• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
ugh man I really hope this isn't a "play as the Avengers' new best friend" situation

I want to be Captain America, not get quests from Captain America

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I was thinking of adding this to the OP, but is there an actual link to this rumor?

Sounds really plausible to me, tbh.
In case you're curious, this was the rumor.
You're correct. I'd never intentionally lie to any of you guys. Obviously, things are subject to change throughout development, but I can confidently state the following details.
  • Kamala Khan will 100% be a central protagonist in Avengers Project. The Avengers have been disbanded for a while (due to a "catastrophic" event) and she will play an integral role in reassembling the team.
  • Heavy story focus throughout (drawing moreso from comics vs MCU)
  • Can be played entirely SOLO with you controlling 1 character and AI taking over the remaining 1-3. Up to 4 player co-op with friends (this # hasn't changed last I heard).
  • Crashed Helicarrier will serve as your main hub.
  • Kingdom Hearts-like world/level design. Think multiple large worlds/levels vs 1 huge open world map. The levels are large enough to accomodate flight based characters.
  • There's definitely no "loot" like you'd find in your typical looter shooter (common - legendary drops). Everything is mostly powers based, hence the character skill trees. For example, you won't be finding Iron Man thrusters of different rarities throughout the map.
  • Unless it's changed, Ms. Marvel, Iron Man and Hulk will make up the team build early on in the game (story reason).
There are 1 or 2 spoilery story details that I'm keeping for myself (wouldn't want to ruin it for you guys), but that's the majority of it.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Thank god that S.H.I.E.L.D. rumor was fake (even though it was hard to believe regardless).

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
If this game has actual playable heroes that already exist and is halfway decent, it's going to straight up print money.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Personally it sounds shit, especially after Insomniac's Spider-Man. Will wait for a trailer before final judgement.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Sounds a lot like Marvel's "Borderlands"...and I'm here for it. Hopefully it's not just 4 heroes, but we can choose from more and play up-to 4 players in co-op.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is how it sounds to me. A more expensive Marvel Ultimate Alliance game but with a smaller, blander roster.
Exactly what I meant with my comment. Four people can play as various heroes as it sounds like except the roster will likely be small. When this was announced I hoped we would get a great story like Spider-Man PS4 but I have doubts that's what we're getting.

Jasper

Mar 21, 2018
Netherlands
Definitely sounds like Anthem. I mean, maybe this is the game that gets the balance between cooperative play and storytelling right (like Borderlands kinda did, actually), but I doubt it.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Exactly what I meant with my comment. Four people can play as various heroes as it sounds like except the roster will likely be small. When this was announced I hoped we would get a great story like Spider-Man PS4 but I have doubts that's what we're getting.

Yeah. Nothing gets me less hyped than forced AAA multiplayer. The blandest shit imaginable.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Black Panther just told me to collect ten adamantium ores but the area is being farmed by some end game users grinding for the Thanos raid. Fuck.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
My concern here is that, with this formula, it might feel more like the Avengers are seeking out things to do, rather than threats coming to them.

I'm sure we'll have Fury as the quest giver, with different quest lines being where the cinematic storylines are presented with some replayability built in. I just wonder how they can keep the content line flowing w/out feeling like they're retreading old territory or constantly reviving threats to fight against. Also Strange sure as shit better be in this.

Oct 25, 2017
It literally says cinematic singleplayer as well did I read that in my head or something. Do we panic first now or something

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
Please don't be a Destiny-like.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they are working on Legacy of Kain...

Umm, Marvel, yeah, sounds interesting. Might one of those I play for the story and move on.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Black Panther just told me to collect ten adamantium ores but the area is being farmed by some end game users grinding for the Thanos raid. Fuck.
giphy.gif

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Twitch: "Continuous Single-Player with cinematic storytelling"
ERA: "LITERALLY DESTINY"

Alright then

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Please fill the void that Marvel Heroes left behind. 40+ characters over time, a way to unlock new characters by playing, rpg mechanics allowing different builds for each hero, pet class heroes like Emma Frost and Rocket Raccoon.

About the "literally Destiny" thing I saw a few posts above mine. As long as characters don't all have third person shooter aspects I'd be fine with it. I want some brawling, and super powers not just guns and sometimes, rarely super powers/melee.