The Black Culture Community [OT 4] - Melanin and Estrogen - The new Kryptonite

Tommcatt

Apr 26, 2019
If another old santa claus lookin' ass dude tells me I should smile more ANOTHER GOD FUCKIN' TIME, I'm throwing hands, staplers, rocks, cars, and celestial bodies!

It still baffles me that these cockeyed pieces of shit think that I should have a perpetual smile on my face when:

1. You and your wife are actively engaged in conversation with someone
  2. Said conversation has absolutely nothing to do with me
  3. My hands are moving at breakneck pace and I'm staring intensely at a computer screen, indicating that nothing beyond the immediacy of my screen has grasped my attention enough to look up
  4. Who the fuck smiles while they're typing, tabbing, and shifting through various programs and screens, anyway!?
I stared at the fucker and went right back at what i was doing. If it wasn't for the fact that finishing what I was doing as soon as possible would alleviate far too much shit for everyone on my shift since the morning shift fucked up and didn't do it, I probably would've caused a scene.
Not exactly the same, but god am in tired of people approaching cashiers who don't have a like and going "Oh you looked bored - so I thought I'd come over here."

Faustek

Oct 26, 2017
Hi non playable characters in a Japanese games.

Shy top man indeed. Did his cheese souffle and I'm taking every damn tip to the rest of my baking. Same for his Gravlax and actually a lot of stuff. One day I might actually follow his recipes as well lol

Lol !

Oh also I made a Craig of The Creek thread over on Twitter.

Aww, I haven't watched a lot of that. Just the first episode and random episodes but I enjoyed seeing the characters.

Damn, I think I bust a kidney laughing at this stupidity. Shits real? I kinda feel like watching it just to see if it is.

---

Btw Just so y'all know. Immortal Hulk is outselling Batman. Just saying. Shits good.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
People did some similar bullshit around the release of The Last Jedi:
AV Club said:
The result, as noted by this Reddit post, is titled The Last Jedi: The De-Feminized Fanedit, and it recently started popping up on torrent sites. In the description for the download, the anonymous creator (because you definitely don’t want to put a name on something like this) says that they essentially cut out anything that reflects positively on a female character or indicates that they’re on the same level as the male characters in any way, resulting in a feature that is—hilariously—just 46 minutes long. That’s pretty funny, considering the real movie is more than 100 minutes longer than that, but the funniest part is that even the anonymous creator seems to recognize that their monstrosity kind of sucks.

“You will probably enjoy it most when you view it less as a blockbuster movie and more as some kind of episode from some non-existent mediocre Star Wars series,” the creator says, explaining that they had to go off of a bad source with technical issues just to create their terrible thing. Also, the person adds that “there are plot holes and continuity errors,” indicating that they unsurprisingly fucked up the whole plot by cutting out a bunch of integral characters in service of making something that creeps could watch “without feeling nauseaus [sic].”

As for what this visionary of sexism specifically cut out of The Last Jedi, the list is exhausting both because of how elaborate and for how fucking shameful the edit is. For starters, they completely cut Laura Dern’s Admiral Holdo out of the movie, meaning the “Holdo Maneuver” is carried out by Oscar Isaac’s Poe Dameron instead—so he dies halfway through the “movie.” Also, General Leia never “scolds” Poe, because he’s a perfect man hero who can do no wrong, and she gets killed by Kylo Ren (who is “much less conflicted”). They also made it so that Captain Phasma gets beaten by Finn in one hit because “women are naturally weaker than men,” Rey isn’t “superpowered,” and Paige Tico (the sister of Kelly Marie Tran’s character, Rose) doesn’t get to heroically bomb the bad guy ship in the beginning.
The ranks of straight white male nerds are inundated with the most pathetic man-children to exist in the modern day

Btw Just so y'all know. Immortal Hulk is outselling Batman. Just saying. Shits good.
Bought Volume One on a whim a few weeks ago and was blown away. I have no issue ranking it among the best issues for the Hulk in his entire history. It's interesting to come away from it realizing that this kind of writing is a display of actually intimately knowing the character and how to utilize the character in a way that many of the previous handlers didn't really have a grip on.

Last edited:

Faustek

Oct 26, 2017
People did some similar bullshit around the release of The Last Jedi:

The ranks of straight white male nerds are inundated with the most pathetic man-children to exist in the modern day

Bought Volume One on a whim a few weeks ago and was blown away. I have no issue ranking it among the best issues for the Hulk in his entire history. It's interesting to come away from it realizing that this kind of writing is a display of actually intimately knowing the character and how to utilize the character in a way that many of the previous handlers didn't really have a grip on.
I had managed to forget about that TLJ fuckery. Jebas, how fucking weak do you gotta be to go there?

Yeah this Hulk run is something extraordinary. Joe Fixit, Planet Hulk all the way through, Heart of the Monster, Hard Knocks and Maestro have been some of my favorite Hulk stories with Fixit and Sakaarson being my faves. This is looking to be up there as well. AL Ewing is doing what I thought Pak could only do today.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Lol !

Oh also I made a Craig of The Creek thread over on Twitter.

This may be long by twitter standards but it was informative and straight to the point well done homie.

Hi non playable characters in a Japanese games.

Shy top man indeed. Did his cheese souffle and I'm taking every damn tip to the rest of my baking. Same for his Gravlax and actually a lot of stuff. One day I might actually follow his recipes as well lol

Aww, I haven't watched a lot of that. Just the first episode and random episodes but I enjoyed seeing the characters.

Damn, I think I bust a kidney laughing at this stupidity. Shits real? I kinda feel like watching it just to see if it is.

---

Immortal hulk is neat. I am considering getting a printed vol 1 tpb as s gift to my cousin.
Good to see more love for it on here.

OP
OP
D i Z

D i Z

Oct 25, 2017
Where X marks the spot.
Here's a full list of the Tariffs being imposed.

Read this as well. Vidya game consoles just got fucked too.

So what would get hit with tariffs? The list reads like a shopping list for Target or Walmart, including toys, shoes, coffee makers and watches. Smartphones, photocopiers and video game consoles will face a tax. Also included are guns, fireworks, backgammon, Christmas decorations, practical joke toys, furs (with or without paws) and merry-go-rounds.
The list includes nearly 40 Chinese import categories that Americans collectively spent $1 billion or more on in 2017, according to government statistics. The largest among those, at $44.5 billion, are cellphones, followed by laptops at $37.2 billion and toys at $12.2 billion.

Here’s a quick scan of other consumer favorites that will be subject to tariffs if Mr. Trump follows through:
Housewares
  • Kitchenware
  • LED lamps
  • Flags
  • Microwave ovens
  • Curtains and drapes
  • Coffee makers
  • Hair dryers
  • Bed linens
Clothing
  • Sweaters
  • Shoes, including golf shoes, boots, running shoes and other footwear
  • Bras
  • Gloves
  • Sunglasses
  • Wigs and facial hair made of human hair
  • T-shirts
  • Track suits
Tech
  • Smartphones, like iPhones
  • Flat-panel televisions
  • Copiers and fax machines
  • Video cameras
  • Lithium ion batteries
  • Keyboards
  • Loudspeakers
Sporting goods
  • Golf clubs
  • Water skis, surf boards and other water sport equipment
  • Bicycle parts
  • Fishing rods
  • Military rifles, shotguns and their parts
  • Rocket launchers and flame throwers
Drugstore essentials
  • Greeting cards
  • Artificial flowers
  • Flashlights
  • Pens
Mr. Trump has insisted that the tariffs will not raise prices for consumers, saying that China will bear the brunt of the taxes, a view that many economists dispute.

Last edited:

sooperkool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
True, but I thought you guys might have some insight for me. i try not to go right to "back in my day" or immediately assign negativity to everything young people do.

Faustek

Oct 26, 2017
Morning lovelies.

So, I mean it looks good but damn I'm so not feeling it. Slave movies, struggle movies and the pain. Atm I'm just to damn tired of it all. I just wan't something carefree, something that will just make me smile and feel good.

Now this stupidity? I'm here for it.

Faustek

Oct 26, 2017
Sup Shy ?

Google searches on mobile will soon include “gallery” ads that allow advertisers to display multiple images for users to swipe through. You’ll also begin to see ads in Google’s discover feed — the feed of news stories that you find built into many Android home screens, inside the Google app, and on Google’s mobile homepage — though they’ll only appear in select locations for now.
https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2019/5/14/18623541/google-gallery-discovery-mobile-ads-announced

So how's iOS? Been meaning to change back when it stopped being clunky and awful looking. I've not looked at it in years.

Kreed

Oct 25, 2017
So, I mean it looks good but damn I'm so not feeling it. Slave movies, struggle movies and the pain. Atm I'm just to damn tired of it all. I just wan't something carefree, something that will just make me smile and feel good.
I started googling to see if there were any upcoming slave movies in 2019 and stumbled onto this:

The Making of a Slave encapsulates the perceptions of captivity through the eyes of Einar, a proud warrior and family man living in a village located in the outskirts of Northern Europe. He is kidnapped along with other European men, women, children and placed in captivity. Stripped of his freedom and subjected to the oppressions of slavery on the continent of Africa, as he fights for his survival, mentally and physically Einar is put to a challenge that will change the course of his life --ultimately leading to catastrophic consequences for himself, his family and his people.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9030128/

Urban Scholar

Oct 30, 2017
Miami, FL
Good morning folks

I've given up on slave movies. I refuse to watch them. Now other depictions of Black suffering. I'll watch but I'll need to see a trailer. Much bigger fan of us just living.

So this is a thread, where he breaks down what we Black folks need from white folks to be real allies.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Good morning folks

I've given up on slave movies. I refuse to watch them. Now other depictions of Black suffering. I'll watch but I'll need to see a trailer. Much bigger fan of us just living.

So this is a thread, where he breaks down what we Black folks need from white folks to be real allies.

Evenin' fam.
Yiu getting the casltevania collection tomorrow?

Faustek

Oct 26, 2017
I started googling to see if there were any upcoming slave movies in 2019 and stumbled onto this:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9030128/
This was for real? I'm not sure I have any words that can be spoken by human tongue.

Good morning folks

That's the truth.
----

Wonder when people will stop saying "I can't believe this is happening in <white country> 2019". It's not like there has been a group. Actually multiple groups warning for all the fuckery happening now. It's not like we've had decades, centuries of fights to just get where we are and y'all have been sitting on your fucking asses refusing to see shit because you are ok off or you just don't like someone on personal feelings and decide to sit out. It's not like you sat your ass down and let homie spout any bs they wanted and kept on poisoning the rest. About high time to admit to yourself that the shit you fear but refuse to believe is already here, always been but now you see it, and it's worse than you imagine.
Don't let people sit on their asses. Huddle up and get shit done.

Urban Scholar

Oct 30, 2017
Miami, FL
Evenin' fam.
Yiu getting the casltevania collection tomorrow?
I'm not really a Castlevania fan, so probably not. That is to say I don't think their bad, I never really played em. & I have plenty of games here.

This was for real? I'm not sure I have any words that can be spoken by human tongue.

That's the truth.
----

Wonder when people will stop saying "I can't believe this is happening in <white country> 2019". It's not like there has been a group. Actually multiple groups warning for all the fuckery happening now. It's not like we've had decades, centuries of fights to just get where we are and y'all have been sitting on your fucking asses refusing to see shit because you are ok off or you just don't like someone on personal feelings and decide to sit out. It's not like you sat your ass down and let homie spout any bs they wanted and kept on poisoning the rest. About high time to admit to yourself that the shit you fear but refuse to believe is already here, always been but now you see it, and it's worse than you imagine.
Don't let people sit on their asses. Huddle up and get shit done.
I agree. It's like someone said, a lot of this falls on those in power's accountability.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017