• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Rather than snark, maybe take a step back and ask yourself why it's weird and why it might be problematic towards how women are treated as objects in general.

People can choose to focus on whatever they want. If the individual (them) is more important to them than the greater societal context or whatever, I don't really think it's fair to judge. There wouldn't be a market for this stuff otherwise.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
The pose on that figurine is pretty gross considering Makoto is like 16

Also Futaba >>>>> Makoto as a character for the record

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
People can choose to focus on whatever they want. If the individual (them) is more important to them than the greater societal context or whatever, I don't really think it's fair to judge. There wouldn't be a market for this stuff otherwise.

It is without question fair to judge someone for that. Are you kidding me?

If someone makes it a point to admit that they care more about having an action figure that is literally designed with the specific intent of bringing attention to the character's genital area than the impact that products like that have on how we look at women, it is fair game to judge that person.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User was warned for attacking a community
This thread reminds me of how fantastic (and deserved) it was to see figuregaf get purged. Crossing my fingers for a repeat.

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Thus the paradox of playing persona now that I'm out of my teens.

Does going after an adult romance make the adult character an ephebophile.

Or does going after a teenage romance make the player an ephebophile.

FWIW kawakami is a fucking mess and as a fucking mess myself I relate.

And that's why you should always play as self-insert, problem solved!

Oct 25, 2017
It is without question fair to judge someone for that. Are you kidding me?

If someone makes it a point to admit that they care more about having an action figure that is literally designed with the specific intent of bringing attention to the character's genital area than the impact that products like that have on how we look at women, it is fair game to judge that person.

Let me rephrase that. I don't think it's fair to come into a thread specifically about something to convince others not to like said something if they express interest in it.

And no one said they care more about it than the impact on women, that was just poor wording on my part. All they did was express their like of the product, nothing more and nothing less.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I don't care how far you move the goalposts. She's not 16 and that's what I responded at.
As I said, this line of argueing is pointless in both directions. She's fictional, someone was drawing "hot moe anime chick" and plastered an age on it that didn't make him or her uncomfortable. "She" doesn't possess an actual age.

attaching an age you're comfortable with to the character doesn't make it less awful of a portrayal
This.

Loreth_94

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Figure looks great. I am not as much as a collector as I used to be, but I would definitely pick this up if it was the right price (Which it probably never will).

Abriael

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Milano - Italy
User was banned (24h): History of aggressive posting. There are more polite and less personal ways to make an argument.
As I said, this line of argueing is pointless in both directions. She's fictional, someone was drawing "hot moe anime chick" and plastered an age on it that didn't make him or her uncomfortable. "She" doesn't possess an actual age.

Tell us more about how this "fictional hot moe anime chick" makes you feel outraged.

Also, if the character portrayed in this figure looks particularly youthful to you, I suggest a stroll around Shibuya, because it seems you have never seen an attractive Japanese lady in her early twenties.

Q_Pippin

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm far from being the target audience for sexy anime figures but watching people get so deeply butthurt over existence of something this inane almost makes me want to start defending them.
. Same

Not really into anime/figurines/persona

But people get more bent out of shape than the pose.

And where is the butt hole ?

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Tell us more about how this "fictional hot moe anime chick" makes you feel outraged.
Tell me more about how little you give a shit about how women feel when we're objectified to hell and back by crap like this, even to the point of being displayed entirely out-of-character.

Or don't, actually, 'cause holy shit you guys are a dime a dozen.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany

Also, if the character portrayed in this figure looks particularly youthful to you, I suggest a stroll around Shibuya, because it seems you have never seen an attractive Japanese lady in her early twenties.
I was going to post about your bait, the literal objectification of women and the non-existence of your arguments, since I'm just mildly disgusted by the figurine, not outraged, and I was only referring to the silly age discussion in the first place.
Then I saw the edit of your post and yeah man, not worth it, lol.

Abriael

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Milano - Italy
Tell me more about how little you give a shit about how women feel when we're objectified to hell and back by crap like this, even to the point of being displayed entirely out-of-character.
Or don't, actually, 'cause holy shit you guys are a dime a dozen.

You may want to start talking about how you feel about this because you don't represent "women" or even any demonstrable percentage, let alone a demonstrable majority. For the record, I'm quite sorry this figure makes you feel bad, even if the continuous personal attacks and aggressiveness certainly don't do much to inspire empathy.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
x3I9La8.jpg

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
8 pages OMG.

Clearly the thread backlash is due to more people being deceived by the title and expecting the news to be about a new spark in Revelations Mark's popularity

Justice for Mark.

Great, now I'm reminded again how the Persona 1 DLC for P5 didn't have anyone wearing Mark's hat, forcing me to not buy it. Justice for Mark indeed. He's the best.

LuckyChamCham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You may want to start talking about how you feel about this because you don't represent "women" or even any demonstrable percentage, let alone a demonstrable majority. For the record, I'm quite sorry this figure makes you feel bad, even if the continuous personal attacks and aggressiveness certainly don't do much to inspire empathy.
Damn son

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Why are dismissing her entire character by painting her as some "hot moe anime chick"? Her age isn't worthless either; it's there because it goes with her role in the story.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Not you, him ;)

Why are dismissing her entire character by painting her as some "hot moe anime chick"? Her age isn't worthless either; it's there because it goes with her role in the story.
Are you doing this on purpose? If not, I'm solely referring to the discussion above my post about the "age" of a fictional character. I already explained that, so please stop putting my posts into your contexts.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry but the "cartoon characters don't have ages" argument is incredibly flawed and paper thin

Makoto is a high schooler in Persona 5. This figure has her in a sexually suggestive pose. If you're okay with that then whatever, but I don't think you should be shocked or offended that people find it uncomfortable.

Being fictional does not make her not a high schooler in a sexually suggestive pose.

PaperSparrow

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
You may want to start talking about how you feel about this because you don't represent "women" or even any demonstrable percentage, let alone a demonstrable majority. For the record, I'm quite sorry this figure makes you feel bad, even if the continuous personal attacks and aggressiveness certainly don't inspire empathy.
This is a "show me an x number of women who dislike it before I take it seriously" argument. How many need to say something before you turn on the empathy switch?

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
"She" is a fictional character who's clearly depicted being a young girl. What's the point in arguing some official age description in a world of 10.000 year old loli dragon girls.

This goes to both sides of this argument, it's silly.

Where are the 10,000 year old loli dragon girls in Persona? And since people keep using this dumb 10000 loli dragon girl joke I wanna know at least three examples, no bullshit, and you can't use Nowi from Fire Emblem Awakening.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
Now I wonder how people outraged by this feel about stuff like this:

Images have been removed as violation of NSFW policy.

Because "sexual" merchandiss of animu characters (Dakimura, figmas, mouse buttbads) are a two way streets in Japan.

Last edited by a moderator:

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Right, we've clarified our NSFW policy before for FigureERA. Images like this go against our NSFW policy and will not be allowed. If people want to discuss it, do it somewhere else than on this website. This thread is permanently locked and images will be removed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.