• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

The Black Culture Community [OT 4] - Melanin and Estrogen - The new Kryptonite

Oct 25, 2017
"Loops Over Land consists of about 50 min. of loops produced using an analog reel-to-reel tape deck and an analog tape delay system (provided by Neil Rolnick). The loops were constructed using random 'scissors clips' of Mahler's 5th Symphony and thus reflect the pastoral feel of his original composition. Some of what sound like drum beats in the loops are actually sloppy splices bathed in reverb. Production of the loops happened over the course of 2 days while I was confined to my apartment dodging an enormous snow storm.

Slayven

You probably post about me on another board.
Oct 25, 2017
Jandro don't come around the hood no more. Living all in a gated community and shit. Don't answer to Junebug no more.

Oct 27, 2017
Kevin Hart has to be the dumbest motherfucker on Earth right now. He had a clear ass out that people straight up handed to his ass.

Black denial of homosexuality confuses the fuck out of me.

Oct 25, 2017
Beaverton, OR
I can't blame Hart for not wanting to wear the meaningless "ally" badge, but his non-apology is still trash. It comes from the same cloth as Marlon Wayans' homophobic joke in his Netflix "Woke-ish" special ("Do you! Just don't do me!").

Oct 25, 2017
I can't blame Hart for not wanting to wear the meaningless "ally" badge, but his non-apology is still trash. It comes from the same cloth as Marlon Wayans' homophobic joke in his Netflix "Woke-ish" special ("Do you! Just don't do me!").
Ultimately social groups like the LGBT community don't need allies that are just doing it to be "good guys". Hell, that's part of the problem with allies now. Maybe in a few years he'll change his tune, but the LGBT community should only accept it/ask for it when he means it, otherwise he'll just do more harm than good. I'm glad Don Lemon reached out and got as far as he did with Kevin regardless though.

Oct 25, 2017
the 70's where a mistake
Wait this is real...

Philip Michael Thomas – Randy
Barry White – Sampson
Charles Gordone – Preacherman
Scatman Crothers – Pappy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coonskin_(film)

...smmfh.

Coonskin is a 1975 American live action/animated crime film written and directed by Ralph Bakshi, about an African American rabbit, fox, and bear who rise to the top of the organized crime racket in Harlem, encountering corrupt law enforcement, con artists, and the Mafia. The film, which combines live-action with animation, stars Philip Thomas, Charles Gordone, Barry White, and Scatman Crothers, all of whom appear in both live-action and animated sequences.

Originally produced under the titles Harlem Nights and Coonskin No More... at Paramount Pictures, Coonskin encountered controversy before its original theatrical release when the Congress of Racial Equality criticized the content as being racist. When the film was released, Bryanston gave it limited distribution and it initially received mixed reviews. Later re-released under the titles Bustin' Out and Street Fight, Coonskin has since been reappraised. A New York Times review said, "[Coonskin] could be [Ralph Bakshi's] masterpiece."[1] Bakshi has stated that he considers Coonskin to be his best film.[2]
Slayven , did you see this in theaters?

Oct 25, 2017
I ain't messed with R. Kelly since the underage pissing thing.
I ain't messed with Chris Brown since Rihanna.

I remember getting into a legit fight with family over Brown.

When we forgive predators in our midst, who most of time haven't been punished or shown any contrition, we're not any better than some of the shit white folks pull.
And I'm not fucking with Ye.

Oct 25, 2017
hey. anyone have any kind of poll or link that shows that black people....dont like it when the N word (hard R) is used by whites, others, in general?

Dumb question, but Im having an argument with a racist.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2017
hey. anyone have any kind of poll or link that shows that black people....dont like it when the N word (hard R) is used by whites, others, in general?

Dumb question, but Im having an argument with a racist.
Don't have a credible source but just go tell the fuckboy to go say it around some black people and see what happens.

Everyone I know here has already cancelled R Kelly from last year. I only know one girl who listens to his old shit because of nostalgia.

Oct 25, 2017
Don't have a credible source but just go tell the fuckboy to go say it around some black people and see what happens.

Everyone I know here has already cancelled R Kelly from last year. I only know one girl who listens to his old shit because of nostalgia.
Of course, he claims to be black. Ah whatever, im done wasting my time

Shy

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
This the only written article about it at the moment. Everything else is social media postings:
https://mtonews.com/chadwick-boseman-michael-b-jordan-fought-at-golden-globes

Apparently he didn't walk the red carpet or sit with them during the ceremony either. Like I said, I hope it's all dumb rumors, they had great chemistry last year during the press run.
Yeah O really hope that's just rumors, obviously they're actors but the chemistry between the main cast during their interview tours and shit seemed pretty genuine and I felt that carry over to the screen.

Shy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm rocking the "Shave my hair down the the scalp" look.
Same. Wish i never put hair straightening shit in my hair making it mostly fall out.

So nowadays. I shave my head till it's smooth as a baby's bum (as the saying over here goes. LOL) Even though i fucking despise shaving my head. It takes forever, and is the most tedious thing EVER.

Oct 25, 2017
Same. Wish i never put hair straightening shit in my hair making it mostly fall out.

So nowadays. I shave my head till it's smooth as a baby's bum (as the saying over here goes. LOL) Even though i fucking despise shaving my head. It takes forever, and is the most tedious thing EVER.
Honestly I have a legit talented barber but I'm too lazy to have him shape up.