• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
LinktothePastGOAT

LinktothePastGOAT

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It used to be this steak I had a Del Friscos in Orlando. Now it's my mom's spaghetti. She passed in June and before that she'd always make it when we would come back from trips. It reminds me of coming home. She made it from scratch so it took a long time just to make it. I have the recipe but I haven't been able to make it. I'm just not ready.

I'm so sorry. My grandmother made a baked spaghetti every year for large family gatherings. It wasn't gourmet or anything but it was delicious. She passed in 2005 at the ripe age of 93 and even though other family members including myself followed her recipe it never tastes exactly like hers. What I wouldn't do to have it one more time.

Oct 25, 2017
o.jpg

Kang Ho-Dong Baekjong in LA.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
I'm so sorry. My grandmother made a baked spaghetti every year for large family gatherings. It wasn't gourmet or anything but it was delicious. She passed in 2005 at the ripe age of 93 and even though other family members including myself followed her recipe it never tastes exactly like hers. What I wouldn't do to have it one more time.
Thanks man. She had turned 65 not too long ago. I wish we'd had more time. And I'm with you, I'd give anything to have her make something they way she did just one more time. There's a familiarity and comfort in it that I'm never going to have again.

There are a lot of her dishes that I have the notes for but it's not the same. She made killer sloppy joes, and killer baked beans. I have the recipies for those too but I just can't bring myself to make them. I made some of these things with her at my house but I just can't do it. Maybe in the future.