• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
is a little jarring coming straight of an MCU movie that was an all-time blockbuster (when it comes to photo realism, those actors are pretty much cap, thor, stark ect)... but not really seeing the fuss here, models are about perfectly what i would expect from an AAA Avengers game in 2019.

i was more surprised by how underwhelming the game seemed overall, but there wasn't enough shown i guess. and i doubt i'll care to play it either way, not really my thing so i'm not the best arbiter

LuckyLinus

Jun 1, 2018
Wish it was Chris Evans face on cap.

Spiderman created a really cool Peter Parker though, without going all out comic book style so for sure its not the realism thats the problem here.

VHS

Alt account
Banned
May 8, 2019
I think he's spot on.
How does it look rough and outdated in terms of visuals, animations gameplay and UI?
Especially in comparison the SE Avengers game where Thor looks like a PS3 Skyrim character.

2uj1thd.png
9WW74RZ.png

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
This freakout over the non actor faces in Avengers is just crazy.
If you step back and just look at it it's a very nice looking game. Yes it's not the same or even similar faces as the actors but they still look extremely realistic.
"Gamers" freaking out over such a small thing like this feels like they're just working themselves into a frenzy and ruining the game for themselves.
It's such a nitpicky thing I just shake my head.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
i think UA3 looks fine for the most part with or without SE Avengers looking like it does.

Really have to wonder though how the Avengers game could end up looking like this. Especially Thor and Black Widow are just awful

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I'm actually fine with their looks.

Yeah not exactly MCU counterpart, but they're OK in my opinion.

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
This looks dreadful. Its like they have no reference for what these characters actually look like despite a wealth of movies and over half a century of comics

Freakzilla

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The Avengers game looked miles better despite not showing any gameplay. However, neither game looks like it could be any fun.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thor looks the worst to me and that's partly due to just HATING that Thor Design across the board.
The Long Hair and Beard combo just never looks good on realistic Thor outside very specific instances for whatever reason.

Admit it - it works on Hemsworth and any realistic take on Thor that isn't Hemsworth just isn't as good so you don't want any of it.

😎

RobbRivers

Jan 3, 2018
Avenger game looks good! The only thing are actor faces and music that has not got the original mcu vibes...

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
when I saw the characters faces I got so angry I threw all my video games out of the window and set fire to my flat! Some might say that was an overreaction but I'm entitled to get angry if I like. They just should look exactly like they do in the films. That's what I wanted. Fuck the developer for wanting to have the own take on the ip or if the actors from the movie did want to spend weeks in mocap and recording dialogue! It what I wanted!
No one in here wants them to look like the people in the films. They just look like shit and people dont want that.

What a weird post.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Avengers game looked miles better despite not showing any gameplay. However, neither game looks like it could be any fun.

How can a game with no gameplay look "miles better" than a game with gameplay? Arcade beat 'em ups might not be your thing and that's fine, but a fancy prerendered trailer shows us jack about the game besides the fact they really wanted the MCU cast but couldn't get them.

Buzz

Oct 28, 2017
There is not a single shot of characters without their capes and masks in MUA3. I am not sure how you can compare anything like that. Yea, the faces on the Avengers game look very generic but calling it like a PS3 game is major over reaction. And don't post compressed youtube screenshots to prove a point.

Freakzilla

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
How can a game with no gameplay look "miles better" than a game with gameplay? Arcade beat 'em ups might not be your thing and that's fine, but a fancy prerendered trailer shows us jack about the game besides the fact they really wanted the MCU cast but couldn't get them.

Looks more cinematic. And the characters (despite a distinct lack of PoC) look like Marvel characters.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks more cinematic. And the characters (despite a distinct lack of PoC) look like Marvel characters.

How does a cinematic trailer imply the gameplay is more cinematic? Even putting that aside, Ultimate Alliance 3 literally uses the comic book designs for all those characters so how exactly do they not look like Marvel characters?

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Not really feeling either of them.

Wake me up when there's a Shang-Chi game.

Freakzilla

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
How does a cinematic trailer imply the gameplay is more cinematic? Even putting that aside, Ultimate Alliance 3 literally uses the comic book designs for all those characters so how exactly do they not look like Marvel characters?
They both do lol. One looks more like a comic while the other looks like the movies.

And I said it LOOKS more cinematic. When I think Marvel I think of the movies not the comics as do many people on this planet.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they'll be done with those designs in the Square Enix Avengers game after the intro. Like maybe Thor has a bald head for most of the game and the hair didn't get as much attention for that reason.

Banner looks fine, and mostly the same after the intro. Tony's character model looks better executed, the face just doesn't have any character to it.

Probably not though. Here's Hank Pym looking like Thug #3 from Spider-Man PS4.

JetstreamRorschach

One Winged Slayer
Dec 30, 2017
Zaragoza, Spain.
Ultimate Alliance 3 feels like a love letter to Marvel Comics fans from start to finish, tbh. If you think it looks bad with the amazingly comic accurate artstyle, the game is not for you. And that's ok, Marvel isn't just comics anymore. But the MCU being like the second most popular thing in the world doesn't mean everything Marvel should use it as a template.

Oct 28, 2017
They look like a create-a-character from a game that somebody said "hey look, i made the Avengers in..." But it looks just off enough to look silly. lol Playstation Home is a great example.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think the best thing I can say is that are people all the characters are just kind of ugly and plain. Which is fine, not all humans have to be gorgeous Hollywood actors.

But my whole thing is that these characters were clearly modeled after the MCU cast but changed so they don't resemble them entirely. Thus looking like their stunt doubles. *cue spaceballs jokes*

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still waiting to see some actual substance akin to the previous games (including X-Men Legends 2).

We've seen ZERO from the actual mechanics/rpg elements. I see no gear to equip or loot drops to speak of.

What is this game, even?

We've seen levelling up and some sort of "Hey, you just got a drop" popup in the Treehouse streams.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
after looking at it more, I think the worst offender is the costume design. cap looks like he has random pieces of armor strapped to him. black widow is just wearing a dollar store pajama suit. hank is wearing clothes from Walmart. "character creator from another game" is spot on, it looks like the costumes were all cobbled together from assets that weren't supposed to be used for super hero costumes.

the faces are pretty bad too, but that can be easily offset if what they're wearing looks good