• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
ned_ballad

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Uh, why is today's PS4 daily identical to yesterday's?
groundhog-day-bill-murrayjpg-26978fbed7794bca.jpg

Oct 28, 2017
The last 10 times I've gotten to the Chest floor, I've only gotten four red chests, not gold chests. Is this intentional, even if you never see the left hand trinket in a run?

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
- Unlock Wooden Nickel (beat Isaac).
- Don't pick up any coins, unless you need them for health, until you're about to go to the next floor.
- See here for good items to look out for.

Thanks for the tips. I'll work on getting the Wooden Nickel first, seems to be essential for Keeper.

-

I gave up on today's PS4 daily, I just cannot get on with Soy Milk. And they expect us to beat Mega Satan with it lmao

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Make sure you bomb any pots looking for the swallowed penny.
Netting a Swallowed Penny trinket in the first two basement floors in invaluable for Keeper runs.

Another trick is to milk sacrifice rooms via the extra coins you've left scattered around the floor for worthwhile angel room items after triggering them 6/7 times.
Most notably items like Holy Mantle, Sacred Heart and items that provide Flight.

The other tip is to leave Health Up items unclaimed on the floor until after you trigger a potential Devil Deal as they'll quickly get you back up to your 2-coin health allotment.

dickroach

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think, after 1134 hours logged on steam, I am finally bored with the game. So long buddy.
I'm at just over 1000. Have two or three more challenges till my second save file is 100%d.... And then I'm sure I'll start on the third one. I can't imagine ever getting bored of this game at thispoint. :(

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I'm at just over 1000. Have two or three more challenges till my second save file is 100%d.... And then I'm sure I'll start on the third one. I can't imagine ever getting bored of this game at thispoint. :(
I forced myself to stop after the first save file just so I wouldn't go crazy. As fun as it is, you miss out on so many other games while surrendering to the Isaac gods.

dickroach

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I forced myself to stop after the first save file just so I wouldn't go crazy. As fun as it is, you miss out on so many other games while surrendering to the Isaac gods.
Other games I have to DIVE into, yknow? I can just load up Isaac and play for 20-30 minutes and chill. It's like tetris.... Like I used to just play NES tetris all the god damn time the same way before I got Isaac now that I think about it.
I wish I had some sort of play counter for that. Wellllll over 1000hrs

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
I beat Mom's Heart as Keeper! \o/

Then promptly died in the Cathedral.

"Win Streak -272"

I hate this character.

OP
OP
ned_ballad

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
lol

These look not fun

Also I think those are the End is Nigh's version of a charger. They run out of a breath like that after charging back and forth very quickly.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Ah. Chargers + Gish. I do like how they have that slight delay before charging. Shouldn't be too bad as long as they don't overuse them (welp).

Eden

Nov 15, 2017
I like those but they look like they charge way too quickly, you almost have no time to react if you're close to them.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I like those but they look like they charge way too quickly, you almost have no time to react if you're close to them.
That seems to be the point of the delay.

As long as they don't put (too many of) them in a crazy layout, it shouldn't be too bad. But I won't be surprised by Nicalis's incompetence at this point.

Ambitious

Oct 26, 2017
I wish there was a way to transfer savegames between platforms. I've played dozens of hours on my Vita, but at some point I'm gonna get a Switch. I'm gonna buy BoI too so I can finally play Afterbirth, but I don't really want to have to unlock all those items and characters again..

azeke

Oct 30, 2017
Astana, Kazakhstan
I wish there was a way to transfer savegames between platforms. I've played dozens of hours on my Vita...
Oh dozen of hours is nothing...

I'm gonna buy BoI too so I can finally play Afterbirth, but I don't really want to have to unlock all those items and characters again..
Honestly after restarting the game so many times those early times is honestly the best part.

You can use the same save across Vita and PS4...

OP
OP
ned_ballad

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I wish there was a way to transfer savegames between platforms. I've played dozens of hours on my Vita, but at some point I'm gonna get a Switch. I'm gonna buy BoI too so I can finally play Afterbirth, but I don't really want to have to unlock all those items and characters again..

Yea, being able to move my PC save to the Switch would make me insta buy the Switch version

Ambitious

Oct 26, 2017
Oh dozen of hours is nothing...

Honestly after restarting the game so many times those early times is honestly the best part.

You can use the same save across Vita and PS4...

Might be 100+ hours. Dunno.

I know, but I usually play it on the go. And as I mentioned, at some point I will replace my Vita with a Switch.

OP
OP
ned_ballad

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
The site must be glitching because it says I wrote the post you're replying to lol.
I accidentally quoted your post instead of the one I wanted, and then edited later. That's probably why.

Anyway, whose ready to beat 30 dailies for a crappy item woooooo

The thing about the booster unlock methods is that when they're on the PC, the PC crowd of Isaac... doesn't really tolerate stuff like that, so I expect any really annoying unlock methods will be changed.

Ambitious

Oct 26, 2017
Having recently obtained all completion marks (except for ???), I was just comparing my stats with a guide to learn out how to unlock the remaining items. Apparently, I'm missing several items I should already have. For instance, I don't have Demon Baby and Abel, which are unlocked by beating The Lamb with Azazel and Cain, respectively. But I've got the completion mark with both characters. What's going on?

azeke

Oct 30, 2017
Astana, Kazakhstan
After playing dailies on Switch for like half a year i finally achieved 100000001%.

Granted it's just on my first file. And i already started and mostly completed second file already (most of the characters, yes even Keeper and Lost, are already completed there + hard challenges like Ultra Hard, It's The Key). I only need to do the daily routine on my second file and finish up remaining challenges that i always leave because their unlocks are not only useless but actually counterproductive (like rules or suicide cards)

adz2ka

Nov 1, 2017
I keep seeing videos of this and am really tempted to get it as I've got a 2 week vacation coming up.

2 things are preventing my decision to purchase though;
-I have Enter The Gungeon as my rogue-like fix. Is this significantly different enough to warrant playing both?
-35gbp is very steep for a game I'm not sure about. I already regret paying 25gbp for Shovel Knight after the hype the internet and critics gave it (very boring)

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
I keep seeing videos of this and am really tempted to get it as I've got a 2 week vacation coming up.

2 things are preventing my decision to purchase though;
-I have Enter The Gungeon as my rogue-like fix. Is this significantly different enough to warrant playing both?
-35gbp is very steep for a game I'm not sure about. I already regret paying 25gbp for Shovel Knight after the hype the internet and critics gave it (very boring)
I feel like it's quite a bit different than Enter the Gungeon. Binding of Isaac has way more items and synergies between the items which makes each playthrough feel very different than the one before it. There are also more systems at work in Isaac (devil rooms, angel rooms, sacrifice rooms, etc.) that help keep it fresh. I do feel like Enter the Gungeon requires more skill but Isaac requires more knowledge, if that makes any sense.

OP
OP
ned_ballad

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I kind of wanted to start a new save once the last booster was added with the several dozen new achievements, but the three daily achievements make me not want to do that.

Especially Broken Modem. I do not want to win 30 dailies. This will take me like a year to finish. For one of the worst booster items they've added.

That achievement needs to change. And I think it probably will, the PC Isaac players don't tolerate stuff like that because we know it can easily be changed on Steam.