• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DM_Uselink

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Nice illustration. :) I really like the dynamic, contrast and colors. I hope you don't mind me giving you a little tip though?

You did well in the exaggerated perspective, with one exception: You didn't paint the head in the same perspective warp as the rest of the body. For that reason the head sticks strangely out.
I booted up Photoshop real quick and put Ryu's head in a more fitting perspective for you, I really hope you don't mind:

If you open both images in different browser windows and click back and forth, you can see the difference quite well.

Thanks for taking the time to do that! I don't mind at all, I appreciate it. I definitely see what you are talking about. The camera is down below, and how I had it made it seem as if his head is a front view perspective. I should have done a better initial sketch before trying to finish it up.

Edit: Top of page (50ppp!) I few more spaceships. This time playing with organic shapes.
DOOEUREV4AAmSvG.jpg:large

Last edited:

Borgnine

Oct 25, 2017
frood29ugt.jpg

There was some other art thread where I posted a shot halfway through, I can't keep track of them. Anyway it's finished.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Although you requested mainly bursh settings tutorials I have to say that digital painting comes mainly down to having a fundamental knowledge of art, just like traditional painting. the tool, in this case the brushes, are mostly irrelevant.

Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh but I notice this myself, when I'm stuck with painting I look for the easy way out. Oh if I only had those brushes that the painter used I would be as good. Often times I find the brushes after a long search and then... I play around with them a few minutes but they don't fix my problem.

Long story short I recently discovered this 10 Minutes Video Series by Marco Bucci that really opened my eyes.

thanks dog, i'll take a look

FSP

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
London, United Kingdom
So I have PROPERLY finished this piece now. It's the cover for Hidden Places #0, the trial chapter for a webcomic I'm doing.

I've posted this piece a few times... but it's DONE. Complete. This is why I am doing a black-and-white comic using screentone and lots of paper rather than going ham digitally...

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Working on Ana de Armas in ZBrush, V1 was a day. Most of the time was spent on the likeness. Trying to get better with limbs, hands are super difficult. Looking at it now I can see the arms are too short. Been using pinterest for reference but it's not great.
A9NiVni.jpg

hsTlk7R.jpg

Alice

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I wish I were as productive as a few years ago I rarely find the time to draw beyond doodles anymore. I tried to join this year's inktober, but dropped out after four days because I just couldn't keep the pace thanks to my fulltime job and other commitments.

Here's one of the inktober pieces, just to contribute, maybe this thread can get my artflow moving again!

I usually stick to drawing the characters I write about, so this is just a small story piece of Alice, a not-so-successful-Witch, trying to create a magical catalyst from a bunch of buttons.

22154263_10155824444337509_2394716340762426360_n_by_korcas-dbtann4.jpg

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
sneak peak before I actually dump this on social etc

l373w3t.gif

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
just fanart. I had kinda intended it to enter into a fanart contest they're running but submissions closed before i even started drawing, haha... anyway, it was fun to study movie poster composition

Graefellsom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
People doing lovely art with lovely lines in this thread!
Started a new one, trying to do a cute skeleton guy, not figured out how I'm gonna do the body yet. Probably another one for the back burner for a while.

skull2.jpg

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Here's something I did recently...

AFgkaPcl.jpg

I've been drawing for about 5 years now. Started on a Wacom Intuous and moved to a Surface Pro 4 two years ago. I've been all digital except this drawing above is different. I drew it with pencil on paper and then snapped a photo with my phone and finished it with "digital ink" on my Surface.

I still don't really know what I'm doing when it comes to coloring my drawings. Usually they look kinda bland so I just through a generic "water color" layer underneath which I think usually looks cool but I wish I knew how to make the coloring look more interesting on my own. I use Photoshop.

I really love that awilliams213 ! I didn't realize iPad Pro had software that advanced... looks like a desktop app. And it's free?

awilliams213

Oct 27, 2017
CT
Here's something I did recently...

I've been drawing for about 5 years now. Started on a Wacom Intuous and moved to a Surface Pro 4 two years ago. I've been all digital except this drawing above is different. I drew it with pencil on paper and then snapped a photo with my phone and finished it with "digital ink" on my Surface.

I still don't really know what I'm doing when it comes to coloring my drawings. Usually they look kinda bland so I just through a generic "water color" layer underneath which I think usually looks cool but I wish I knew how to make the coloring look more interesting on my own. I use Photoshop.

I really love that awilliams213 ! I didn't realize iPad Pro had software that advanced... looks like a desktop app. And it's free?

They launched it Wednesday. The first 6 months is free then it's $8.99 a month. It's impressive no lag working with 300 dpi files. I haven't try importing desktop files etc. so we'll see how it works out.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
the desktop version is a fixed price but iPad is subscription? That's kinda weird.

I do have Adobe CC... does anyone here use their iPad apps for drawing? Whenever the iPad Pro first came out I believe there wasn't anything good specifically for drawing (especially for setting stuff like canvas size, dpi, etc).

FSP

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
London, United Kingdom
As long as CSP on the iPad can push a saved file to some cloud hosting solution where it can be easily downloaded back into the desktop app without any significant amount of faff, I'm sure it'll be a solid addition to artist workflows.

The main issue with drawing on an iPad (and other devices frankly) is screen size. I find it far easier to do my art on a Ugee 2150 which is substantially cheaper than a smaller device like a Surface or iPad.

SomaXD

Oct 27, 2017
Been drawing since i could hold a pencil...

Im out of practice these days what with a 3yo human running around and being a full time stay-at-home dad... but heres some of my crap:

Animation Cels (acrylic on acetate)

exxSk.jpeg

rlIWV.jpeg

JNyl4.jpeg

Bwmiy.jpeg

Watercolor
tbOX7.jpeg

XVSPH.jpeg

N4KwW.jpeg

Oils
Rqtng.jpeg

Digital
pLJZd.png

uRNM7.jpeg

(Im sorry if these are too big or too small, posting on my phone)

Last edited:

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Which tablet would you guys recommend for design/art? I'm talking the Watcom Cintiq style, but not necessarily the price point. I've got an older tablet, but I have trouble not looking down at it, as im used to drawing by hand on paper.

NO!R

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What's the best way to get back in drawing shape?

I've always been competent at sketching. Portraits and human figure, but sadly I've never really engaged with it fully.

I want to get started, but I'm torn between just doodling and copying drawings from one of my figure drawing books, or follow a workbook, step by step.

(There's something about copying a drawing of a skeleton from a workbook that's incredibly dull. Feels pointless. I have a better time emulating the human form at surface level, and eventually iron out details from memory, than building it anatomically from the bones up.)

Graefellsom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Apologies if you've answered this but do you sell this stuff? Your art is great!

Thank you!! I only really sell my screen prints at print and art fairs in and around Manchester. I'm too disorganised right now for etsy.

My price is usually around £70 (since they're limited to editions of under 20 and all hand printed).. but if I'm selling privately I'll try my best to keep the price down by posting for free.. and I usually throw in another free print.

My only issue at the moment sometimes the paper I print on isn't ideal for rolling up, so i'm not sure of the cost of posting internationally (will try to get round to that sometime this week or next).. tubes are around £10 usually.

If you want I can PM you when I've printed that fox one and you can choose which number you want from 2-16 (planning an edition of 17)?

C.B.

Oct 26, 2017
England
What's the best way to get back in drawing shape?

I've always been competent at sketching. Portraits and human figure, but sadly I've never really engaged with it fully.

I want to get started, but I'm torn between just doodling and copying drawings from one of my figure drawing books, or follow a workbook, step by step.

(There's something about copying a drawing of a skeleton from a workbook that's incredibly dull. Feels pointless. I have a better time emulating the human form at surface level, and eventually iron out details from memory, than building it anatomically from the bones up.)

I use to feel a lot the same way a long while back, but over time you realise understanding where the bones lie will ultimately help with your anatomy overall and understanding what is/isn't possible with the body you're trying to compose. The bones effect the muscles more so, and not everything is -covered- in muscles either. That's not to say you can only learn the skeletal structure and only move on once you've mastered it. Personally, I think it's good to study as many aspects as you can, designate time separately to things you feel you need to work on and swapping out focal points every once in a while to keep it fresh. Multiple resources also help a ton.

I'm doing a 3d render every day for a year:

I'm @Teknobabel on twitter if you want to see more of the series as it continues.

I love these, especially that first one.

cjcover2fnr1q.jpg

Almost completed the first episode of a new comic I'm working on, and started messing around with the possible cover for ep2. The rival of the protagonist.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
what i really should sit down and do is some muscle studies. i got no idea with that.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, lemme post something in here too. :) I was before in the other thread, but I guess I was wrong there. No one else but me actually posted his/her art there.

Character design profile and step by step progress of the design:

38360002906_5424af1d1e_o.jpg

38360003076_4ca7a54b92_o.jpg

Graefellsom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Here are some lino prints I did about a year ago. I mostly do lino just for fun and to take a break from screenprintin'

lino1.jpg

lino2.jpg

lino3.jpg

Nov 7, 2017
Hi everyone! Saw this thread and thought it would be a lot of fun to take part in. I'm a freelance illustrator, I've worked with Lucasfilm, Disney, AMC and others. Here's a few pieces of mine! If anyone has any questions, I'll try my best to answer.

33ygyz4.jpg

34feesl.jpg

and an older one that's game related -

23r4qw2.jpg

Air

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cool thread. I'll post some old artwork, I'll try to post some of my shorts later too.

x5wqyp.png

trudderham

Nov 9, 2017
Working on an acrylic painting of Harry Rocks, Dorset, a couple of miles from my house. Kinda happy with how it's going, I'll probably re-paint the water in front of the cliffs. Still lots to do including flowers/grass in the foreground.
IMG_1098.jpg

A closeup:
IMG_1100.jpg

awilliams213

Oct 27, 2017
CT
Hi everyone! Saw this thread and thought it would be a lot of fun to take part in. I'm a freelance illustrator, I've worked with Lucasfilm, Disney, AMC and others. Here's a few pieces of mine! If anyone has any questions, I'll try my best to answer.

Whoah the_FREELANCER awesome stuff do you have a social media account I would love to see more of your work ?

Been drawing since i could hold a pencil...

Im out of practice these days what with a 3yo himan running around and being a full time stay-at-home dad... but heres some of my crap:

Animation Cels (acrylic on acetate)

(Im sorry if these are too big or too small, posting on my phone)

SomaXD I love the Spider-Man Ninja Clan cells first of all glad to see someone else remember that comic secondly I remember learning how to paint cells it was mind-blowing.

Last night Kevin Wada posted some Supergirl concepts. I had to do my version of his Supergirl.

tumblr_ozfzm4Wlip1rz2t2qo1_540.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Lovely works people. Thats a good study SurrenderDorothy
spider I see you continue to do good work
the_FREELANCER thats some fantastic work
I guess you're only allowed to tag three people at once? Wont let me tag others.

Yooo! This is dope!! The area round the chest and arms came out pretty nice! Some good fold definition, too!
Glad you liked it. I think I'm gonna try to color/paint over other peoples sketches/pencils more often. I think its good practice. Thanks again for letting me do it.

Here's a recent prompt piece I did where I colored over one of my own ink drawings.

DOTlK0cU8AAacGo.jpg
DOTlNwhU8AAKxLN.jpg

ODD

Oct 25, 2017

33ygyz4.jpg

34feesl.jpg

23r4qw2.jpg
Whoa!

Cool thread. I'll post some old artwork, I'll try to post some of my shorts later too.

x5wqyp.png
Pls do. This is adorable! <3