• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The game starts with the enemy crashing a castle and the only moment it literally shows your characters crashing something is a wedding in a church, not a castle. Every time you are about to crash a castle it cuts to you already inside said castle.

Castle Crashers is a very catchy and memorable name though! It's perfect.

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
Did the Behemoth release anything after Battleblock theater?

Anyway, Castle Crashers its an amazing game, i highly recommend it if you like beat em'ups...Tho i'm still expecting that Dragon's Crown port for PC and Switch!

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I hope eventually this comes to the PS4. I've been wanting to play it since the 360 days.
I'll probably pick it up on the Switch, though.

Merton

Oct 25, 2017
REALLLLLLLLY hope its a sequel and not a port. I'll take a port, but new Castle Crashers would be awesome.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
I've tried returning to CC in the past, but it just feels clunky in its controls. Hard to play nowadays.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
I enjoyed castle crashers a lot but i've kind of been there done that, you know? Hopefully its a sequel.

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
As much as I would prefer a sequel, I'll easily double dip to play this on the go. Game is fucking ace.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
I have no idea how FMF (great as it is) came up, it's not really the same style of game as Castle Crashers.

I think I'll pass - I already own Castle Crashers on 360, the Xbox One, and PC. Now, if they go and decide to make a sequel next I'm all in - I don't know if they've announced yet what they're working on post Pit People.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Would be a great addition, just make sure some crossplay is in there as well.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Hey, Behemoth, bring back Alien Hominid too. One of the best run and gun games I've played in PS2 generation (maybe the only one?).

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I'd prefer a sequel instead. CC is really only good on the first run, then it becomes a huge grindfest when you try to play it on a higher difficulty.

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
i hope it's a new Castle Crashers.

i'm kinda done buying ports of games i've already played. i'm too busy.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I wish they weren't so devoted to doing something entirely new with each game and just go ahead and make Castle Crashers 2. Like I get it but man that game was too fucking good to be a one off.

Oct 25, 2017
Do it Behemoth! I want to play Castle Crashers again, put it on Switch.
Also do the same with your whole library. Alien Hominid, Battleblock Theater, Pit People

WieDerrickWie

Jul 4, 2018
Yes, it is SO MUCH BETTER it is not even close.
In every sense. Better writing, better stages, better secrets, better character progression, better coop.
Ah yes, the amazing writing in Castle Crashers. The part where the owl shit itself and fell over was a good intro to the scenes to come. The Oscar winning part where a big bear would peak behind a tree only to shit itself when something far bigger roars. Or the part where one of the players would ride a deer that was projectile shitting which propelled it forward like a jetpack.
All amazing moments the writing specifically called for.

Every Behemoth game should be brought to Switch, they are all perfect for it.

5pectre

Nov 16, 2017
I can't believe that Castle Crashers is over 10 years old already!!...

Game is so good.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
How come everything you seem to post is against Castle Crashers in a castle Crashers topic? What's your agenda?

I am just answering people that say stupid things like "but full metal furies is a bad name". It makes more sense than the name "Castle Crashers" =P

I have said that I played the game 4 times. I would love a sequel. And I said the original 10 year old "first indie game most people played because of summer of arcade" have not aged well in a world of beat em ups. The switch has a huge competition of amazing beat em ups, from Full Metal Furies to Battle Circuit to Streets of Red. Castle Crashers deserves more on the switch. It deserves a sequel. One without a huge grindfest, that makes death more forgiving, one that have more diversity of classes. Every one of the huge character roster will end being the same besides the poison dude and the king that heals.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I am just answering people that say stupid things like "but full metal furies is a bad name". It makes more sense than the name "Castle Crashers" =P

I have said that I played the game 4 times. I would love a sequel. And I said the original 10 year old "first indie game most people played because of summer of arcade" have not aged well in a world of beat em ups. The switch has a huge competition of amazing beat em ups, from Full Metal Furies to Battle Circuit to Streets of Red. Castle Crashers deserves more on the switch. It deserves a sequel. One without a huge grindfest, that makes death more forgiving, one that have more diversity of classes. Every one of the huge character roster will end being the same besides the poison dude and the king that heals.
Fair enough. Since Behemoth has never made a direct sequel to anything , I'm guessing like most folks that this'll just be a port. But who knows whats in store for the future!

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game is like Bastion. On every damn console and toaster imaginable. I enjoyed it a first and second time but I just can't triple dip again.

Maybe this will lead to CC2 but more likely a port to PS5.

Edit: Jesus, PS4 too?

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Fucking hell this actually made me gasp in sheer excitement

PLEASE

By the way guys who on Earth is to say that it isn't Castle Crashers 2 with Switch as a priority/launch platform?

Diego Renault

Nov 1, 2017
dgU18xk.gif

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Aww shit, PS4 release is in the mix too!

Ok but can we talk about those Joy-con colours. So nice! I want that light blue and orange. Fuck i want all of them despite the fact that i own the existing green/red/blue variants already.

Yeah they're really nice. I wish Nintendo and Sony would do what Microsoft does with their Xbox controller color lab thing.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Fuck I miss this game. I hope it comes with the Purple and Pink Knight DLCs.

RandomTiger

Oct 26, 2017
I was googling for this and wishing for it to happen at the weekend! Instant buy. More content would be nice though. CC2 is too much to hope for though.
Hopefully they bring their other games too.

Fuck I miss this game. I hope it comes with the Purple and Pink Knight DLCs.

Looks like it will, they posted purple and pink joycons too.