looks amazing btw.

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Looks like the season finale will be a 2 hour event according to the DVR and will occur 2 weeks from now.

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
New episode tonight.

And holy crap I just noticed there's only one non-Race team left.

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
And Nicole and her boy toy live to fight another day. And just in time for the final episodes next week.

Pikachu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lmao all the guys are like oh this cow is pretty heavy and then Becca picks it up and is like oh it's light

Edit: second lmao. You know, in their first appearance, Becca showed moments of weirdly intense anger (him forgetting the passport). And here it is again. It's such a clash with her normal personality.

Edit 2: the drama in this episode, I can't handle it

Last edited:
OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
I just realized the finale is happening the same time as the primary debates. F....

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
It's time for the 2 hour finale. Which team do you think will win it all? I'm going with the shock pick of Colin and Christie because that would probably be the comeback of the century.

EDIT: Screw it. Let's do this live.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Unbelievable.

They actually did it! From "my ox is broken" to Amazing Race winners. Incredible redemption story for Colin and Christie

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Unbelievable.

They actually did it! From "my ox is broken" to Amazing Race winners. Incredible redemption story for Colin and Christie

I feel like everyone who cares out the outcome wouldn't be visiting the thread right now, but better safe than sorry, I suppose.

But yeah, completely agree with you! Crazy to think that the super angry guy everyone was dunking on in TAR5 came back to being such a great story. Really happy for them, they did very well. I would've been happy for Tyler/Korey too, since they are such a strong and fun team. But honestly, those two are so enterprising, I'm guessing they'll do fine financially.

Also felt bad for Leo & Jamal with the lock. They were my least favorite of the final four, but didn't want to see them go out like that. :(

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Very satisfying finale. I would've been happy with any of the final 5 or so teams winning. Glad it was
Colin and Christie though, I loved them in season 5 and I love them WAY more now, just as intensely competitive without all the baggage.

Sneaky Gato

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got around to watching the finale.
seeing just how far Colin has come was great.i was also surprised by how close it felt at the end since I feel like these final legs tend to be dominated by one team.
excited for next race!

Pikachu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was just so happy that he lost on the bank vault. Did not like that team at all.

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Yeah, I'd say that was a damn good season with little drama. The locales could have been better though. And I'm glad for the winning team.

Oh man does this mean we're getting Nick and Vicki next crossover? They're by far the most chaotic team now.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'd say that was a damn good season with little drama. The locales could have been better though. And I'm glad for the winning team.

Oh man does this mean we're getting Nick and Vicki next crossover? They're by far the most chaotic team now.
I can think of WAY worse, I had to google to even remember who you meant.

Imagine a season with Johnathan and Victoria again Y I K E S (I know they broke up but still).

Or let's get Flo and Zach. or maybe just Flo.