The Black Culture Community [OT 4] - Melanin and Estrogen - The new Kryptonite

Big Baybee

Oct 27, 2017
This Jay-Z shit is hitting me hard. I was never a fan of this dude but I didn’t expect this. Bruh. At least we still have LeBron for now.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman

Hmm, dunno if this'd interest any of y'all but I just found out about it. One of the main characters is black.

Faustek

Oct 26, 2017
So Numb when you gonna teach me or at least give me some instructions for some Somali food.
Can't be making Sambosa or Lamb Surbibibii something rice.
Gonna have the little ones and I'm thinking of making something I usually don't. Already bought a few new pushpans and medkim sized ramekins just so I can bake more for/with em.

Meanwhile in utter garbage...

You know. I ain't dead yet. That shit got me mad. That whole thread. Jebas, that dude is so fucking garbage.

This Jay-Z shit is hitting me hard. I was never a fan of this dude but I didn’t expect this. Bruh. At least we still have LeBron for now.
Nah, bet money he gonna turn out to be an Alien Alien acting like a back man. Go full on Space Dolezal.

I'm just so damn disappointed. All the time.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
So Numb when you gonna teach me or at least give me some instructions for some Somali food.
Can't be making Sambosa or Lamb Surbibibii something rice.
Gonna have the little ones and I'm thinking of making something I usually don't. Already bought a few new pushpans and medkim sized ramekins just so I can bake more for/with em.

You know. I ain't dead yet. That shit got me mad. That whole thread. Jebas, that dude is so fucking garbage.

Nah, bet money he gonna turn out to be an Alien Alien acting like a back man. Go full on Space Dolezal.

I'm just so damn disappointed. All the time.
I consume. I don't create. That's my mom's job

Read this book tho but didn't attempt any

Faustek

Oct 26, 2017
Meh, I'll make some fried chilli plantains and fufu and gravy. They love gravy and fufu...and it's easy to make 😂

Urban Scholar

Oct 30, 2017
Miami, FL
Iceborne added black hair?
cool
Been using the bounty girl's hairstyle

Someone at capcom bought nba 2k before iceborne launched

Yes and no. Rather they have hair that certainly looks like Black hairstyles.

But like the NPC you showed that's not Black hair texture. Kinda like Barett in the new FF7. He has a high top but his hair isn't Black texture

Yes the effort is appreciated. But things like curly, kinky hair in games like these? That'll never be seen until Black folks have major development positions.

I'm talking box braids being properly rendered lmao.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Yes and no. Rather they have hair that certainly looks like Black hairstyles.

But like the NPC you showed that's not Black hair texture.

Yes the effort is appreciated. But things like curly, kinky hair. That'll never be seen until Blacl folks have major development positions.
Capcom is now on the half and half hairstyle
They have one for Laura from Street Fighter aswell

Went and gave my character an afro.

Urban Scholar

Oct 30, 2017
Miami, FL
Capcom is now on the half and half hairstyle
They have one for Laura from Street Fighter aswell

Went and gave my character an afro.
Yeah I seen it

To further my point of sBlack hair texture. But that's so "new" concept, outside of low cut fades, bald, the same kinda braids, weren't not going to see much explored until later or sooner maybe

But again like I said it's appreciated

Kreed

Oct 25, 2017
Entertainers are going to be entertainers. Jay-Z doesn't know nearly enough about social issues to be speaking about them, so it shouldn't surprise anyone that Jay is stumbling over himself trying to speak on something other than hip hop music for older hip hop fans. LeBron, Kendrick, Will Smith, Idris Elba, etc... they all could have been in this situation just as easily if they attempted what Jay-Z did without the knowledge needed/without people more knowledgable to help.

Urban Scholar

Oct 30, 2017
Miami, FL
What in the hell is going on this year
If we're to be honest with ourselves, anti Blackness is year round thing. In this particular case, we see Jay Z trying to cut into the money hopefully with NFL owners. But at the same time we see punishment of our Blackness along the way.

It's a lot,

Also damn this is a statement for our trans sisters that have been lost this year.

Spinluck

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Florida

This has been my feel good anime of the year.

I got around to Blackkklansman as well and loved it. Going to watch The Hate You Give later today.

Hope all is well with y'all.

fruity20

Aug 5, 2019
HI! I'm new here! I'm Nigerian American but did grow up in a mostly black neighborhood and school. I'm kinda into a lot of stuff like animation and art so If anyone is into that hit me up.

I'm currently in college majoring in biology both the school's been closed for a while due to hurricane Dorian....God that sucks. So how are you guys doing?

Urban Scholar

Oct 30, 2017
Miami, FL
Got used to no rep in games but even in games where you create a character they still don't even bother to include decent options most of the time
Yep and most of the time, options are added post launch. Things are improving slowly but when we are remembered right off the bat?

Like say the movie industry it'll take us being in full creative leadership roles.

Faustek

Oct 26, 2017
It's kinda weird tho. Outside of 2k it's these Japanese companies that try.
Would expect an American company before a European and a European before a Japanese company to try.
And a Chinese company to just copy what was popular. Yes, I'm still laughing at that Weeb Zelda on ps4.

HI! I'm new here! I'm Nigerian American but did grow up in a mostly black neighborhood and school. I'm kinda into a lot of stuff like animation and art so If anyone is into that hit me up.

I'm currently in college majoring in biology both the school's been closed for a while due to hurricane Dorian....God that sucks. So how are you guys doing?
Oh you new New, welcome.

Urban Scholar

Oct 30, 2017
Miami, FL
It's kinda weird tho. Outside of 2k it's these Japanese companies that try.
Would expect an American company before a European and a European before a Japanese company to try.
And a Chinese company to just copy what was popular. Yes, I'm still laughing at that Weeb Zelda on ps4.

Oh you new New, welcome.
That's...woah yeah :/ it's priorities.

I like this A LOT.