nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
with how expensive cars are i thought some would appreciate this video. these cars do lean more towards enthusiast tier cars but it was interesting. if you wanna be a budget baller theres a porsche suv on here

Ford Mustang
Cadillac Escalade
Mazda Miata
BMW 128i
Civic Si
Porsche Cayenne
Ford F150
Volvo V70R
[Import] Nissan Cedric

i personally would add the scion frs since its pretty close to the 10k mark for a fun car

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh4Uvf01KWk

Last edited:

hanshen

Jun 24, 2018
Chicago, IL
frs and nc miatas are great budget fun cars. I'd be cautious with early frs though, the subaru engine has issues early in the production and these cars most likely got driven hard.
Also stay tf away from cayenne if you're on a budget. No thing more expensive than a cheap luxury car.

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
The 128i is terrific, but most of the ones I see on FB Marketplace are really rough. The drivetrain is solid but even if you wrench it yourself OEM parts really add up to fix up cosmetic, interior, and suspension issues. You can go non-OEM and Rock Auto it up but man I would hate doing that to a BMW. Leave that for the Nissan Altimas.

It's not an enthusiast car but a Lexus ES w/ 110k or so miles is probably about 10k and once sorted (any car for 10k is going to have some issues) would be a great commuter and family car.

If you have access to charging infrastructure, don't drive a lot of miles, and don't have a high income, some of the lower-range early EVs are super cheap after the used EV tax credit. A beater Leaf can be had for a way under 10k (private party sell via keysavvy to qualify) or something like an eGolf.

Oct 27, 2017
please consider maintenance and insurance first though. so many friends balling in mercedes and bmw only to be driving an elantra within a year