• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
Really good highlights at how many contextual animations there are depending and showcasing how Nintendo pretty much went above and beyond compared to before.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Makes me excited for the future of Mario too. I mean, it's not like they can go back to basic animations now right?

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
There was a previous video that showed how a lot of NSMB's animation were likely based on the stiff sprites from SMB1, like Mario going into the pipe, and now I can't unsee it.

My dream would be an All-Stars style collection of the NSMB games with the Wonder art style.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Definitely need to watch this when I have time, I know I have a lot to do when I get to work.

Moz La Punk

Journalist at Gamer.nl & Power Unlimited
Verified
May 15, 2018
The Netherlands
Makes me excited for the future of Mario too. I mean, it's not like they can go back to basic animations now right?

Hah! This is Nintendo we're talking about!

Kidding aside, the improved animation is my number one favorite feature of Wonder. It looks so much better than the NSMB-series, and its not even close. The comparison to the boxart of Super Mario Bros. 2 is spot on. When Mario gets an item, the transformation almost looks like claymation to my eyes. So beautiful.