• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

The Black Culture Community [OT 4] - Melanin and Estrogen - The new Kryptonite

Slayven

You probably post about me on another board.
Oct 25, 2017
They couldn't save it. While the series was a curiosity, they could not get it together in the writers room.
The premise is so good
He teamed up with Osborn Spider-Man and split up into his individual spiders with each one entering a different universe. So now there are a bunch of radioactive spiders that are a hivemind Spider-Man that could potentially make more Spider-Men the way I see it.
Thought you were talking about Earth X Spiders Man

Real talk: If you had to pick that GIF or the Bone Hive, which would you choose?
Sounds like The Thousand, a dude ate the dead spider that bite Peter hoping it would give him powers. It did

Slayven

You probably post about me on another board.
Oct 25, 2017
Why does the Chance the Rapper dorito's video bother me? It looks like something you would see on undercover brother

Nov 27, 2018
Hey ya'll always love reading the thread so thought it was finally time to contribute a bit. I'll start with the quiz

Where you're from - Denmark
Where you live - Copenhagen
What is your age? - 25
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Both of my parents are from Somaliland, I was born and raised in Denmark
Do you know your roots - My beautiful parents would lecture and scold me until I knew everything about my roots. So thankful for that to this day
Favorite musical genre - Mostly listen to UK garage, grime and hip-hop.
Your profession/major/career interest - doing my masters now in international politics
Your religious affiliation - raised muslim but agnostic
Hobbies - big film nerd
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Only tried KFC twice and both times it was mediocre....so none of them?
Marvel or DC? - I guess Marvel. They did give us this beautiful year of Black Panther living rent free in peoples head. Also enjoy most things Spider-Man related
Favorite superhero? - Soba Mask.
Anime or Nah? - Was big on anime when I was a pre-teen especially angsty stuff like Death Note and Evangelion, then fell off completely. But now I watch some here and there. One Piece is the best
Favorite sport and team? - Basketball is my favorite sport but Arsenal is my favorite team
What's your favorite video game and genre? - My fondest memories with a game is still getting my ass whooped in Tekken 3, so I'll go with that.

Oct 25, 2017
I see JC got work doing the CGI for Aladdin.

Hey ya'll always love reading the thread so thought it was finally time to contribute a bit. I'll start with the quiz

What is your age? - 25
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Both of my parents are from Somaliland, I was born and raised in Denmark
Do you know your roots - My beautiful parents would lecture and scold me until I knew everything about my roots. So thankful for that to this day
Your profession/major/career interest - doing my masters now in international politics
Hobbies - big film nerd
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Only tried KFC twice and both times it was mediocre....so none of them?
Marvel or DC? - I guess Marvel. They did give us this beautiful year of Black Panther living rent free in peoples head. Also enjoy most things Spider-Man related
Anime or Nah? - Was big on anime when I was a pre-teen especially angsty stuff like Death Note and Evangelion, then fell off completely. But now I watch some here and there. One Piece is the best
Favorite sport and team? - Basketball is my favorite sport but Arsenal is my favorite team
What's your favorite video game and genre? - My fondest memories with a game is still getting my ass whooped in Tekken 3, so I'll go with that.
Welcome. How do you pronounce Plan-TEENS?

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

What is your age? - 25
Hobbies - big film nerd

Yo how old is Toni Braxton
Why, what happened ?

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have any concrete opinions on her yet, but holeeeeeey shit at the comments Kamala Harris is getting on her Breakfast Club interview. Literally everyone hates her. I know TBC followers (well, YT commenters at large, really) aren't representative of the community, but if they're anything to go by, she's got a lot of work to do with the Black community.

On the other hand you have the comments about "SMH all these women tho" that you can safely throw in the trash.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have any concrete opinions on her yet, but holeeeeeey shit at the comments Kamala Harris is getting on her Breakfast Club interview. Literally everyone hates her. I know TBC followers (well, YT commenters at large, really) aren't representative of the community, but if they're anything to go by, she's got a lot of work to do with the Black community.

On the other hand you have the comments about "SMH all these women tho" that you can safely throw in the trash.
Youtube comments are always trash/full of trolls.

Edit: LOL, comments full of ADOS hash tags. Yep, I'm good.

Nov 3, 2017

What is your age? - 25
Hobbies - big film nerd
Welcome aboard, bruh.

Oct 27, 2017
Youtube comments are always trash/full of trolls.

Edit: LOL, comments full of ADOS hash tags. Yep, I'm good.
Yo help me out on this. What the fuck is ADOS? I know what it means--African Descendants of Slaves--but why is it everywhere? Like both Kamala and Cory Booker's interviews are full of people talking about ADOS and Tangibles and whatever the fuck. I did some Googling around but it looks like it's some shit meant to divide black people. I half wanna say it's a scam from conservatives but it never quite goes far enough.

Oct 25, 2017
Yo help me out on this. What the fuck is ADOS? I know what it means--African Descendants of Slaves--but why is it everywhere? Like both Kamala and Cory Booker's interviews are full of people talking about ADOS and Tangibles and whatever the fuck. I did some Googling around but it looks like it's some shit meant to divide black people. I half wanna say it's a scam from conservatives but it never quite goes far enough.
I don't know if "everyone" using the hashtag is on some ashy/"when is the flying saucer coming to pick us up"/Russian bot shit...but it's definitely some ashy/"when is the flying saucer coming to pick us up"/Russian bot shit. One of the creators is youtube personality Yvette Carnell, who supports Donald Trump, denies that Obama was a Black man, among other things that would make Candace Owen's proud. One of the reasons Kamala Harris is getting hit with this nonsense is because she has Jamaican heritage, and #ADOS people/founders are trying to say she won't look out for US born Black people who have ancestors who were slaves in the US.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if "everyone" using the hashtag is on some ashy/"when is the flying saucer coming to pick us up"/Russian bot shit...but it's definitely some ashy/"when is the flying saucer coming to pick us up"/Russian bot shit. One of the creators is youtube personality Yvette Carnell, who supports Donald Trump, denies that Obama was a Black man, among other things that would make Candace Owen's proud. One of the reasons Kamala Harris is getting hit with this nonsense is because she has Jamaican heritage, and #ADOS people/founders are trying to say she won't look out for US born Black people who have ancestors who were slaves in the US.
Good looking out, fam. I was wondering WTF was going on in them comments, because it felt like some Russian bots at first. Then I started digging and it only ever looked worse, not better, but no one ever jumped off a cliff and committed to the fuckery I knew it was. I will say whenever Tariq is involved I go the other way.

I'm kind of on the ADOS train then based on this

Oct 25, 2017
Good looking out, fam. I was wondering WTF was going on in them comments, because it felt like some Russian bots at first. Then I started digging and it only ever looked worse, not better, but no one ever jumped off a cliff and committed to the fuckery I knew it was. I will say whenever Tariq is involved I go the other way.
You know your movement ain't shit when Ann Coulter co-signs.

I won't be surprised when Kanye starts tweeting about this.