The Black Culture Community [OT 4] - Melanin and Estrogen - The new Kryptonite

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Just chiming in to say: You can still enjoy something while trash talking or critiquing its creator(s).

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I've come to kill your bandwidth with these big ass AC Origins screenshots that I took
An example of such is H. P. Lovecraft; you can enjoy his work and admire his writing style, but his work contains various racist elements and you can critique his work for containing them, or the creator themselves.

Urban Scholar

Oct 30, 2017
Miami, FL
I've come to kill your bandwidth with these big ass AC Origins screenshots that I took

An example of such is H. P. Lovecraft; you can enjoy his work and admire his writing style, but his work contains various racist elements and you can critique his work for containing them, or the creator themselves.
That's always a choice but I'm not keen on praising racists' work in any capacity.

Still not surprised so many white folks love name dropping Lovecraft.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
That's always a choice but I'm not keen on praising racists' work in any capacity.

Still not surprised so many white folks love name dropping Lovecraft.
Fair enough, I prob. should've used a video game example ^^;

Tizoc you didn't see anything wrong with Star and Eclipsa letting the bigoted villain go?
You mean
Queen Moon or Mina? ...or both? Yeah Mina's a mental case and they really should've locked her up or something. Various animated series lately do the 'forgive the comical villain' aspect but in this case they really shouldn't let her go esp. after all the chaos she could've done when she got magical weaponry.
If anything, they likely saw that her antics would be, what wethe viewers would describe as comical annoyances, but yeah, again, they should've locked her up.
Queen Moon was thirsty AND salty she lost her queendom, Star should've at least slapped her when it was over to remind her she dun fucked up.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Fair enough, I prob. should've used a video game example ^^;

You mean
Queen Moon or Mina? ...or both? Yeah Mina's a mental case and they really should've locked her up or something. Various animated series lately do the 'forgive the comical villain' aspect but in this case they really shouldn't let her go esp. after all the chaos she could've done when she got magical weaponry.
If anything, they likely saw that her antics would be, what wethe viewers would describe as comical annoyances, but yeah, again, they should've locked her up.
Queen Moon was thirsty AND salty she lost her queendom, Star should've at least slapped her when it was over to remind her she dun fucked up.
Both Mina and Moon

Kotto

Nov 3, 2017
You sit here on this American culture centered forum that has racial discussion threads on both Gaming and OT and you still don't know basic fucking stereotypes against black people and get all mad after derailing the thread with easily Google-able questions? Fuck outta here.

Shy

Oct 25, 2017
You sit here on this American culture centered forum that has racial discussion threads on both Gaming and OT and you still don't know basic fucking stereotypes against black people and get all mad after derailing the thread with easily Google-able questions? Fuck outta here.
Linky link.

Oct 27, 2017
Why is Xavier Woods the only black dude on most of these gaming podcasts? Between Easy Allies, Kinda Funny, IGN, etc none of these dudes have a black friend who can comfortably talk about gaming in front of a camera? Fuck's sake.

Shy

Oct 25, 2017
Why is Xavier Woods the only black dude on most of these gaming podcasts? Between Easy Allies, Kinda Funny, IGN, etc none of these dudes have a black friend who can comfortably talk about gaming in front of a camera? Fuck's sake.
That would first require them to have a black friend in the first place.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
I got used to seeing 10+ white gamers running stuff per platform/site/podcast with no black people
Funhaus,4 Player podcast,Easy Allies, Kinda Funny, IGN
You would think after the 7th they would consider a minority for once

I'm glad Jan got added into giantbomb after Austin left

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
I got used to seeing 10+ white gamers running stuff per platform/site/podcast with no black people
Funhaus,4 Player podcast,Easy Allies, Kinda Funny, IGN
You would think after the 7th they would consider a minority for once

I'm glad Jan got added into giantbomb after Austin left
couldn't really expected one on Kinda Funny when Colin was there