• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

legacyzero

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

This is a spot on video IMO. This is also a tabbit hole I climbed down for months in an effort to understand what all the fuss was about. (Mainly Sargon, ShoeOnHead, Chris Ray Gun, and Mundane Matt). Though I know there's some truly worse ones like Lauren Southern, Milo, etc.

This video goes on depth on how one might stumble into this trend, how these reactionaries commonly label themselves as leftists, yet espouse right wing talking points. It highlights hipocricies, and unprincipled finger wagging at the angry left, while never holding the right accountable for similar infractions (such as free speech, and being snowflakes of their own. It's just more lucrative to poke fun of the left.

Since watching a decent amount of the libraries of these creators, it's easy to come to the conclusion that these folks aren't here for a"conversation and debate" that they clamor so hard for. They're here for clicks, hate, and even worse, violence (Lauren Southern's Europe fiasco.

I'd recommend it to those who want a video to share with folks you know who consume this kind of content, or for those of you who are currently down the rabbit hole or considering it.

These folks are hacks, plain and simple.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Daniel reviewed the video over again and livestream and mentioned that he probably should have put more Blaire in there tbh

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
i used to watch Thunderf00t, his scientific debunking stuff is pretty informative

OP
OP
legacyzero

legacyzero

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Daniel reviewed the video over again and livestream and mentioned that he probably should have put more Blaire in there tbh
I agree, especially after her repeated self-owns in the face of Trump's anti-trans policy and debating with Ben Shapiro.

"Isn't it great that we're having a constructive conversation (while you're being anti-trans to my face)"

i used to watch Thunderf00t, his scientific debunking stuff is pretty informative
I heard about him. He's feature in the video too, though I never dove into his stuff

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For some reason Youtube keeps suggesting these pricks to me.

I dont watch ANY youtuber who comments on social issues.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Is it a rabbit hole when watching a random gaming vid will load them up as a suggestion?

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I remember seeing clips of some of these folks and their attempts at what they called rebuttals were more like the monty python argument sketch. which is perhaps the point

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Felt sick when he talked about how just letting the algorithim run, it wasn't long until the video he was looking at was about running over BLM protesters. Such a video shouldn't even exist on YT let alone have the chance to show up.

Is it a rabbit hole when watching a random gaming vid will load them up as a suggestion?
Right? Depending on the video game, it's just a few steps away from someone like AlphaOmegaSin showing up in the Up Next feed.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
For some reason Youtube keeps suggesting these pricks to me.

I dont watch ANY youtuber who comments on social issues.

I used to have this problem, but suddenly about a month or two ago I just randomly stopped getting shitty "anit-SJW" videos in my recommended. Now all I have to worry about in my recommended is spoilers.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for posting. I like finding youtube channels like shaun that like to dissect and tear down the alt-right and other arguments and phenomena.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Right? Depending on the video game, it's just a few steps away from someone like AlphaOmegaSin showing up in the Up Next feed.
This just reminds me of how sad I was when I saw a like from Shesez (Boundary Break) in my twitter feed and it was an AphaOmegaSin tweet. Checked who Shesez was following and sure enough he was following AlphaOmegaSin.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Watch 1 video on fitness and now I get a ton of videos about how inferior women are. Youtube is a dumpster fire.

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
I only got as deep as ShoeOnHead and Armoured Skeptic. Became pretty clear pretty quickly what was going on once the "let's dunk on flat earthers" content started drying up. Recently unsubbed. Glad I knew enough people on the left to give me perspective on the issues these two decided to tackle and did not dive any deeper.

Last edited:

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
4unfste3vga11.jpg

It's so bad, that by clicking the video in the OP. YT will by design recommend you anti-sjw videos.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Youtube's algorithm is fundamentally broken. "Hey, we noticed you've watched a lot of fun Star Wars videos lately. Would you like to watch a video about how Star Wars sucks and SJWs ruined it? Sounds right up your alley!!!"

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Watching anything political always fills up my recommendations with this garbage. Thanks for showing me both sides of the issue, youtube.

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah I spent a good year trying to get YouTube to stop recommending this trash to me. I'd say it only recently seems to have started working.

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Youtube's algorithm is fundamentally broken. "Hey, we noticed you've watched a lot of fun Star Wars videos lately. Would you like to watch a video about how Star Wars sucks and SJWs ruined it? Sounds right up your alley!!!"

Man we as a society really screwed the pooch in letting data algorithms run the show so quickly without doing our due diligence first.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I try to be careful to avoid these kinds of videos. I once went down a particular rabbit hole because I ended up clicking on one of those awful videos and it took far too long to get Youtube to stop recommending such videos to me.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
The hate for Anita Sarkeesian is wild. People act like she murdered their entire family.

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
Only watch car related videos and videos from official gaming channels like PlayStation and the like due to stuff like this. Hate when I watch fishing videos and stuff and I start getting all these right wing related bs. Not only rednecks fish, dumb YouTube.

OP
OP
legacyzero

legacyzero

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If I'm being honest with myself, I have to say that going down this rabbit hole was good for me. I can't hate these ideas and understand what I'm up against if I'm not exposed to them. AND, you get to see them eat their own.

Mundane Matt just basically had his channel killed when he was exposed for false flagging videos on YouTube that were critical of him, and getting them removed. It was GLORIOUS

Jeff6851

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I used to watch ReviewTechUSA but haven't in years because he became part of that "I'm just thinking logically but actually I'm far right" crowd.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
Are there any categories that don't lead down this rabbit hole? Like gaming and comedy clips always lead to it. But even relatively innocent fail compilation videos have a "SJW cringe compilation" pop up on the side bar sooner or later.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I think that youtube algorithm should be a point of more contention. People are appropriately(usually) mad at Twitter for some of their administration decisions, but we should also really be eyeing Youtube to do something about that shit. I don't watch like gaming personalities so I don't get stuff from that side, but If I'm watching a news clip from the source channel or a Contrapoints video or something and I let the autoplay go, it's pretty much 4-5 videos until I end up at REALPATRIOTNEWSTRUTH or whatever. It's like 6 degrees of right-wing propaganda with that fuckin algorithm.

Are there any categories that don't lead down this rabbit hole? Like gaming and comedy clips always lead to it. But even relatively innocent fail compilation videos have a "SJW cringe compilation" pop up on the side bar sooner or later.

Exactly, almost no matter where you start if you let that autoplay algorithm go and you comeback later you'll have ended up at this shit

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Felt sick when he talked about how just letting the algorithim run, it wasn't long until the video he was looking at was about running over BLM protesters. Such a video shouldn't even exist on YT let alone have the chance to show up.

I remember for years I couldn't get away from watching retro game videos without him showing up in the side bar.

I've got to wonder how bothersome RDR2 is to people like this given that it's basically a giant Fuck You to the anti-SJW crowd in terms of its actual storytelling.
They won't even think about it. They'll see that you can beat up that one woman and glowingly talk about how Rockstar gets them.

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I think that youtube algorithm should be a point of more contention. People are appropriately(usually) mad at Twitter for some of their administration decisions, but we should also really be eyeing Youtube to do something about that shit. I don't watch like gaming personalities so I don't get stuff from that side, but If I'm watching a news clip from the source channel or a Contrapoints video or something and I let the autoplay go, it's pretty much 4-5 videos until I end up at REALPATRIOTNEWSTRUTH or whatever. It's like 6 degrees of right-wing propaganda with that fuckin algorithm.
Let's be honest, it's like 2 degrees at most ;)

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
YouTube suggestions are aggressively bad and you can tell when certain people just parrot the video, on topics ranging from politics to media. Sometimes you'd be posting and suddenly see very similar lines and arguments made, then realize, oh, they're from a video that's trending or recommended.

Just now I I opened up this video in a private window. List of what's recommended:

-more videos from this Three Arrows channel
-Midterm is a referendum on Far Left Identity Politics
-Joe Rogan videos
-Cenk Uygur Destroys Mainstream Media News
-The Ben Shapiro Show
-Social Justice Warriors vs Logic SJW MELTDOWN

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I used to watch ReviewTechUSA but haven't in years because he became part of that "I'm just thinking logically but actually I'm far right" crowd.

I am so confused as to how "rational thinking" leads people down the arch-right rabbit hole. It feels like people who consider themselves "rationalists" are vulnerable to libertarian ideology, and once you start thinking like a libertarian it's a long spiral down into "WHITE GENOCIDE" nonsense.

Jeff6851

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am so confused as to how "rational thinking" leads people down the arch-right rabbit hole. It feels like people who consider themselves "rationalists" are vulnerable to libertarian ideology, and once you start thinking like a libertarian it's a long spiral down into "WHITE GENOCIDE" nonsense.

Because a part of being on the let involves also being compassionate and people who aren't that smart think you can't do that and be logical at the same time.