• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you think animated avatars should be a thing? (Hint: it already is)

• Yea

• Nay

• Dont Care either way

• Let people choose if they want to see animates avatars or not in Preferences

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2625

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i kinda like them but i get why a lot don't.

why not make it a tradition or something where in the anniversary of ResetEra opening we turn them on for a day or a week?

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just a reminder (since both threads were merged)

My avatar was uploaded for the purpose of the poll and im 100% for NAY
You do realize you are kind of gaming the system, right? Obviously GIF avatars that are intrusive and flashy shouldn't be allowed, but for example look at this one above, that is what I call worthy.
3535.jpg

Miracle Ache

Oct 25, 2017
How the hell do you guys play games when you get distracted so easily?

I'm for animated Avatars with an option to turn them off.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
You do realize you are kind of gaming the system, right? Obviously GIF avatars that are intrusive and flashy shouldn't be allowed, but for example look at this one above, that is what I call worthy.
3535.jpg
You're gonna see a lot more dumb and flashy animated avatars than stuff like that. And even stuff like that is super distracting.

Oct 25, 2017
Mine unfortunately loses a lot of lustre when it is static.

But I'll go with whatever the community decides. But until then, I'll enjoy my avatar for the time being.

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
I was against them going in, but just from skimming this thread alone it cements my position. I would be willing to settle for an option to turn them off.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
For such an opportunity, I have waited long. Don't remove it please, it would be wrong!

Baleoce

Oct 27, 2017
Let people choose if they want to see animates avatars or not in Preferences

I think that's a nice compromise. Maybe it can show a non animated version of the same avatar in its place for those that have set it in the preferences.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Now it's been pointed out to me I can't stand them anymore.

D:

Time portal gets a pass.

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty half and half now
I wouldnt really consider 50% Solid Nay and 50% three different answers really"half and half." Lumping all three of those options together as in favor isn't honest. It's especially egregious to consider Dont Care as in favor. It shouldnt even be an option, people with no opinion whatsoever could have just not voted. They're not for or against anything.

Like, nobody went to their local polls on election day to write in "dont care." People who stayed home were not included in the results or automatically attributed to one side.

PogiJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was pretty deep into this thread before I realized it was about animated avatars, and not about anime avatars. I was really confused why you'd want an option in preferences.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
How It works? Im trying to upload a Gif and apng below 50kb and It doesnt accept :/

has to be .gif, png doesn't work in my experience

try posting the gif in here

the size limit is so restrictive pretty much any "real" picture looks terrible, thats why everyone has "animation" style avatars

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I totally get why some don't like them, some can be annoying. But for the time being I will stick with my animated version.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Make it optional I say. Personally I'd rather see static images; animations are too distracting and annoying imo, but if we have the option to turn them off I don't see an issue and people who like them can go ahead and use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.