• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is there even a The Bachelor Era?

I'm just now dipping a toe into all of this and apparently there is no just starting a season of the Bachelor, this is like a Bachelor Cinematic Universe where all Bachelors and Bachelorettes are interwoven more than any Marvel movie could hope to be.

OP
OP
Lump

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, this is all over Twitter for real.

The tragic backstory of the stolen reality show champagne:

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
We've had Bachelor threads in the past but they tend to die out during Bachelorette seasons. Good crop of contestants this year.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I'm upset at myself that I took time to try and understand wtf is going on in that video.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the fascination with scripted reality shows continues...

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
I watched a woman try to drink straight from a champagne bottle and get sprayed in the face. Then she started crying and getting angry at everyone else. What even is this show.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I watched a woman try to drink straight from a champagne bottle and get sprayed in the face. Then she started crying and getting angry at everyone else. What even is this show.
Did the girl secretly shake the champagne and predicted that the other girl will try to drink from bottle and get sprayed

Is she fucking light yagami

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
This is.... Why do I care? Or why should I care?

I must be dumb but that video was just reality schlock.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Listen, Kelsey had every right to be upset. But she did not, and I repeat, she did NOT have any right to go after Hannah Ann in the manner that she did. There are consequences for acting like that, and I assure you, those consequences are coming. Her bullying will not be tolerated, champagne cuckoldry or no. And Victoria needs to distance herself from Kelsey. A girl as beautiful as her doesn't need Kelsey around as a shoulder to cry on when she is upset. She needs to find her confidence and realize she has what it takes to win Peter's heart. We can only hope he is able to see it.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I watched the video in the OP, and read the tweets, and I still don't know what's going on? Is the blonde girl blaming the other girl for the thing exploding in her face? How did that even happen after the bottle was opened already? Some kind of reaction when the bubbles hit her lip, like the Mentos thing?

SatoAilDarko

Oct 25, 2017
Man I miss The Soup. I would never watch this trash but would enjoy short clips presented with some context to properly laugh at. Wish the Netflix thing had worked out.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually trying to understand exactly what happened in the beginning of the video. The champagne was open to air, but then it suddenly burst up after she took a sip? What caused this? If it's a reality show plant thing, it was very well done.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually trying to understand exactly what happened in the beginning of the video. The champagne was open to air, but then it suddenly burst up after she took a sip? What caused this? If it's a reality show plant thing, it was very well done.
Swig then quick flip back down will do it. Happens with beer bottles too. Champagne is even more carbonated.

OP
OP
Lump

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Swig then quick flip back down will do it. Happens with beer bottles too. Champagne is even more carbonated.

If anyone set her up, it was Peter. The rabbit hole goes deep on getting to the truth of this reality show champagne scandal.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Couldn't watch last night as we were watching the National Championship but my wife and I will check it out tonight. This season seems like it's gonna be fucking great in a hilarious way.

Koo

Dec 10, 2017
I don't watch this show, but my mom was telling me about this earlier so it must be a HUGE thing. I'm not trying to be disrespectful as I literally do not know anyone's names; but let me try to summarize what's happened.

Girl A saves a bottle of champagne for a whole year (omg!) for a special occasion, which I guess this somehow qualifies. Brings it out and sets it down some place. Girl B and Bachelor on a private date come across it and are like - wooo thanks producers, let's get lit!

Girl A walks in on them and is distraught. Bachelor (I guess) tries to make it right by getting a second bottle and some private time with Girl A so they can share it. Girl A's like 'I ain't no classy bitch!' and tries to shotgun the champagne and it ends up doing what champagne does when you jostle it, and it it explodes on her face.

Girl A somehow also blames Girl B for this, I guess because she 'stole' the first bottle and I guess Girl A would have been a more 'classy bitch' with her own champagne?

---------------------------
My thoughts: This has got to be staged. Like who is saving champagne for a whole year and somehow thinks it's some special big deal? How the hell, or why the hell did she go to the trouble to fly that shit out there? Store it with her stuff, make sure it was ready for this specific night, etc. If she's just that much of a champagne connoisseur why did she try to shotgun it?

If this is not a set up I would just eliminate her for trying to be a self important poser. If you care about a bottle of champagne that much you're not going to disrespect it, nor would you be surprised that upending the bottle and trying to drink it in such a manner would end up like that.

Ploppee

Nov 28, 2018

any champagne will do that if you swig from the bottle after its just been opened. happened to me a couple of NYE's ago and it shot straight up my nose. shit stang like a bitch.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I don't watch this show, but my mom was telling me about this earlier so it must be a HUGE thing. I'm not trying to be disrespectful as I literally do not know anyone's names; but let me try to summarize what's happened.

Girl A saves a bottle of champagne for a whole year (omg!) for a special occasion, which I guess this somehow qualifies. Brings it out and sets it down some place. Girl B and Bachelor on a private date come across it and are like - wooo thanks producers, let's get lit!

Girl A walks in on them and is distraught. Bachelor (I guess) tries to make it right by getting a second bottle and some private time with Girl A so they can share it. Girl A's like 'I ain't no classy bitch!' and tries to shotgun the champagne and it ends up doing what champagne does when you jostle it, and it it explodes on her face.

Girl A somehow also blames Girl B for this, I guess because she 'stole' the first bottle and I guess Girl A would have been a more 'classy bitch' with her own champagne?

My thoughts: This has got to be staged. Like who is saving champagne for a whole year and somehow thinks it's some special big deal? How the hell, or why the hell did she go to the trouble to fly that shit out there? Store it with her stuff, make sure it was ready for this specific night, etc. If she's just that much of a champagne connoisseur why did she try to shotgun it?

If this is not a set up I would just eliminate her for trying to be a self important poser. If you care about a bottle of champagne that much you're not going to disrespect it, nor would you be surprised that upending the bottle and trying to drink it in such a manner would end up like that.
Thank you this. I wasn't getting the link between the first and second video at all.

Are all seasons of The Bachelor like this? If so, this is the kinda garbage/silliness I can see myself getting hooked on lol

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017

Finally i understand what's going on

And now i know why i don't watch this stuff

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Paul going to the dog house to calm down is some of the best TV ever!
Paul is a wonder, the man was literally bad at shoveling shit. Not a figure of speech, he worked at a horse farm cleaning stables and the guy said if Paul hadn't quit he was going to fire him because he sucked

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
This was legitimately good TV, got me to look up from watching the title game on my laptop.

I think my favorite part is when she says she brought the bottle from home. Her home? The champagne capital of the world - Des Moines, Iowa.

Also she got absolutely destroyed by that sip.

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
User Warned: Inappropriate joke
The girls this year are hot as fuuuuck

latest

and yet they still are in the crazy side of the line....

Cels

Oct 26, 2017

thoughts:
Girl A probably bought this champagne from a grocery store. Why does she care so much? "I brought this from Des Moines!" Good for you.
Producers set up Girl B to open the Girl A's champagne. It was a powder keg waiting to ignite.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who sits on the sofa playing Switch games while my wife religiously watches this show (and therefore I tangentially know the people as well), this controversy was the biggest "It's Nothing" moment I remember on the show. Like...uh...it's either simple misunderstanding or the producers set up the fight/moment . Either way "champagne-stealer" did nothing wrong and the blonde went waaaaay overboard. My only guess is that it was included because these 2 will be at each others throats for a few weeks and the show wanted to start setting that up.

OP
OP
Lump

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This was legitimately good TV, got me to look up from watching the title game on my laptop.

I think my favorite part is when she says she brought the bottle from home. Her home? The champagne capital of the world - Des Moines, Iowa.

Also she got absolutely destroyed by that sip.

Producers should get a grammy for best orchestration