The Black Culture Community [OT 4] - Melanin and Estrogen - The new Kryptonite

Kreed

Oct 25, 2017
I just want to make clear, I'm m not arguing with you and I'm not saying I'm not aware of these characters because I know them.

The point I want to make that I don't want confused here is why do other devs and games get away with the melanin deficiency? Like Smash (Nintendo), Capcom, etc. Though in Nintendo's case Arms was probably the most visible melanin they've had in a fighter.
The problem with Smash vs Arms when it comes to the roster is that it's a "Nintendo fan" game, filled with characters from classic/recognizable Nintendo properties and classic/popular games from other gaming companies, vs brand new original characters like Twinelle. It's like Dragon Ball FighterZ that has characters from the Dragon Ball cartoons, only in Nintendo's case you're dealing with the entire company's library and history. So the bigger issue is Nintendo has little to no diverse human characters in their entire catalog that would fit the Smash Brothers roster they've created.

OP
OP
D i Z

D i Z

Oct 25, 2017
Where X marks the spot.
Last edited:

Shy

Oct 25, 2017
Well it goes deeper than that. This was done as one of the first orders when they took over. As well as hiding white nationalist groups from the terrorist listing. Reason one why they don't call white terrorists actual terrorists and can be prosecuted as such.
I post about it every once in a while, but it seems to go over peoples heads. Or people don't wanna believe it.
Yeah. I remember when that happened.

Beautiful.

[
Hoteps will do that to ya. I recommend a stiff ass drink to rinse that shit out.
Gonna have to drink a lot to recover from that.
You gotta elaborate on that.
I was at the mall and the guy called me over to clean my shoes or to get me to buy a shoe cleaning kit. I was like “nah I’m good, these are my martial arts shoes”. He asked what martial arts I do then we started talking about that stuff for a few minutes. Then he said something like “I know some things about martial arts that they probably haven’t taught you”. I played along and thought he was gonna show me some ancient technique he saw in a movie or something. But nope, he said “did you know that Black people taught karate to the Asians ?” I was like “nah how’d that happen?” Then he said “ancient Egyptians invented the first martial arts. They brought the martial arts to Emperor Ashoka in India who converted to Buddhism (idk what that has to do with the story). Then Ashoka sent the Egyptian monks who were also samurai to Japan and they taught the Japanese people about these things“

Therefore Ancient Egyptian Black Samurai Monks came from India and brought Karate to Japan .

His proof was a picture of some hieroglyphs showing 2 guys fighting..

Edit: my fault for being willing to have conversations with random people

Last edited:

Shy

Oct 25, 2017
I was at the mall and the guy called me over to clean my shoes or to get me to buy a shoe cleaning kit. I was like “nah I’m good, these are my martial arts shoes”. He asked what martial arts I do then we started talking about that stuff for a few minutes. Then he said something like “I know some things about martial arts that they probably haven’t taught you”. I played along and thought he was gonna show me some ancient technique he saw in a movie or something. But nope, he said “did you know that Black people taught karate to the Asians ?” I was like “nah how’d that happen?” Then he said “ancient Egyptians invented the first martial arts. They brought the martial arts to Emperor Ashoka in India who converted to Buddhism (idk what that has to do with the story). Then Ashoka sent the Egyptian monks who were also samurai to Japan and they taught the Japanese people about these things“

Therefore Ancient Egyptian Black Samurai Monks came from India and brought Karate to Japan .

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017

I bet dude really believed that he was being deep for dropping that "knowledge."

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
[

Gonna have to drink a lot to recover from that.

Guy must think tekken 7's leroy is some histroic reclamation or something :v

Urban Scholar

Oct 30, 2017
Miami, FL
The problem with Smash vs Arms when it comes to the roster is that it's a "Nintendo fan" game, filled with characters from classic/recognizable Nintendo properties and classic/popular games from other gaming companies, vs brand new original characters like Twinelle. It's like Dragon Ball FighterZ that has characters from the Dragon Ball cartoons, only in Nintendo's case you're dealing with the entire company's library and history. So the bigger issue is Nintendo has little to no diverse human characters in their entire catalog that would fit the Smash Brothers roster they've created.
Everything you said here I'm in agreement with.

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
Yoooo… WHAT WTF. And of course the comment section is full of entitled, cowardly fucking idiots. I'll give it to him and his wife for standing firm, and fuck, putting up with that. I'll never understand nor do I care to ever... how deplorable of a human shit stain you have to be to get upset over any of the decisions they made for a product they worked hard on.

The responses on the gaming side fall right in line too, just "cleaner" language. "Were just concerned gamers asking questions is all"...

Last edited:

Spinluck

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I am not sure why I torture myself by arguing with black republicans.

It's like arguing with a racist white person who had the abilities to shapeshift into anyone they wanted to so you can't actually call them out for what they are. Guess I should just be 'respectful' of their freedom from afar.

I should be over this shit. lol.

Yoooo… WHAT WTF. And of course the comment section is full of entitled, cowardly fucking idiots. I'll give it to him and his wife for standing firm, and fuck, putting up with that. I'll never understand nor do I care to ever... how deplorable of a human shit stain you have to be to get upset over any of the decisions they made for a product they worked hard on.

The responses on the gaming side fall right in line too, just "cleaner" language. "Were just concerned gamers asking questions is all"...
I have no idea what this entire debacle was about.

But it sounds awful.

Been tough to keep up with news this so far this month.

Last edited:

Urban Scholar

Oct 30, 2017
Miami, FL

A lot of these mfs aren't worth engaging with. Honestly if I was a dev I wouldn't bother with these people and cater to my logical thinking niche fanbase

Tommcatt

Apr 26, 2019
I am not sure why I torture myself by arguing with black republicans.

It's like arguing with a racist white person who had the abilities to shapeshift into anyone they wanted to so you can't actually call them out for what they are. Guess I should just be 'respectful' of their freedom from afar.
I can't do it anymore. It gets on my nerves because we've all seen the history of what republicans/conservatives/"moderates" do to us and we are currently living through more of it - and yet these people dig their heads in the sand or worse employ the "f you, got mine" mentality.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I'm so tired

I made a post on my Facebook today asking why it's a bigger offense to be called racist than be racist... and it was mostly going well until one person. Always one person who is just "asking questions" and wants to see "both sides"

Spinluck

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I can't do it anymore. It gets on my nerves because we've all seen the history of what republicans/conservatives/"moderates" do to us and we are currently living through more of it - and yet these people dig their heads in the sand or worse employ the "f you, got mine" mentality.
The ending part is pretty much true. Watched this Vice video on Latinos for Trump and that was the overwhelming sentiment as well. Compassion, empathy=weakness or you're not trying hard enough.
I don't have the patience to find common ground with black conservatives.
I need this gift.
I'm so tired

I made a post on my Facebook today asking why it's a bigger offense to be called racist than be racist... and it was mostly going well until one person. Always one person who is just "asking questions" and wants to see "both sides"
"How do know that it's racism?"

🤔