• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

The Black Culture Community [OT 4] - Melanin and Estrogen - The new Kryptonite

Oct 27, 2017
If another old santa claus lookin' ass dude tells me I should smile more ANOTHER GOD FUCKIN' TIME, I'm throwing hands, staplers, rocks, cars, and celestial bodies!

It still baffles me that these cockeyed pieces of shit think that I should have a perpetual smile on my face when:

1. You and your wife are actively engaged in conversation with someone
  2. Said conversation has absolutely nothing to do with me
  3. My hands are moving at breakneck pace and I'm staring intensely at a computer screen, indicating that nothing beyond the immediacy of my screen has grasped my attention enough to look up
  4. Who the fuck smiles while they're typing, tabbing, and shifting through various programs and screens, anyway!?
I stared at the fucker and went right back at what i was doing. If it wasn't for the fact that finishing what I was doing as soon as possible would alleviate far too much shit for everyone on my shift since the morning shift fucked up and didn't do it, I probably would've caused a scene.

Oct 25, 2017
Today's "Real Talk" fact:

There are 68 Black Major League Baseball players in the entire league; Out of 882. There are 11 teams with only 1 Black player and 3 with no Black players at all
Kyler Murray went from top 10 MLB prospect to taking some white guys starting qb job in the NFL.

That sure is something.

A lot of kids in general aren’t into baseball anymore. It’s even harder when the people that look like you are better represented elsewhere. I hope I can get my kid into the sport when the time comes.

Oct 30, 2017
Miami, FL
If another old santa claus lookin' ass dude tells me I should smile more ANOTHER GOD FUCKIN' TIME, I'm throwing hands, staplers, rocks, cars, and celestial bodies!

It still baffles me that these cockeyed pieces of shit think that I should have a perpetual smile on my face when:

1. You and your wife are actively engaged in conversation with someone
  2. Said conversation has absolutely nothing to do with me
  3. My hands are moving at breakneck pace and I'm staring intensely at a computer screen, indicating that nothing beyond the immediacy of my screen has grasped my attention enough to look up
  4. Who the fuck smiles while they're typing, tabbing, and shifting through various programs and screens, anyway!?
I stared at the fucker and went right back at what i was doing. If it wasn't for the fact that finishing what I was doing as soon as possible would alleviate far too much shit for everyone on my shift since the morning shift fucked up and didn't do it, I probably would've caused a scene.
Hold on these clowns tell you to smile while working?

The hell?

Oct 25, 2017
Kyler Murray went from top 10 MLB prospect to taking some white guys starting qb job in the NFL.

That sure is something.

A lot of kids in general aren’t into baseball anymore. It’s even harder when the people that look like you are better represented elsewhere. I hope I can get my kid into the sport when the time comes.
I tried to get my young nephews and cousins to play baseball. MLB is starving for anyone Black to be the face of their league and truthfully if you could hit your weight, pitch, run or field, you'd probably be a multi-millionaire in baseball.

Oct 27, 2017
Hold on these clowns tell you to smile while working?

The hell?
This fucker did.

To be fair, I do work front desk at at resort, so it's not a co-worker or a worker-adjacent spontaneously telling me this. Instead, some random asshole who was getting checked in had the caucacity to slide his crooked ass all the way over to me, breaking his flow with the person he and his wife were actually talking to, to interrupt my heavy and quite obvious workflow to tell me to smile more.

Apr 26, 2019
I'm new here, like maybe one post - but hello everyone! I'm a Reddit refugee I guess, tired of the casual racism (though gaming-side isn't thaaaaat different.).

I dunno if I need to do an introduction or anything, but I like writing, reading, comics, movies and games. And uh... Yeah.

OP
OP
D i Z
Oct 25, 2017
Where X marks the spot.
Wow, that was quick.
They're pretty easy to sniff out.

I'm new here, like maybe one post - but hello everyone! I'm a Reddit refugee I guess, tired of the casual racism (though gaming-side isn't thaaaaat different.).

I dunno if I need to do an introduction or anything, but I like writing, reading, comics, movies and games. And uh... Yeah.
Ello there. Gaming side is an acquired taste, I'm sure you know.

There's a questionnaire in the OP if you wanna let us know more about yourself.
Easy ice breaker.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2019
Hi, I'm also new and have been on resetera for a while
So in a discord chat I was in someone said they think Everybody hates Chris is funny because it has funny black people and it exhaggerates an African American household, which is why it's funny. I was wondering, are these comments problematic?

Last edited:

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mornin' fresh produce smugglers for the poor.
Evening.

Welcome to you.
So in a discord chat I was in someone said they think Everybody hates Chris is funny because it has funny black people and it exhaggerates an African American household, which is why it's funny. I was wondering, are these comments problematic?
Yes it's flat out diet racist. (at the very least)

OP
OP
D i Z
Oct 25, 2017
Where X marks the spot.
Yep, just as I figured. What would be a proper response to this?

"go fuck yourself" is where I would start, and get more profane from there until I got bored.

Or you could ask them if they find white sitcom "exaggerations" just as funny.

Or you can call it a day and walk away understanding that racism like that isn't easy to combat, if at all.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2019
True, but I would want to explain why its problematic first before I explode. I'd first say something like 'Black people aren't clowns for your amusement, we are human beings." Like what us can I say to at least try

Mar 4, 2019
This was the response:
"What I was trying to say was the way they portray the household in the show is an exaggeration of a black house hold in a comedic way such as "I'll smack the black out of you" and other comments like that it could be any other race that would do the same and I would still find it funny so to answer your question yes I do find it that funny"

Mar 4, 2019
If you can't explain it or haven't already then a response to that shouldn't be the priority.
i did anyway, this is what they told me:
This was the response:
"What I was trying to say was the way they portray the household in the show is an exaggeration of a black house hold in a comedic way such as "I'll smack the black out of you" and other comments like that it could be any other race that would do the same and I would still find it funny so to answer your question yes I do find it that funny"

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was the response:
They're full of shit, and racist.

Oct 30, 2017
Miami, FL
Hey beautiful people. Hope ya'll doing OK.

This was the response:
See the thing is...

They're full of shit, and racist.
I agree with what Shy and Diz said here

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mornin' those responsible for the global Helium shortage.
Evening beloved ones.
*waves*
@Shy you ole such and such, it’s been too long!

He Forearm. It's always good to see you post in here.

How have you been ?
@Shy damn you!! I can't stop watching Chef John. He's so damn positiv and the food. The food man.
LOL. Yep. He's a top man.

Oct 17, 2018
...how is the empty gauntlet snap a "quip?" It's a story beat that indicates to the audience that Thanos doesn't have the Stones as previously thought.

I know that's not the thing I should be focus on, but geez. The Hawkeye daughter line... I can't even.

It must be an empty existence being this hateful.