The Black Culture Community [OT 4] - Melanin and Estrogen - The new Kryptonite

OP
OP
D i Z
Oct 25, 2017
Where X marks the spot.
I don't know if i can do another 21 days. I am freezizng myself on the darkside of the moon, when BHM is done Shy come get me in Thunderbird 1

We ain't putting you in TB1. You going in Penelope's trunk.

Define worse? Black people are only allowed to eath Popeye's day old biscuits and sugared grits?
Have you sitting there watching Van Jones on repeat like this:

People told me the same thing when I professed my love for chit'lins; doesn't change the fact that they're still delicious 😁
Not invited to bring a damned thing to the cookout. Except sporks.

Nov 25, 2017
Minnesota
Bet he likes hogmaws too
You're right, I love 'em. In fact, every part of the hog is a damn near delicacy to me.

I don’t care how good they taste, what they are and how they smell is enough of a warning for me. I remember smelling a batch my aunt was making and I knew I would never try them, even before I knew they carried shit. Shitlins are nasty.
Honestly, I've eaten them ever since I was a young child, so while my olfactory senses detect a distinct odor, my brain doesn't really classify it as a 'bad smell'. I understand that they're repulsive to some people, but for me they have the same effect on my senses that bacon does.

Not invited to bring a damned thing to the cookout. Except sporks.
Not even baked macaroni and cheese? ;)

Sep 7, 2018
I've been watching this show on Netflix called Always a Witch or Siempre Bruja in Spanish. it's pretty good and yes I watched it because the main character is black. You don't see black people in general in Spanish programs and we got a lead here. This is the second time I've seen it. The other one was Celia.

Oct 27, 2017
I've been watching this show on Netflix called Always a Witch or Siempre Bruja in Spanish. it's pretty good and yes I watched it because the main character is black. You don't see black people in general in Spanish programs and we got a lead here. This is the second time I've seen it. The other one was Celia.

I only heard about it through Urban Scholar's post and he didn't have the kindest of words to say about it...

OP
OP
D i Z
Oct 25, 2017
Where X marks the spot.

Reports came back in the negative on this one.

Oct 30, 2017
Miami, FL

I only heard about it through Urban Scholar's post and he didn't have the kindest of words to say about it...
Reports came back in the negative on this one.
Urban Scholar, thoughts? I have this queued up
Hey there friends I actually made a Twitter thread about this dumpster fire of a show!

Oct 27, 2017
Saw this a few days ago, figured some of y'all might find it interesting. I can't say I have much sympathy for them, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Oct 25, 2017
What up people? This #ADOS shit is getting spooky. And they’re not Bots. I agree that we shouldn’t blindly give these Dems a fucking vote, and we SHOULD demand shit. But these people are on some “don’t vote” shit, and dividing black people here in America. And they’re solidly anti-immigration and getting shine from ANN COULTER of all people (we know why). Prepare for a CRAZY 2020.

OP
OP
D i Z
Oct 25, 2017
Where X marks the spot.
What up people? This #ADOS shit is getting spooky. And they’re not Bots. I agree that we shouldn’t blindly give these Dems a fucking vote, and we SHOULD demand shit. But these people are on some “don’t vote” shit, and dividing black people here in America. And they’re solidly anti-immigration and getting shine from ANN COULTER of all people (we know why). Prepare for a CRAZY 2020.

I'm actually bothered that I looked that up.

Oct 26, 2017
I just looked this up and I shouldn't have

Oct 25, 2017
Going from such a stable baseline to a volatile living situation where you have very little control in way of feeling stable in a short few months will never not be one of the most stressful situations you have to deal with in life.

Last edited: