The Black Culture Community [OT 4] - Melanin and Estrogen - The new Kryptonite

Nov 17, 2017
Good morning!

I mean we get these examples year round.

& I'm making it a thing to dunk on them.

Simple answer hire Black people. Because clearly we all look the same.

But funny how they can differentiate the melanin deficient
I remember one time in college this white woman who worked in one of the offices showed me this poster about an event that had happened on campus and said something along the lines of "hey you're on the poster!" She was pointing at some other black student and thought that I was him. The dude didn't even look remotely like me besides the fact that he was black. Different hairstyle, different face, different build.

What really got me was when I told her it wasn't me she thought I was joking and was like "what? Of course that's you!" I had to explain that I wasn't even at this event so it couldn't possibly be me. I think at this point her white fragility sensors were going off and she realized what she had done so as per protocol she doubles down and says "Oh I was just joking but he looks just like you, doesn't he?!" I wasn't even upset or anything just kind of amazed at it all. You're supposed to dig up. I saw her in the hall a few time and she always had an awkward energy about her when she noticed me haha

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry to hear that, RIP
Condolences. Sorry to hear that.
You have my condolences.
Thanks.

My family is flying up here tomorrow. Funeral date hasn't been set yet.

I hate the fact that this is becoming routine. I went 20 something years without needing to bury a loved one and have had a funeral almost every year since my brother passed.

I need to take the day off.

This shit still hasn't hit me and I know it will. He was like a father to me growing up despite not seeing him for years.

Shy

Oct 25, 2017
Mornin' people with fantastic abs.
Evening, lads.
Only thing motivating me to go to work at this point is that I won't be able to pay for the equipment I need to pursue my actual dreams.

My uncle passed away. Cancer.

Ugh.
I'm so sorry. My condolences to you and your family.

Urban Scholar

Oct 30, 2017
Miami, FL
I remember one time in college this white woman who worked in one of the offices showed me this poster about an event that had happened on campus and said something along the lines of "hey you're on the poster!" She was pointing at some other black student and thought that I was him. The dude didn't even look remotely like me besides the fact that he was black. Different hairstyle, different face, different build.

What really got me was when I told her it wasn't me she thought I was joking and was like "what? Of course that's you!" I had to explain that I wasn't even at this event so it couldn't possibly be me. I think at this point her white fragility sensors were going off and she realized what she had done so as per protocol she doubles down and says "Oh I was just joking but he looks just like you, doesn't he?!" I wasn't even upset or anything just kind of amazed at it all. You're supposed to dig up. I saw her in the hall a few time and she always had an awkward energy about her when she noticed me haha

We all look the same has racist connotations.

& I honestly think you spent way too much time explaining

Bob Beat

Oct 25, 2017
My uncle passed away. Cancer.

Ugh.
Sorry to hear.

Some people know things.

Many people, however, are able to eke out a more-than-modest living by convincing people that they know things. They aren’t blessed with the gift of knowledge as much as they are blessed with the gift of charismatic sophistry. Politicians call it “spin.” Poets describe it as “silver-tongued.” Niggas who smoke Newports call it “a nice mouthpiece.” This distinct brand of slick-mouthing is often practiced by preachers, psychics and a particular con-man-turned president.

And also, Steve Harvey.

For years, we have watched the third-funniest King of Comedy (which I think makes him a duke of comedy ... or maybe a viceroy of comedy) slowly transform himself from a slightly amusing mustachioed jester into a bible-thumping, self-improvement guru who hocks 7th-grade-level self-help books to church ladies on how they can make themselves worthy of love by putting their vaginas on a rigorous 90-day, do-not-fuck regimen.

Steve Harvey is not so much offensive as he is fraudulent. This is a man who made millions selling the blueprint on how to achieve everlasting love while trading in wives for slimmer, lighter-skinned upgrades. This is the man who couldn’t wait to “increase his territory” by cozying up next to the white supremacist-in-chief, Donald Trump, even after people warned him that it was not a good idea.
I'm here for Steve Harvey slander.

And DL Hughely shade.

Urban Scholar

Oct 30, 2017
Miami, FL
Yeah I really did. I was just shocked by how adamant she was about it after the first time I said it wasn’t me. Crazy.
Crazy...I'd say that whiteness of her's is one hell of a drug.

Laughs in Spanish and in a minor ability to understand Portuguese

How racist are you , if that gives you anxiety
Very racist!

The most easily triggered group in existence. Someone should tell them that the United States doesn't have an official language.
I mean, the system still adheres to them as it's there's.

But yo if speaking Creole will have people clutching their pearls? Yep bet I'm speaking no English in public.

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry to hear. My condolences.
My condolences friend.
Really sorry to hear that.

My inbox is open if you ever need to talk about it.
Sorry to hear about that, man.
Sorry to hear that man.
I'm sorry to hear that, man. It really sucks.
My condolences mate.
Thanks, everyone.

Morning Black people

Awwww.

Ahem good morning!
Yep. One of my favorite pictures, ever.

Good morning.