• Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Guests should now be able to save their dark or light theme preferences, found on the left sidebar.

The Black Culture Community [OT 4] - Melanin and Estrogen - The new Kryptonite

Oct 25, 2017
Where X marks the spot.

OT#4. By now everyone should know the drill. This is the BLACK CULTURE COMMUNITY THREAD.
All are welcome, you're drama isn't. So kindly leave anything that you might have picked up on your soles
while sliding thru the boards at the door.

OT #01, #02, #03

All o' the nice things. Respectfully nice and kindly, like a Mr. Do high score run. Sugary sweet.
As per usual, I didn't test this until the very last minute and I'm doing a lil experimenting,
so bear with me as I work out a few formatting issues. I might have to resize everything on the fly if it doesn't work for y'all.
You can click on the images below to get larger versions and pure text as well.
Leave a comment below or DM me if something is absolutely borked, and I'll get on it. That's about it for now. Onward!

"I can’t be a pessimist because I’m alive. To be a pessimist means that you have agreed that human life is an academic matter,
so I’m forced to be an optimist. I’m forced to believe that we can survive whatever we must survive"
. James Baldwin

The usual BCC suspects that you'd find hanging around and shooting the shit.
Prototype Viktor/BlackGhost/dskillzhtown/Darryl M R/4cute/Tizoc/Commander Quackers/BigDes/DMVfan123 = Still selling mixtapes on the corner
Gordon = Alien from an ancient TV show. Eats kittens and argues with Slayven over chicken recipes.
Now let's BronsonLee do the arguing.
JeanGrey = Lives with an alien
Shy = John Boyega. Mr. Nice Guy™
Imm0rt4l/tatsu123 = Muscle crabs. At the gym flexing and drinking protein shakes.
_Retro = Died for our sins and came back.
Slayven = Wakanda police. Born in 1776. Likes Asian women and comics.
BronsonLee = Works for Gordon. May know something about comics.
EdibleKnife/ArgyleReptile/Face it Tiger../Commanderbuck/Double 0/sqwarlock/BlackJace/Paganmoon/0VERBYTE = Wild crabs. No home training and still out here
wearing hoodies.
DY = Doesn't pay child support.
Young Magus = DY Junior. VP of Black Japan Era.
EloquentM = Skips the anime cycle.
Furyous = DY's alt. Works for harSon and OVO Sounds.
LionPride = :3
FeenixRising = Sits front row with Momma Feenix at the Puff Daddy and the Family Reunion concert.
Has a son now.
Phoenix Rising = Literally fights with Tekken.
Grandia = Member of the Trick Daddy Booty Gang.
Jandro = Horse/Brony. Spends days hiding from Florida Man.
BlackGoku03/Cream/Inkvoterad/SageShinigami/T'Challa Shakur/Legend of Aims/International Iron Man/Aceun/Aang's_Bae = Deadass Crabs. Usually walking around wearing timbs and du-rags.
EscoBlades = Works in a broom closet writing Black Panther game ideas.
JC = Keep him away from all moms and DLC codes.
Ironfist Sect = Quit the BCC. We miss him.
Numb = Thinks he's Ironfist Sect.
Bronx-Man = Former L champion. Lost his title to TheAdder.
TheBlackMarvel/Beefy = Heads of Black Euro Era.
MWS Natural = Writes laws.
Faustek/Hero Prinny/Kotto/Gattsu25/Confusion Illusion/Urban Scholar/Onemic/808s and Villainy
/Forearm Star = Lil Crabs. Found books, a suit, and got a Lil home training.
The Artisan = Wanted by the IRS.
Royalan = Wakanda Police. Got that good salad hair.
Village/Zaverious/spindashing = Initiate Sonic cycles.
FreeMufasa = acclaimed author of the Niggas in Japan series.
harSon = Pusha T made a song about him.
ManMadeMan/ReiGun = Comic encyclopedias.
Crocodile/zeemumu/Jackben/Flow/darklin0/Strike = Anime encyclopedias.
Sou Da/RedHoodedOwl/TheGreatDirector = Cartoon encyclopedias.
The Faceless Master = Smart Phone encyclopedia.
Dereck = Hip Hop encyclopedia.
Lotus = One Piece Fairy Tail Eden Zero encyclopedia.
Merc_/Vermillion = Nintendo encyclopedias.
Mumei = * encyclopedia.
HTown = Discovered a connection in racism and quantum locks.
Nakazato/bobbychalkers/Shingi_70/ApharmdX/Kave_Man/Kickmaster Kim/Smiles and Cries/Kidgalactus/Rayven_King/jmood88 = Smarty Art Crabs.
Think they're leaving the bucket by picking up books, getting married and bettering themselves.
SENPAIatLARGE = Making food for the BCC cookout.
Bish = Retired Wakanda police chief.
Devo/Satch/Vince McMahon/Moris/Rio/captmcblack/Jacir/Africanus/Mrs. Manky/Dai101/XiaNaphryz/FyreWulff/Parallax = BCC Alumni. Found a way back to Wakanda.
Secret Fawful = Writing response tracks.
Angelus = totes mixed with /s. Won't let Slayven forget his past.
Professor Beef = Wakanda police. Writes Shadow vs Sonic fan fiction.
Ishi = A Bear and BCC Alumni.
Labor = Head of Black Japan Era.
Blackpanther25 = Black Japan Era associate.
Izuna = Doesn't like these lists.
Trey = Lost his thread making abilities to Subzero. Not a fan of flash photography.
Subzero = Artist. Lost his thread making abilities to Malyse.
Malyse = Tumblr and Cosplay expert. Lost his thread making abilities to Sch1sm.
Sch1sm = Former Highlander. Keeps these crabs from hurting themselves in the bucket.
DiZ = Current Highlander. Draws pictures.
Kreed = Too much free time.
Bob Beat/Big Baybee/soundscream/superkool/Mr Jones/gblues = Sits on the corner and kicks knowledge.
Akira28/cdyhybrid = The person that kicks knowledge but doesn't look like they should be kicking knowledge.
The Adder = Current holder of the L Championship. Has a lot of stories.
Yagyujubei = Humble by Kendrick Lamar.
Aiustis = Misuses dish washing detergent.
Enzom21/Infinite/excelsiorlef/Frozenprince/DerangedHermit/DigitalOp/Deepwater/BossAttack/jWILL253
/NoName999/Elegant Weapon = Kneeling on Era football fields.
Demolition_Human = Assist trophy in Smash Brothers.
Dreams-Visions = Will abandon Wakanda for a redhead.
Daniel Westlake = Always do the opposite of what he says.
RedSwirl/hypernima/Afrocious/Zekes/Loudninja/Mizerman/Skittles/AnansiThePersona/Emperor_EL
/Top NHST Product = Black Belt Crabs. Have accepted the rules of the bucket.
MHWilliams = "Trying to throw him under the bus says more about you than him."

Questionnaire:

Black Excellence vs. White Mediocrity by Arthur Chu / Salon, through Alternet
The Case For Reparations by Ta-Nehisi Coates
Video Games' Blackness Problem by Evan Narcisse (Kotaku)
White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack by Peggy McIntosh
When you say you 'don't see race', you’re ignoring racism, not helping to solve it by Zach Stafford
Coli Smilies

It's not even been a month since I started to save a couple of links here and there, and the stories just keep piling on.
I've taken more off days from the news and it still finds it's way into me. There's no escaping it.
Might as well root around in it a little and maybe learn something. Let's throw the jets into reverse.
We need to slow this shit down. All of the following stories are lInked below. Just click on em.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomi Lahren: Protesting has been ‘cheapened by these man-hating feminists’

Lindsay Lohan PUNCHED in the Face Trying to take ethnic babies.

Conservative Women Are Angry About Kavanaugh And They Think Other Voters Are, Too

A Letter to White Women Who Support Brett Kavanaugh

#ParkingLotBarbara: White woman calls police on Hispanic mother sitting in car with her child.

Black Wall Street: Where are the graves?

White people make up largest proportion of British terror arrests.

Pee drinking
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bbc-please-can-everyone-stop-drinking-their-own-urine.73328/

Tennessee cop, assigned to security detail for Democrat gubernatorial candidate, leaks to Republican opposition that candidate went to a “Muslim event,” thinking its a scandal:
1)The event? A falafel restaurant.

(BWB) Black While Babysitting:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/police-called-on-black-man-babysitting-white-children.73754/

Let this racist woman’s tirade reminds you that anti-Muslim hate is tied to anti-blackness.

Trump supporting dickhead Calls Police On Black Uber/Lyft Driver:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/gay-trump-supporter-calls-police-on-black-uber-lyft-driver.74140/

That time when Jeffery Zeigler tried to kill the 14 yr old teen looking for directions to his school.
Thread

“Cornerstore Caroline”:
1)https://www.resetera.com/threads/white-women-accuses-9-year-old-black-boy-of-sexual-assault.74344/
2)Thread

A mob of Alt-Right Proud Boys assaulted people after event in NYC:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-...ys-assaulted-people-after-event-in-nyc.74560/

Black woman sitting in car, waiting for appointment.
White woman: “You don’t belong here. I’m calling the cops.”
Thread

THE US IS CHECKING IMMIGRANT KIDS’ TEETH TO SEE IF THEY ACTUALLY BELONG IN ADULT DETENTION

45 to speak at hate groups annual event

Racist white woman blocks black man from entering his own apt. Then calls the cops on his ass after he uses his key to enter his abode.

OT#04's picks for Podcast goodness:

1) THE READ: Join Kid Fury and Crissle for their weekly podcast covering hip-hop and pop culture's most trying stars.
Throwing shade and spilling tea with a flippant and humorous attitude, no star is safe from Fury and Crissle unless their name is Beyoncé. (Or Blue Ivy.)

2) TBGWT: The Black Guy Who Tips. A free comedy Talk Show with a motto- Nothing's Wrong if it's funny!!
Join Rod and Karen five days a week for some laughter and tears and a better outlook on today's events.

3) So Well Spoken™ is a bi-weekly podcast dedicated to the discussion of pop culture, society & current events from a black and brown perspective.
New episode every other week hosted by Angelus, Mike & Moris.

If you have a favorite minority podcast or newsfeed link you think the group would dig, post that shit,
or hit me up and I'll add it to the OT. Bonus Black-ass media for consumption:
Random Acts of Flyness. Episode 01
It's a six part sketch art/ comedy/ exploration of modern culture series that digs kind of hard into many aspects
of growing up Black, and as other minorities in America. Episode 01 is very much NSFW!
Don't say I didn't warn you.

"In a racist society it is not enough to be non-racist. We must be anti-racist." - Angela Davis

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
This was posted in a clusterfuck of a thread but I think it’s interesting in isolation.

Carl Sagan back in early 1978 pointing out the lack of casting diversity in sci-fi

Oct 25, 2017
1st page! What up and Umbalo my sisters and brothers. Was thinking of creating a feet community. Thankfully I'm not not THAT crazy :P