• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will we see The Avengers Project at the TGAs?

• Yes

Votes: 216 76.1%
  • No

Votes: 68 23.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
The Avengers Project is a title that a lot of gamers have been looking forward to hearing more about. Well, yesterday, a user by the name of AvengersSE on Twitter discovered that Crystal Dynamics has updated their site to include The Avengers Project, with a new press release that indicated that they will be collaborating with Eidos Montreal
https://twitter.com/AvengersSE/status/1061363875961061377
https://twitter.com/AvengersSE/status/1061386644006277128
DrrNhl2UUAAax5m.jpg

Drq40OuU8AAl8Gx.jpg

Recently, two employees at Marvel Games have also teased the progress that they have been making with the project and are looking forward to sharing more of it

Square Enix said that "More details on The Avengers project and other games will be announced in 2018." The TGAs sound like a perfect place to announce those "details", plus another trailer to accompany them. I wonder what Geoff Keighley has to say about this?

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
I dont think that's new, according to Wayback machine the website looked just like that back in June

that press release is the same we got when the game was first announced in 2017

still think its possible to see the game at TGA though, just that this isnt pointing to that at all

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Still waiting for the MGU that needs to happen. Shame it didn't start with Spider-man.

OP
OP
DMVfan123

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I dont think that's new, according to Wayback machine the website looked just like that back in June

that press release is the same we got when the game was first announced in 2017

still think its possible to see the game at TGA though, just that this isnt pointing to that at all
Looking more in-depth, yeah, it does seem that Eidos Montreal was announced to be collaborating on The Avengers Project in the initial press release in 2017
The teases from the two Marvel Games employees are new though, plus Square Enix said "more details in 2018" and they're rapidly running out of opportunities to announce these aforementioned "details"

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I mean, Square Enix said 2018, so I'd be concerned if it wasn't at The Game Awards.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
I'm about 90% sure this is just going to be a lootbox fueled grindfest but I sincerely hope I'm wrong. I'm dying for a solid open world game where I can play as Iron Man. Hopefully it will be the kind of game you can also play on your own.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Wasn't expecting this to be shown at least till E3 next year. Only expecting a CGI trailer though.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
I'm about 90% sure this is just going to be a lootbox fueled grindfest but I sincerely hope I'm wrong. I'm dying for a solid open world game where I can play as Iron Man. Hopefully it will be the kind of game you can also play on your own.

I think of some sort of "hero shooter", strongly mp oriented.
It will have a coop campaign, great graphics and will sell gangbusters if it's good because marvel

Oct 26, 2017
What do we know about the project so far? Destiny like where you can go solo or with a group? Surely not a SP only game like Spidey? Although I'd loooooove that.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
I think of some sort of "hero shooter", strongly mp oriented.
It will have a coop campaign, great graphics and will sell gangbusters if it's good because marvel

I don't think it's going to be a shooter, the market is full of those multiplayer-shooters-you-will-p(l)ay-for-years-to-come already and it wouldn't work well with most of the MCU characters. They know everyone wants to play the avengers, so I don't think they'd be stupid enough to make you play custom SHIELD agent #387492 ; therefore I'm curious to see how they will make an open ended multiplayer game work, where you can play one of only a handful of well-known and well defined heroes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DMVfan123

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I don't think it's going to be a shooter, the market is full of those multiplayer-shooters-you-will-p(l)ay-for-years-to-come already and it wouldn't work well with most of the MCU characters. They know everyone wants to play the avengers, so I don't think they'be stupid enough to make you play custom SHIELD agent #387492 ; therefore I'm curious to see how they will make an open ended multiplayer game work, where you can play one of only a handful of well-known and well defined heroes.
Maybe you don't play as custom SHIELD agent #387492 in the campaign, but maybe there's a Battlefront-like SHIELD vs. Skrulls/Chitauri multiplayer mode where players are randomly selected to play as Marvel heroes like Iron Man or Thor or villians like Loki or Thanos

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
I don't think it's going to be a shooter, the market is full of those multiplayer-shooters-you-will-p(l)ay-for-years-to-come already and it wouldn't work well with most of the MCU characters. They know everyone wants to play the avengers, so I don't think they'be stupid enough to make you play custom SHIELD agent #387492 ; therefore I'm curious to see how they will make an open ended multiplayer game work, where you can play one of only a handful of well-known and well defined heroes.

An overwatch like with Iron man, thor, hulk and co as playable character could work imo.
I agree nobody would be interested to play agent #12688

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe you don't play as custom SHIELD agent #387492 in the campaign, but maybe there's a Battlefront-like SHIELD vs. Skrulls/Chitauri multiplayer mode where players are randomly selected to play as Marvel heroes like Iron Man or Thor or villians like Loki or Thanos

I would have zero interest in playing something like that... But you might very well be right.

Playsage

Oct 25, 2017
If Geoff doesn't bless the thread, you won't get anything

If he does, you'll get a Batman game

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, I'm not suggesting that it would be the only mode: Battlefront also has a Heroes vs. Villians mode, and I'm sure that this game would have that same sort of thing as well

Still, I'm wishing (not realistically hoping) some form of open world character action game, I never play multiplayer arena shooter. Anthem seems to be at the limit of what I'm willing to consider playing. I love Star Wars but have no intention of ever playing BF.

Oct 26, 2017
Have first trailers/teases of SE published games ever shown gameplay? I believe they all start with CGI trailers don't they?

Joeyro

Oct 28, 2017
Avengers will probably be a Destiny like, that would be a huge push for the marvel gaming universe.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Avengers will give any nods to IW or A4. Considering A4 will be out early may next year I don't see why not.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
It would be a very, very silly idea to do no promotion on this game in the year between Infinity War/A4, even if it's still a ways off.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
Hype but to be honest we are moving on from the original Avengers Lineup now in the Movies, so if they stick with that lineup I hope you can swap in newer Characters