• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

David Sirota had been working unofficially for Sanders while savaging the other Democratic candidates on Twitter
Shortly before he gave speeches launching his 2020 campaign earlier this month, Bernie Sanders emailed his supporters, urging them to "do our very best to engage respectfully with our Democratic opponents—talking about the issues we are fighting for, not about personalities or past grievances. I want to be clear that I condemn bullying and harassment of any kind and in any space."

What he didn't include was that one of the people already advising him and helping him write those launch speeches is one of his most famously aggressive supporters online.

Since December, David Sirota has, on Twitter, on his own website, and in columns in The Guardian, been trashing most of Sanders's Democratic opponents—all without disclosing his work with Sanders—and has been pushing back on critics by saying that he was criticizing the other Democrats as a journalist. He centered many of his attacks on Beto O'Rourke, but he also bashed Kamala Harris, Cory Booker, Joe Biden, Kirsten Gillibrand, Michael Bennet, John Hickenlooper, Mike Bloomberg, and even Andrew Cuomo.
Faiz Shakir, Sanders's campaign manager, confirmed in an interview on Tuesday afternoon that Sirota had been in an advisory role prior to his hiring on March 11. "He was advising beforehand," Shakir said, explaining that Sirota's informal work for Sanders goes back months, and was meant to be a trial period to see how the senator, who famously likes to write every word that he says himself, would work with a speechwriter.
When people have questioned his tactics, Sirota has called them "mentally incapacitated." Responding in mid-January to those who criticized him online for preemptively railing against the record of O'Rourke, who had not yet entered the race but had been a huge source of concern for Sanders allies since talk of O'Rourke's potential presidential run picked up last year, Sirota tweeted, "The screaming temper tantrums by Democratic Party operatives whenever reporters scrutinize a lawmaker's voting record is something to behold. These people quite literally hate democracy."

At another point, he said his critics "are deranged and/or running a deliberate disinfo campaign." "Positively unhinged," he wrote about them a separate time.
https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...sed-civility-hired-twitter-attack-dog/585259/

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Bernie and his team are unethical hacks who will justify anything to serve their cult of personality? That's so unlike Bern-dog and his stans...said no one.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Sirota is great.
Why the "attack dog" tag?
Because he was attacking people while secretly working for Bernard... and after Bernard made that flimsy "pledge" not to attack other candidates.

In other words: "I won't do the dirty work, but I'll have my own writer secretly on my payroll to shit talk everyone else."

See the problem?

loquaciousJenny

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Title says "just hired" like he hasn't been doing this for months and they've only now announced it because they've been exposed

phazedplasma

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bernie should have never pledged not to attack others.

Hopefully this is a sign of him going back on that.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bernie should have never pledged not to attack others.

Hopefully this is a sign of him going back on that.
Seeing how he lied to the press and hid the fact he hired someone to attack for him......this is proof he tried to have it both ways. Made the pledge and then lied and secretly broke the pledge hoping to not get caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.