• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bashful Trey

Oct 27, 2017
Houston TX
(I'm talking personality, baby. We could fill our party with Sephiroth & the League of Extraordinary Guest-Star Party Members but we shan't.)

It's fairly self explanatory!

Build a party of your eight best JRPG mates, and a party of eight JRPG party members you hate so much you would maroon in the Dead Sea.

Make sure you name the character AND the game they star in. Pics welcome, not mandatory.

Edit: Maybe a party of 8 is a bit much... whatever you feel like putting together is fine... And I'll add my own

Best:
1) Magilou - Tales of Berseria
2) Raven - Tales of Vesperia
3) Bowser - Super Mario RPG LotSS
4) Magus - Chrono Trigger
5) Frog - Chrono Trigger
6) Barrett Wallace - Final Fantasy 7
7) Captain Gordon - Disgaea
8) Preir - La Pucelle

Worst:
1) Pooshul - Chrono Cross
2) Eliza, because of Teepo - Tales of Xillia
3) Karol - Tales of Vesperia
4) Vanille - Final Fantasy XIII
5) Emil -Tales of Symphonia 2

Last edited:

Vivian

Oct 26, 2017
England
This is kinda tricky. A lot of my favourites are there because of their interactions with the rest of the cast, so they wouldn't be as good among a completely different set of characters.

Deleted member 4452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't need to handpick from different games when it comes to worst party. The entire cast of Star Ocean 4.

Edge Maverick. Awful awful leader who has zero leadership skills. Zero. None. The only leadership crap he's done is bark orders like 'Calnus, engage!' - which require zero leadership skills. Which is the amount that he has. Despite this, everyone around him treats him as some sort of half-deity that can do no wrong.
Wow, Edge, you just blew up a planet with your wonderful non-existent leadership skills by giving away future technology to a raving psychopath? It's not your fault, Edge! No one could have prevented. Except, like, by not giving away the freaking technology to that freaking psychopath, you stupid flaming Edge Maverick bullcrap. People keep looking up to him as though he were some great leader even when he goes all emo and moping for half the game.

Reimi is the self-conscious insecure stupidhead that can't make any decisions for herself. What's going to happen, Edge? What do we do, Edge? Oh Edge, I don't know what to do, guide me with your leadership skills.

Faize is some loser dork who looks up to Edge as though he's some super role model. Maybe he forgot the part where Edge went about
destroying the homeworld of billions of people. Also the most pathetic final villain in the history of gaming. Leaves the party, turns emo (because all his brethen are being killed, how pathetic) and becomes the finally villain, then gets the snot beaten out of him by Captain Leadership and suddenly realizes the errors of his ways. Oh Edge, I wish I was just like you, Edge!

Bacchus would normally be an awesome character. He's a cyborg that shoots giant missiles and giant laser deathrays, and has mega hand cannons that destroy everything in their paths. And yet, he ends up also being some sort of freaking social outcast.
He thought he was dead-cold because he was a robot, but found redemption because Edge brought some heat to him!!!
What?

Meracle is the worst freaking character in any game ever made. Half-naked catgirl that's also another social outcast.
I FINALLY MADE SOME FRIENDS, PROFESSOR! I FINALLY MADE SOME FRIENDS!!! The only saving point (and it's a very insignificant one) is that she wants to
kill/eat Sara, and anyone who wants to kill Sara can't be completely bad. Except Meracle - she IS completely bad and terrible and possibly the worst character in all of gaming.

Sara is that oblivious klutz with wings and an annoying voice that everyone has seen in Youtube videos. Her clumsiness makes her lovable!!11!1

Myuria is the half-naked elf girl with the personality of a rock. At least she had the sense of belittling Edge. Edge the boy! Hahahaha, more like Edge the stupid idiot
who went about destroying the homeworld of billions and billions of people

Lymle doesn't have friends and the whole game is about her learning to make some, but we already knew that. 'kay? As much as people hate Lymle, she's actually relatively harmless compared to the rest of this idiotic crew. That's how bad the rest of the crew is. Nappy time, 'kay?

Before you ask, I finished the game and overall enjoyed it for the gameplay.

OP
OP
Bashful Trey

Bashful Trey

Oct 27, 2017
Houston TX
This is kinda tricky. A lot of my favourites are there because of their interactions with the rest of the cast, so they wouldn't be as good among a completely different set of characters.

That's a fair point.

Edit: accidentally hit post without finishing my post!

I suppose I could have just asked who peoples favorites and least favorites are, that way the group synergy wouldn't be a factor...