The Black Culture Community [OT 4] - Melanin and Estrogen - The new Kryptonite

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
So here's a question for y'all; how do you feel when fanart, at least, of white skinned characters has them with darker skin tones? Not necessarily Tanned but actually brown or black skin.
An odd exaple of this, is I-No from Guilty Gear series, as one of her colour palletes also changes her skin tone

She has at least 2 color palletes in Xrd series where her skin tone is darker btw.

Outstanding

Urban Scholar

Oct 30, 2017
Miami, FL

I need ya'll to go see this so I can talk to some black folk about it. What a movie.
Literally can't see it. Because films like this are so indie and limited in their release.

There was only 1 showing in Miami on a Saturday evening this past weekend. And I had previous plans.

In fact that brings me to a larger point I want to make. I'm noticing a good number of Black films which are indie are getting the short end of distribution exposure.

It makes me sad :(

PS good morning ya'll

OP
OP
D i Z

D i Z

Oct 25, 2017
Where X marks the spot.
These dumb motherfuckers i swear
Given the concept I knew that this kind of shit was gonna go down.

-------

If you own the Gold edition or the Pharoas DLC, you should be given the option to insta boost to lvl. 45.
The game's level gating is the worst and is such a turn off from doing side stuff.
I'm not having a problem with leveling. It's just that a lot of the side quests outside of the main are kind of snorefests. I don't have the dlc, so maybe they addressed that there.

Last edited:

Dreams-Visions

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Literally can't see it. Because films like this are so indie and limited in their release.

There was only 1 showing in Miami on a Saturday evening this past weekend. And I had previous plans.

In fact that brings me to a larger point I want to make. I'm noticing a good number of Black films which are indie are getting the short end of distribution exposure.

It makes me sad :(

PS good morning ya'll
damn it. fortunately it was showing like 8 minutes from me in Boca Raton. They always seem to get the big (small) indie movies. It was also the only place I could see Apollo 11 and Moonlight.

Ojhe

Apr 13, 2018
Bronx
So here's a question for y'all; how do you feel when fanart, at least, of white skinned characters has them with darker skin tones? Not necessarily Tanned but actually brown or black skin.
An odd exaple of this, is I-No from Guilty Gear series, as one of her colour palletes also changes her skin tone

She has at least 2 color palletes in Xrd series where her skin tone is darker btw.
When me and my boys had a run at all the fighting games a year ago this was always the oddest but surely welcomed aspect of arc systems fighters for us. Almost all the fighters had a pallete that gave them brown/black skin. Some that even made them extremely pale.

It was odd to us at first but we didn't mind it in the slightest and used it so often that to those walking by it looked like we was playing some cell shaded Fight For NY LOL!

But for the fanart in general I don't quite have my head wrapped around it. Like I remember I used to go on Tumblr and see CLEARLY black versions of Naruto characters and I'd just be confused lol.

Forearm_Star

Oct 25, 2017
I had this discussion with Urban Scholar earlier in the week, but where do you consider safe places for black folks to travel? Or where have you gone and had great experiences?
Can’t say much on if I know for sure it’s a safe place for black folks, but I just got back from the Philippines and had an amazing time.

Could be the company I was with or the fact that they knew I was an American with money to spend, but everyone was super nice and super chill.

Myself and a few others in my group got stares from time to time but it was generally because folks were interested. Dude in my group kept going up to people and taking pictures with them.
(Lol)

I haven’t been outside the country besides Canada before this, so I’m really interested in where else you have discussed being good travel spots.

Tommcatt

Apr 26, 2019
Man, this epic games store stuff annoys me. I see people who post all these graphs that compare a ton of features, and all that so I understand how people feel but damn the response feels so disproportionate. Like today they announced refunds and people are talking about just killing Kickstarter in general and how this is somehow a slap in the face... I know it probably ain’t really a race thing but it just feels like there is so much more important shit happening that doesn’t get nearly the same level of conviction ( like I dunno the rampant racism in basically every gaming community).

Spinluck

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Damn, we out here trying to get people to empathize with old white racist people...

If only being racist was a thing you could control :'(

I've had discussions with these type of people before. It's a losing game man. Right-wing politics are close to cult status. People dying in Trump's name, smfh.