The Black Culture Community [OT 4] - Melanin and Estrogen - The new Kryptonite

Tommcatt

Apr 26, 2019
Sheva does not get enough love in the RE series, then again it is a game best played co-op as it lends to the combat with a front and back two soldier team taking on the enemies.

That game rubbed me the wrong way. A friend of mine and I were playing it but never finished. Is it as racist as we were feeling it was going to be?

Tommcatt

Apr 26, 2019
So I had a question. On a server I was in, I saw someone say to another person 'N word, I got work tmr" and they aren't black. They didn't use the word outright and were trying to say "N**GGA* but nonetheless should I still be bothered by the intent behind it and explain why they shouldn't use it?
I can't really tell you how you should feel, but that kinda stuff does bother me. It isn't cute in any situation. Now past the feelings I don't know what to tell you to do. Most of those types of people will hit you with "it's just a word" or "don't let the word offend you". If it's a close friend you can try talking but of not, might be best to report and ignore.

DragonSJG

Mar 4, 2019
I can't really tell you how you should feel, but that kinda stuff does bother me. It isn't cute in any situation. Now past the feelings I don't know what to tell you to do. Most of those types of people will hit you with "it's just a word" or "don't let the word offend you". If it's a close friend you can try talking but of not, might be best to report and ignore.
I said it bothers me and he said he wouldn;t do it anymore

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
That game rubbed me the wrong way. A friend of mine and I were playing it but never finished. Is it as racist as we were feeling it was going to be?
I guess you could say that. I didn't like how much you're shooting some of the infected enemies, but what weird me the eff out is how an antagonist speaks in a cartoony brooklyn accent. That shit is so random.
Hell a lot of the stuff in RE5 feel whack; Chris and Sheva are seeing some messed up biogenetic mutations going on and they aren't heavily shook by them.
Also Wesker going full anime.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Watching Family Reunion on Netflix, it's not a great show

It feels like... a TGIF show in the 90s and...honestly I'll take it. It's time we also got sugary sitcoms about nothing important.

Urban Scholar

Oct 30, 2017
Miami, FL

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Watching Family Reunion on Netflix, it's not a great show

It feels like... a TGIF show in the 90s and...honestly I'll take it. It's time we also got sugary sitcoms about nothing important.
Reading some Twitter discourse on this and folks bring up colorism and I'm like they wouldn't... then you see all the cranky older adults and all the quirky and lovable kids....

Ojhe

Apr 13, 2018
Bronx
Feel like I’m slipping back into depression. Lost my job back in May, missed the deadlines to go back to school this Fall., haven’t been in a solid relationship for 3 years now, stopped uploading videos to my YouTube due to lack on motivation to record. I’ve never felt so stagnant in my life.

This shit sucks. Honestly if my mom and sisters didn’t love me as much as they did I probably would’ve fallen back into my suicidal thoughts. Sorry to be a bummer but I just needed to share that somewhere.

Good evening though y’all

OP
OP
D i Z

D i Z

Oct 25, 2017
Where X marks the spot.
Feel like I’m slipping back into depression. Lost my job back in May, missed the deadlines to go back to school this Fall., haven’t been in a solid relationship for 3 years now, stopped uploading videos to my YouTube due to lack on motivation to record. I’ve never felt so stagnant in my life.

This shit sucks. Honestly if my mom and sisters didn’t love me as much as they did I probably would’ve fallen back into my suicidal thoughts. Sorry to be a bummer but I just needed to share that somewhere.

Hey, don't feel like you're alone in here dealing with this. More of us go through it than actually say.

Urban Scholar

Oct 30, 2017
Miami, FL

I'm sorry to hear friend, we always want to make sure that it's OK to share your thoughts. We all don't share what we go through all the time.

But we hope sharing or venting helps. I wish you well.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Spotify has created a playlist of 00's rock and rap that is too catered to my taste. Spotify is spying on me and i'm scared