The Black Culture Community [OT 4] - Melanin and Estrogen - The new Kryptonite

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Not 1 but TWO black fighting game characters without the nonsense

Dreads to bait Woolie but this amazing

Emperor_El

Oct 29, 2017
Was gonna say that I wanted a Jimmy McMillan mod for Leroy but turns out that nigga is a Republican and endorsed Trump so nevermind.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely, but I want Capcom to surprise me positively. It'll add to the three fingers on one hand they've done so with new characters for the past 20 years.
SFV has had a long streak of adding blond folks it became a meme
Don't expect much there. You could have returning folk but that's it

MVCI has the Marvel side and even added Black Panther. The Capcom side is even worse compared to SFV since they won't be creating new folk for the game but picking from existing ones

AgPhoenix

Oct 27, 2017

MVCI has the Marvel side and even added Black Panther. The Capcom side is even worse compared to SFV since they won't be creating new folk for the game but picking from existing ones
MvC:I Black Panther was a bargain basement Wolverine Tribute too. It's like they did 4 minutes of research.

AgPhoenix

Oct 27, 2017

King cobra is dead and replaced with Rufus

So Dudley and that's it. Par for the Course.

And Fuck Rufus even further. I would pay money to get his source code deleted.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Why people gonna throw ma boi Sean under the busblike that? Bad enough they cut hum in sf3 3s y'all gonna foeget him now ToT

Urban Scholar

Oct 30, 2017
Miami, FL
Hey Capcom, Clock is ticking.
Props to SNK for Dagger, but give us more.
I'm glad you mentioned Darling. Because it reminds me that dark skin is still "a new thing" for these devs. Despite you know going to events like Evo and seeing your fans also aren't pale.

Yeah it's cool we got other Black fighters. But it would be cooler of we got new Black female fighters.

Progress is better than no progress

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad you mentioned Darling. Because it reminds me that dark skin is still "a new thing" for these devs. Despite you know going to events like Evo and seeing your fans also aren't pale.

Yeah it's cool we got other Black fighters. But it would be cooler of we got new Black female fighters.

Progress is better than no progress

Punch planet

Urban Scholar

Oct 30, 2017
Miami, FL
Both Jacqui and Geras were in top 8 MK11 at EVO yesterday

MK11 is the best selling game of 2019 so far
I just want to make clear, I'm m not arguing with you and I'm not saying I'm not aware of these characters because I know them.

The point I want to make that I don't want confused here is why do other devs and games get away with the melanin deficiency? Like Smash (Nintendo), Capcom, etc. Though in Nintendo's case Arms was probably the most visible melanin they've had in a fighter.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
Design?gameplay?lore?
Looks cool and does insane amounts of damage. Also talks alot of shit and is immortal
Serves some chick tho
Yeah, his overall design doesn't "wow" me. Like I know what they were trying to achieve, but the design just screams "I'm just here for the moment." His gameplay revolving around using time is interesting, but I kinda soured on NRS' gameplay. Ditto with the current lore.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
I just want to make clear, I'm m not arguing with you and I'm not saying I'm not aware of these characters because I know them.

The point I want to make that I don't want confused here is why do other devs and games get away with the melanin deficiency? Like Smash, Capcom, etc.
Im with you with how little there is

Also Japan
These i showed were western and they are sually way better with these
Yeah, his overall design doesn't "wow" me. Like I know what they were trying to achieve, but the design just screams "I'm just here for the moment." His gameplay revolving around using time is interesting, but I kinda soured on NRS' gameplay. Ditto with the current lore.
He is a new character and who knows if he will return again
But seems popular enough at the moment
I like his design alot and dont like how they change Jacqui from X on the other hand

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
He is a new character and who knows if he will return again
But seems popular enough at the moment
I like his design alot and dont like how they change Jacqui from X on the other hand
Oddly enough, I'm okay with Jacqui's new look. Like they put slightly more thought into her design compared to X.

Mars

Oct 25, 2017

A much bigger spotlight on terrible practices within the games industry presented to a broader audience. Nice coverage.

AgPhoenix

Oct 27, 2017

A much bigger spotlight on terrible practices within the games industry presented to a broader audience. Nice coverage.
This was a great look into the Games Industry as it currently stands. From a labor standpoint, here's to hoping a change is coming as it is a major issue with gaming. One of several.