The Black Culture Community [OT 4] - Melanin and Estrogen - The new Kryptonite

Spinluck

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
RIP Shy. I'm missing why he was banned though.

Full disclosure though fam, I put in a one month ban request. Not really proud of how I've been carrying myself on the site lately as well as in real life so I'm gonna take a little break and sort things out and hopefully come back better.

I couldn't stand listening to the brunette woman on the top right.
Ooo I know which one you're talking about but perhaps I should elaborate. I was talking about this one.

That was more on me on flubbing the name of the video.

My hometown y'all

OP
OP
D i Z

D i Z

Oct 25, 2017
Where X marks the spot.
RIP Shy. I'm missing why he was banned though.

Full disclosure though fam, I put in a one month ban request. Not really proud of how I've been carrying myself on the site lately as well as in real life so I'm gonna take a little break and sort things out and hopefully come back better.

Ooo I know which one you're talking about but perhaps I should elaborate. I was talking about this one.

That was more on me on flubbing the name of the video.

My hometown y'all
If that's what you gotta do we support it always.

Spinluck

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Oh, my bad. I thought you were talking about the video about latino liberals and conservatives.
That was quite the watch as well. It's more of the same, though.

"This is how hard MY life was so if I can make it I don't see why anyone else can't!"

"Give them one handout and they will never stop begging!"

"The oppressed are never satisfied!"

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
That was quite the watch as well. It's more of the same, though.

"This is how hard MY life is so if I can make it I don't see why anyone else can't!"

"Give them one handout and they will never stop begging!"

"The oppressed are never satisfied!"
Ugh! it was absolutely disgusting. The afro latino woman's reactions was the highlight of the videos.

Static Shock

Coward
Oct 27, 2017
Florida

Slayven

You probably post about me on another board.
Oct 25, 2017
Slayven, could you recommend me some good Spider-Man comics? I'm trying to read all of Miles' stuff but I'm realizong that most of my Spidey knowledge is from cartoons, various spider-mam games, and the ultimate Spiderman runs.
Spiderman/Human Torch
Spiderman: Big Time
Spiderman: Manic Monday

Just off the top of my head

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Thank you, sir. Flying to Amazon now.
Jms spiderman run is pretty good too. Read it up until john romita jr leaves as artist from the series.

EDIT: This one
Or the omnibus edition

It's not Miles Morales but I don't recall many worthwhile series featuring him aside from his Ultimate comics debut series :X

skillzilla81

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Morning ya'll.

Black kid got shot in the back by cops a few days ago. I had a couple friends who witnessed it happen, and it's been crazy seeing the media lie about what happened. My mans was running away, they say he pulled out a gun, but he was shot in the back and died. Media has been working overtime to present the kid as a criminal, talking about his history and shit, like that matters in the moment he was shot.

There have been protests in the city. At one of them, outside the police station, the cops were openly laughing and mocking the protestors, including the family and mother of the man who died. Two white men on bikes pulled up to the protestors and pulled out guns and pointed them at a couple of my friends. In front of the police station. Cops took their time getting to them. They were taken in without incident, and then the news interviews these two white fucks and not anybody they were threatening.

Local newspaper got security camera video of the murder:

I haven't watched it, but just knowing what I know from friends...this is all so fucked up.

We out here hella scared.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman

You can make a black character, nice. Dunno if I want to get it so soon. Just an FYI if you're getting this, be prepared for glorious Eurojank~

Tommcatt

Apr 26, 2019
Jms spiderman run is pretty good too. Read it up until john romita jr leaves as artist from the series.

EDIT: This one
Or the omnibus edition

It's not Miles Morales but I don't recall many worthwhile series featuring him aside from his Ultimate comics debut series :X
Thank you, adding this to the list as well.

Nov 1, 2017
Morning ya'll.

Black kid got shot in the back by cops a few days ago. I had a couple friends who witnessed it happen, and it's been crazy seeing the media lie about what happened. My mans was running away, they say he pulled out a gun, but he was shot in the back and died. Media has been working overtime to present the kid as a criminal, talking about his history and shit, like that matters in the moment he was shot.

There have been protests in the city. At one of them, outside the police station, the cops were openly laughing and mocking the protestors, including the family and mother of the man who died. Two white men on bikes pulled up to the protestors and pulled out guns and pointed them at a couple of my friends. In front of the police station. Cops took their time getting to them. They were taken in without incident, and then the news interviews these two white fucks and not anybody they were threatening.

I haven't watched it, but just knowing what I know from friends...this is all so fucked up.

I'm sorry you're having to deal with this right now. Try to keep your head up to the best of your ability. Got anything you normally do at times like this that helps?

OP
OP
D i Z

D i Z

Oct 25, 2017
Where X marks the spot.
Morning ya'll.

Jesus. I have no words. Seems like a powder keg about to explode so be sure, safe, and secure.

You could just take a break. No need to go out like this.

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
You could just take a break. No need to go out like this.
Eh. It's been a long time coming. The Beef ban should've been the final straw. I've been less frequent since then anyway.

---------------------

Figures.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D i Z

D i Z

Oct 25, 2017
Where X marks the spot.
Eh. It's been a long time coming. The Beef ban should've been the final straw. I've been less frequent since then anyway.

---------------------

Figures.

I can dig it. Beef getting clapped and shat on like he was cemented a couple of things for me also.

skillzilla81

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry you're having to deal with this right now. Try to keep your head up to the best of your ability. Got anything you normally do at times like this that helps?
I write, I run, hit the gym. I'm going to be starting my MA soon, so I'll be plenty busy. Would like to go protest, but not with white people pulling guns and not getting punished for it.

My wife is probably more worried than I am. I run outside one day a week, and I make sure to go to an area where there are tons of black folks to do it. But she's still scared somebody will see a black dude running and be stupid about it.

Jesus. I have no words. Seems like a powder keg about to explode so be sure, safe, and secure.
Yeah, always hurts, but hurts worse when it's close to home. Hoping it plays out different here, but 99% sure it won't.

The worst part is seeing friends posts pop up on news articles and being forced to see racist shit for the second it takes to hide whatever newsfeed it is.

Nov 1, 2017
I write, I run, hit the gym. I'm going to be starting my MA soon, so I'll be plenty busy. Would like to go protest, but not with white people pulling guns and not getting punished for it.

My wife is probably more worried than I am. I run outside one day a week, and I make sure to go to an area where there are tons of black folks to do it. But she's still scared somebody will see a black dude running and be stupid about it.

Yeah, always hurts, but hurts worse when it's close to home. Hoping it plays out different here, but 99% sure it won't.

The worst part is seeing friends posts pop up on news articles and being forced to see racist shit for the second it takes to hide whatever newsfeed it is.
Yeah my fiancee worries about me going to protest all of the time when I go. Things got to be a little much for me which is why I took a break from posting for awhile. It always us worse when it's close because then you know some of the people you pass by, work with, etc don't care and are likely supportive of the racism you're witnessing.

Glad you got some things to take your mind off of it when you need to. Good luck on the MA program.

Urban Scholar

Oct 30, 2017
Miami, FL

Hey man I'm sorry about what's going on truly. I can't imagine what these feelings are evoking. I hope you're able to allow yourself moments of rest mentally and spiritually when you can.

In regards to running, as an avid runner as few thoughts. I never run outside. I run indoors & I know that's boring. But given the dynamics of reality nope.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I like Leroy.
He looks like an aged Bruce Leeroy after having assimilated the glow into his body instead of manifesting it around himself.