• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
So the E3 Coliseum site updated the schedule with Marvel's Avengers a few hours ago. What's interesting about this is that it gives us some more information on what to expect the game to be. It's been removed now as I assume Square really didn't want these details coming out before the official unveiling but I have a cap of the detailed description they provided previously.

mOPJmSO.png

"Embrace your powers and join key members of the development team at Crystal Dynamics and the creative team at Marvel Games as they talk exclusively about the upcoming Marvel's Avengers. This is the defining Avengers gaming experience: an epic action-adventure that combines cinematic storytelling with continuous single-player and co-operative gameplay. Moderated by Andrea Rene, assemble in teams up to four players, master extraordinary abilities, customize your heroes to fit your playstyle, and combine powers to defend an ever-expanding world under constant threat.

So

• Third-Person (we already knew this from job listings)
  • Cinematic Storytelling
  • Epic Action-Adventure
  • Co-Op
  • Continuous single-player with ever-expanding world (GaaS? Probably. This has been rumoured for a while now so it wouldn't surprise me)
  • Customizable Heroes (originally people thought we'd be playing as a SHIELD Agent especially with job listings talking about 'cover-based' gameplay but maybe the game allows you to play as both Avengers and SHIELD Agents? Dunno, just a bit of speculation on my end)

Last edited:

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
This sounds promising. Like Destiny/Borderlands + Avengers. I like it. I just hope that the single-player isn't hurt by the multiplayer component.

Oct 25, 2017
With insiders saying it's also a GAAS title, it sounds a lot like Destiny or Anthem?
A bit worrying but I've been wanting a big budget super hero game since the MCU started getting really good but we stopped getting licensed games on consoles

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
That sounds exciting. Seems like the heroes are playable, so the speculation that you play as generic SHIELD agents isn't true.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Do we actually get to play as the Avengers tho?
Or is it more like a "create your own hero" kinda thing...?
I don't want the Avengers to be NPCs...

Cheezeman3000

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2018
Awesome, this is exactly what I'd hope for. A team-based action-adventure game with cinematic storytelling. Sounds perfect.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why is 'Moderated by Andrea Rene' thrown in there like that? Odd choice.
Also, stop hiring her to moderate your shit, game publishers. I'll skip.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
sounds like a 60 minute talk and at the very end a 30 second gameplay trailer.

Oct 27, 2017
Customization? So kinda like Borderlands where you have set heroes but you can spec into different playstyles and customize your appearance to make it your version.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just let me play as Cap and do trick throws with the shield. I need those big reverberating hits when I smash someone with it too.

Toriko

Dec 29, 2017
Live service bullshit... no please. Play your version of Iron-Man ugh..

Yeah... thankfully Sony is doing single player story driven stuff for Spiderman.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
Fingers and toes crossed that this is a AAAAAAA multiplayer thing. Otherwise, not fucking interested.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sounds good to me, gonna be interesting to see what roster we'll get. Or if we get to create our own avengers.

VHS

Alt account
Banned
May 8, 2019
I'm hesitant with the description it sounds... odd. But definitely reserving judgment until we see something here in a couple weeks.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
The Shield Agent rumor is dead, fuck yeah.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I think there will be a lot of disappointment if you don't actually play as The avengers. But I can't imagine that actually being the case.

KenobiLTS

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
I really want a Heroes VS Villains type game mode for this (Like Battlefront 2). Imagine fighting Thor as Iron Man.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Some people here are saying it's gonna be Destiny-like, but is there anything confirming that it'll always online?

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Really worried about the multiplayer GaaS stuff hurting the single player experience.

We'll def wait for reviews and impressions before getting excited about this.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
There was also the rumor about the game being centered around Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan) reassembling the Avengers. It was discussed a lot in the previous Avengers thread.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
crossposting from the other thread: I'm really curious (and more then a bit wary) of how exactly the single-player-friendly story-driven aspects of the game will be balanced with the inherent nature of GaaS, which doesn't exactly lend itself to cinematic stories with definite endings, or bespoke handcrafted level/mission design, for that matter. Guess we'll have a better idea soon enough.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
There was also the rumor about the game being centered around Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan) reassembling the Avengers. It was discussed a lot in the previous Avengers thread.
I was thinking of adding this to the OP, but is there an actual link to this rumor?

Sounds really plausible to me, tbh.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Excited for the game reveal but will unfortunately have to skip since they went with Andrea Rene. :/

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I figure you'll basically pick a hero from a selection of like 6-8 and it'll lock that character out for other players, kinda like Overwatch and similar games that have set characters. Means you'll have to have multiple mains but that's better than having a generic character or having like 4 Iron Men flying around

And I'm fine with the evolving world stuff if it means more heroes are added over time. Imagine Spider-Man won't be in the launch roster, for example.