The Black Culture Community [OT 4] - Melanin and Estrogen - The new Kryptonite

Slayven

I don’t know what you’re talking about
Oct 25, 2017
A few years ago Umar was beefing with some other "prominent" Hotep. Each one making long ass videos talking shit about each other and Umar being the clown he is faked a phone call only to have the phone start ringing while he was "talking" on it.

Couple years after that, Umar & Tariq were going at each other.
it got weird, Umar start talking about oiling up dude's beard and doing things with it

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Kinda felt bad for him in the end lol, people went IN. Some of the accusations levied at him were somewhat out there. I think he just thought it'd be a funny story to tell.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda felt bad for him in the end lol, people went IN. Some of the accusations levied at him were somewhat out there. I think he just thought it'd be a funny story to tell.
This website is getting quite over the top. I’m not surprised given the current political climate, but people are moving together like an ocean with certain positions that are not black and white. They know nothing of that mans life, he was banned as well.

Edit: tbf the ban message states prior infractions were also considered.

Edit2:
What's he using for "oil" though ? 🤔
You know what he’s using it for

Last edited:

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This website is getting quite over the top. I’m not surprised given the current political climate, but people are moving together like an ocean with certain positions that are not black and white. They know nothing of that mans life, he was banned as well.
I definitely agree with your take of the current political climate being responsible. Everyone's seemingly on edge. Hope the mods are ready for the Democratic primaries and the General Election (they ain't)!

Powdered Egg

Oct 27, 2017
Question for the older Black dudes lol.

My hair is growing at a ridiculously slow pace nowadays. I used to get a haircut like once a month. I think I noticed around age 34 or so that I can go 3-4 months without a haircut and my fro still wouldn't be as big as it usually would be before cuts. My hairline is still good and no balding going on... is this normal with age or should I go to the doctor?

OP
OP
D i Z

D i Z

Oct 25, 2017
Where X marks the spot.

My hair is growing at a ridiculously slow pace nowadays. I used to get a haircut like once a month. I think I noticed around age 34 or so that I can go 3-4 months without a haircut and my fro still wouldn't be as big as it usually would be before cuts. My hairline is still good and no balding going on... is this normal with age or should I go to the doctor?

Can't help you there. I've got a mane like fucking Medusa from the InHumans.

Rayven_king

Oct 30, 2017

must be you fam I got long ass dreadlocks but I find I need a re-twist every month coz of the growth

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Anyone here applied to a job that's a little above your skill level? One that you can get the handle of its work aspects by simply doing the work and learning it as you work?

Spinluck

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
When was the last time that y'all had to shrink yourselves or turn down the "blackness" to make a white person feel comfortable in any sort of setting?

Because I think I'm done with doing it.

Anyway, so glad IT work doesn't call for *professional* hair styles which for black people means low fades or buzzcuts.

/Semirant

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Started Battle Tendency. I can already tell JoJo II is way better than JoJo. I also appreciate keeping Erina instead of just killing her off or otherwise putting her on a bus after the time skip.

Urban Scholar

Oct 30, 2017
Miami, FL
Anyone here applied to a job that's a little above your skill level? One that you can get the handle of its work aspects by simply doing the work and learning it as you work?
Yeah my current position. I thought it was above my skill level. But when it comes to on the job learning I'm a quick study.

Anything in particular that's worrying you?

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Yeah my current position. I thought it was above my skill level. But when it comes to on the job learning I'm a quick study.

Anything in particular that's worrying you?
Well I'm planning on switching jobs and applied to a few places, one company (airline, and the position is mainly for one of their offices) has a listing for Sales Executive position. I'm more of a guy who can PLAN and lay out what to do and how to go about it, than be the guy to pitch it to the client or customer :P

Z-Beat

Oct 25, 2017
Wish horror movies would get out of the "asshole protagonist" phase. Feels like they know it's a trope but don't know why (it's so you don't feel bad when they get got). That works extraordinarily poorly in ghost stories where the deaths are less gory and your fear gets overwritten with relief that this shitty character is gone

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Wish horror movies would get out of the "asshole protagonist" phase. Feels like they know it's a trope but don't know why (it's so you don't feel bad when they get got). That works extraordinarily poorly in ghost stories where the deaths are less gory and your fear gets overwritten with relief that this shitty character is gone
The characters from Cabin Fever and Hostel were completely unlikable. The protagonist from Texas Chainsaw 3D was okay with Leatherface killing her boyfriend and the rest of her friends.

Z-Beat

Oct 25, 2017
The characters from Cabin Fever and Hostel were completely unlikable. The protagonist from Texas Chainsaw 3D was okay with Leatherface killing her boyfriend and the rest of her friends.
Yeah, Eli Roth's not great at writing likeable characters.

And yeah, the main character in Texas Chainsaw 3D made no sense. When the "antagonist." Think of the poor defenseless cannibals though