The Black Culture Community [OT 4] - Melanin and Estrogen - The new Kryptonite

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Balthier is kind of the opposite where he reads like a cultured and travelled man with lots of experience, wisdom and history but is like 22.

Edit: Oh, I guess Basch is 36 so his portrayal actually isn't that off.
Japan does not like getting old :V
I just age certain characters 10 years older, so Basch is in his 40s, Balthier is in his 30s.

Faustek

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah looking forward to that game too myself :3
Yes, heh sorry btw. Don't know you caught it but happened to @ you. Apparently instead of using widgets you can just post steam as a media link 😂

Yeah Balthier being 22 is unrealistic when his character reads like he should be like 30-34.

Oh God look y'all

Only time I ever used measurements is when baking something I barely ever make.

This to name an example and damn was it good. Gonna try that with mango and one with pineapple later on.

Faustek

Oct 26, 2017
So I'm wondering about black characters in Japanese video games. Maybe just fighting games.
Just me or has this year had more of em? Is it a trend? Might it be because during the years more and more high profile black people have taken the stage at these games? They finally see that negroes play their games and they try to cater to that market? Can't really see black panther doing it all. Maybe not anything. Uncle Denzel been pretty popular over there.

Kreed

Oct 25, 2017
Having a Black token character has been thing since Balrog/M.Bison and Dee Jay. But in most fighting games you just get 1 or 2, and it's usually a male character. Black Women have been slowly increasing though.

Faustek

Oct 26, 2017
Having a Black token character has been thing since Balrog/M.Bison and Dee Jay. But in most fighting games you just get 1 or 2, and it's usually a male character. Black Women have been slowly increasing though.
Token indeed, when I think about it can be that I have cultivated my niggereyes to another peak and see all black or the fact that it's easier to reach out with this information today. Why it feels like I see more black characters. I have taken this under consideration as well.
Might also be hope but it feels as just maybe, just maybe the fighting games and indie devs are seeing more than just the European standard.

Leroy Smith, that is a black as fuck name. That dude from Guilty gear, that Sword wielding chick and others. I have some hope again.

Faustek

Oct 26, 2017
Heres the new Miss South Africa y'all, she beat all those expensive weave wearing girls rocking the fade

Nothing against weaves and damn she fine.
Evening. Y'all good?

So HBO has Craig of the Creek here. Started watching. This some good shit. I can see myself just smiling on end.

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
Giantbomb podcast: "Make fun of current popular culture; Genuinely discuss how awesome a Weird AL concert is for 10+ mins..."

I find their E3/industry chats fairly interesting but I need a solid gaming podcast that isn't a bunch of middle aged white dudes who can't seem to be non-cynical OR over-the-top, "genuinely" excited about everything damn thing to point where I can't tell if its an endorsement/advertisement *looks at Easy Allies*. Or just a gaming podcast with a nice mix of PoC/Women I guess -- I know that's an incredibly tall order. I should give waypoint a go... but they haven't uploaded new content since E3...

bobbychalkers

Oct 26, 2017
Giantbomb podcast: "Make fun of current popular culture; Genuinely discuss how awesome a Weird AL concert is for 10+ mins..."

I find their E3/industry chats fairly interesting but I need a solid gaming podcast that isn't a bunch of middle aged white dudes who can't seem to be non-cynical OR over-the-top, "genuinely" excited about everything damn thing to point where I can't tell if its an endorsement/advertisement *looks at Easy Allies*. Or just a gaming podcast with a nice mix of PoC/Women I guess -- I know that's an incredibly tall order. I should give waypoint a go... but they haven't uploaded new content since E3...
Waypoint podcast is still around but they got folded into Vice and operate under Vice Games. Spawn On Me is solid too.

Kreed

Oct 25, 2017

Production is now underway on Concrete Cowboys, with Idris Elba starring with Stranger Things‘ Caleb McLaughlin. Also starring is Jharrel Jerome, who is freshly Emmy nominated for Ava DuVernay’s When They See Us; Lorraine Toussaint (The Village); and Byron Bowers (The Chi). Elba is coming off a strong opening weekend for the Fast & Furious spinoff Hobbs & Shaw.

The film is inspired by the real-life Fletcher Street Stables, a black urban horsemanship community which has existed in Philadelphia for more than 100 years providing a safe haven for the neighborhood. Pic is also inspired by the novel Ghetto Cowboy by Greg Neri. Concrete Cowboys follows 15-year-old Cole (McLaughlin) who is taken to live with his estranged father Harp (Elba) in North Philadelphia, where he discovers the city’s vibrant urban cowboy subculture, which flourishes despite the surrounding poverty, violence, and encroachment of gentrification.

Forearm_Star

Oct 25, 2017
Sup folks!

Is there any good PoC YouTube channels? I recently got into Marques Brownlee’s tech review YouTube channel and was hoping to find something similar for games.

Urban Scholar

Oct 30, 2017
Miami, FL

Sup folks!

Is there any good PoC YouTube channels? I recently got into Marques Brownlee’s tech review YouTube channel and was hoping to find something similar for games.
Hmm where still at a point where we don't have enough shine on PoC focused Podcasts & YouTube channels.

For another gaming podcast I'd like to recommend: spawn on me

A gaming YouTube channel:

Lady Pelvic

I personslly don't like gaming or tech related podcast/YouTube channels that has like 1 PoC/racial minority in a group.

But you all reminded me. I'll ask Twitter for PoC podcasts, twitch, & YouTube channels.

I'll share the thread here when I do it

Mansa Mufasa

Jun 17, 2019

Easy Allies have the best Podcast in the industry IMO

Faustek

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah a Black Lady Sketchshow might be one of the best things in a while.
And sneaky, didn't notice it but friend pointed it out. All black.

Faustek

Oct 26, 2017
So I don't get it. Seen so much shit around Oprah and Gayle doing that. I ain't bothered. I ain't see it. I don't see why I should or why I should be upset for two older black ladies having fun.

Faustek

Oct 26, 2017
That commentator getting flak 😂

But yeah, someone else said it but if black men could get over ourselves* we would have tons of lil black boys being awesome at gymnastics.
Only thing really stopping black lip girls and boys is access to facilities and the price for it.

Edit: I'm part of the fuckery. Need to be better.

Last edited: