• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got to admit, these look great. He's going to nail it isn't he?

vZaP5EG.jpg

qOwdLCa.jpg

P6qY8kI.jpg

LPQBcgp.jpg

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Oh man that armor is pure sex

Oct 26, 2017
I'm guessing the head is a stunt piece, like it has a small crash helmet built into it for these scenes on the bike? Otherwise it looks like someone's been pumping air into it like a balloon.

BoosterDuck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ugly batsuit

how is Bruce supposed to sneak around and scale walls with all that Iron Man shit on him

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
No cape, I wonder does that mean it's gonna be CGI'd on in post?

Also, it's highly likely that this scene will be colour corrected and it will actually be taking place at much darker tim in the finished film. Batman in broad daylight just looks fucking weird.

Chimpzy

Dec 5, 2018
Those goggles in the cowl imo give it a bit of an Owlman-ish look. Or maybe more Nite Owl II.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Movie could still be great, but I hate the suit. I hated all the previous ones as well though...

At least it has a little touch of colour with those yellow straps on the arms and legs.

Oct 25, 2017
Those goggles in the cowl imo give it a bit of an Owlman-ish look. Or maybe more Nite Owl II.

I think it's a very safe bet that those goggles don't make it into the final suit. They're almost certainly just there to help protect the stuntman's vision while driving down the set's hilly terrain in rain. Notice the dots on his exposed chin? They're almost certainly going to CGI Pattinson's face into the shot and digitally remove the goggles then.

I dig the suit overall personally. Has a bit of a Mad Max vibe about it, but it also has a lot of elements and influences from a ton of previous Batman incarnations (Gotham by Gaslight, the Arkham games, Earth One, Zero Year, Lee Bermejo's Batman in Batman: Noel). But we need a better look with Pattinson in the suit IMO.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
That suit is total shit but i'm excited for the movie

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
I like how the suit looks like something you'd put together rather than have custom built by a 100 person R&D department on NDA. The cowl is ugly though.

Oct 25, 2017
What's that crap covering the eyes?
Looks a bit too tacticool for my taste.

I still love Pattinson though.

Mentioned it above, but I'll go ahead and repeat myself- Pretty sure those are just goggles that the stuntman is wearing in order to be able to safely drive the Batcycle down the hilly cemetery roads for the sequence while it's raining. Those lenses weren't there in Pattinson's reveal video and you could visibly see his eyelashes in that, so I'd wager on the lenses being digitally removed in post-production.

I like how the suit looks like something you'd put together rather than have custom built by a 100 person R&D department on NDA. The cowl is ugly though.

Yeah, as I said in a couple of other threads, I get the feeling that this Bruce deliberately opted to buy the various pieces to make this costume himself and went far cheaper rather than using his company in order to throw the cops off his tracks.

Oct 28, 2017
If the stunt guy wore a cape in that suit on that bike, he'd be whipped off and sent flying all the way into the Clyde. We've had really strong winds and incredibly heavy rain for the past 2 or 3 weeks here in Glasgow.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
The really thin ears on the cowl and the forearms are the only parts of the suit I don't like. It looks very early Batman so they may have an idea for this 'final suit' look in their heads and this is stage 1 of that... it'l evolve over time.

orava

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 10, 2019
That hollywood fitness workout routine really works for Robert Pattinson.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, most likely not there for safety reasons.

Same with the goggles that he's wearing. Those will almost definitely be removed digitally IMO.

The really thin ears on the cowl and the forearms are the only parts of the suit I don't like. It looks very early Batman so they may have an idea for this 'final suit' look in their heads and this is stage 1 of that... it'l evolve over time.

Makes sense, as this film apparently takes place in Bruce's second year as Batman. Though I highly doubt that the suit will ever morph into something purely comic looking like the main BvS Batfleck suit.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I doubt that too, it'l be an evolution of this suit rather than something totally different (eg. Amazing Spider-Man 1 & 2).

Yep. Honestly I dig the overall look and feel of this suit, so I'm personally A-Okay with Reeves sticking this general aesthetic for the Batsuit over the course of the new trilogy.

To me, it's far more important to capture the look and feel of Gotham City than it is to make a totally comic accurate fabric-based Batsuit. And on that front, putting aside all of the conflicting opinions on the suit so far, I think most people would agree that the sets for this film that we've seen so far look appropriately gothic and stylized compared to what we've had on the big screen in the past decade or so.

Fuchs

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone knows that the stunt suits always look exactly like they will on film:

stuntman-ridign-bat-pod.jpg

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Getting an Arkham Origins vibe from the suit seems to be all put together piecemeal rather than made specifically for him.