• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Eeeh. Obviously it sounds good, but it also sounds typical of what you'd expect from a Batman score. I wish they'd think outside the box for a change. Maybe do a dark synthwave soundtrack instead.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like it's a couple of notes away from jumping headfirst into the imperial march.

So it's the imperial march.

I hear that Giacchino is restraining himself from lifting more from The Imperial March haha

It is both reminiscent of previous Batman themes and the Imperial March. I hope there is enough to make it sound distinct. I can't get on board with anyone saying it's already the best Batman theme.

Eeeh. Obviously it sounds good, but it also sounds typical of what you'd expect from a Batman score. I wish they'd think outside the box for a change. Maybe do a dark synthwave soundtrack instead.

That's what they already did for the Nolan movies, the Arkham games, and the Snyderverse. It's time to go back to iconic Batman music.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
When I wrote synthwave, I'm talking Perturbator, Carpenter Brut, etc.

Perturbator could probably be a good fit for Batman Forever, but it's probably not what people would expect for Batman tone-wise. Synthwave is a sound associated from a period that was never associated with Batman (or at the very least, the Batman from that period was associated with very different music from that era).

It would certainly be a unique approach to Batman, but it may not fit the tone this Batman movie is going for.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Perturbator could probably be a good fit for Batman Forever, but it's probably not what people would expect for Batman tone-wise. Synthwave is a sound associated from a period that was never associated with Batman (or at the very least, the Batman from that period was associated with very different music from that era).

It would certainly be a unique approach to Batman, but it may not fit the tone this Batman movie is going for.
The soundtrack for the Dark Knight Returns adaptation leaned way more into a John Carpenter direction and it worked extremely fucking well

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like the theme, and I think this arrangement is very cool, sounds epic but there's some heavy recency bias in this thread. Batman has no shortage of great themes.