• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

The Black Culture Community [OT 4] - Melanin and Estrogen - The new Kryptonite

Urban Scholar

Oct 30, 2017
Miami, FL
I'm so glad Kamala/ Ms Marvel is in the Avengers game. I liked how this video introduces us to her voice actresses whom comes from a similar background.

Last edited:

Static Shock

Coward
Oct 27, 2017
Florida
I just got into the most bizarre argument with a co-worker. He's a cool dude most of the time but is also that type of coworker that looks at what everyone else is doing and bitches about it or shits on some of the lazier people. But if you even come at him suggesting he may have messed up he gets crazy defensive and argumentative. This cat started yelling me at and I was like c'mon bruh lol chill.

You would think someone who had so much shit to sling at everyone else would hold his work ethic to a higher standard. All I said was our team couple do better and that included me.
I have this same person at my job. I just stopped talking to her. You can talk about the weather and she will flip the conversation about how so-and-so did or didn't do so-and-so. But the MINUTE someone says she does something wrong or even a small criticism for what she does, she wont yell but she will get SUPER quiet and will get defensive or overcompensate for the criticism while complaining to others about the criticism. Just avoid toxic people like that unless you gotta do work related project with them.

EDIT: now that I remember, she actually got kicked out from a branch to my current branch cause she people there got tired of hearing her complain about how lazy one of her coworkers were.

who is disabled...

The dark age is upon us. Can't wait to hear what black wrestler they gonna have do the job in February.
Or which black wrestler will get the next dancing gimmick to make Vince laugh.

Last edited:

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Kofi had it for a minute tho i thought this would happen way earlier and in a worse way even
5 secs is real tho

Mansa Mufasa

Jun 17, 2019
Just moved cities. Living on my own for the first time. Im 28. Am I foolish for not feeling as scared as I think I should be?

jacket

Oct 25, 2017

Tommcatt

Apr 26, 2019
Good afternoon y'all, how is everyone doing? I'm finally feeling like a good student and getting work done before the last minute.

Shy

Oct 25, 2017

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
I'm so glad Kamala/ Ms Marvel is in the Avengers game. I liked how this video introduces us to her voice actresses whom comes from a similar background.

This is a master stroke from that studio. I said this in the gaming side topic but I was barely interested in the game before this announcement and now it's up there on my most anticipated.

Urban Scholar

Oct 30, 2017
Miami, FL
Fuck...

Tired of pasty diet white surpemacist, cheeto dust infested comic nerds getting mad about "why do y'all have to point out that she's a minority? It's so unnecessary."

Shut up.
Life as a racist must be a pain for the blood pressure.

This is a master stroke from that studio. I said this in the gaming side topic but I was barely interested in the game before this announcement and now it's up there on my most anticipated.
Exactly, now it's not just white super heroes the adventure game 2020. But I'm need to see more

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Don't know if it's already been mentioned but I just came across the news that Efi from Overwatch is getting a young adult novel about her. I'm actually really glad that Efi hasn't been completely buried or resigned to obscurity in the canon of Overwatch. It would have been so easy to never mention her again since she isn't playable in the game but she thankfully is kept as a significant character in the game's world.

Emperor_El

Oct 29, 2017

At the National Soft-Shoe Convention, Trump tore into Van Jones for not praising him enough. Turns out he might've been thinking of John Legend.

Spinluck

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I have this same person at my job. I just stopped talking to her. You can talk about the weather and she will flip the conversation about how so-and-so did or didn't do so-and-so. But the MINUTE someone says she does something wrong or even a small criticism for what she does, she wont yell but she will get SUPER quiet and will get defensive or overcompensate for the criticism while complaining to others about the criticism. Just avoid toxic people like that unless you gotta do work related project with them.

EDIT: now that I remember, she actually got kicked out from a branch to my current branch cause she people there got tired of hearing her complain about how lazy one of her coworkers were.

who is disabled...
It's wild this guy is the same except he turns his chair at me and start yelling at me like he wants to square up lol. I don't even yell back I'm like dude-- chill lol. I just said our team can't keep half of assing things or we end up getting way behind again. He gave me this speech about how this job was his lively hood and that he uses the money to take care of his parents. How was I supposed to know that? All I said was our team "myself included" got complacent after catching up then got behind again. He took that as me personally attacking ONLY his work ethic and family?

It wasn't like he was having a bad day he just snapped. You're right though, I'll keep to myself. I have shit going on but don't be disrespecting anyone like that 🤷🏿‍♂️. I mind my business at work and he's always the one shitting on people but come Monday I'm gonna leave it alone. As you said: toxic.

Just moved cities. Living on my own for the first time. Im 28. Am I foolish for not feeling as scared as I I think I should be?
It's awesome tbh. Where did you move to?

Tommcatt

Apr 26, 2019
Does anyone here happen to garden? I'm growing strawberries right now but I'm worried about seasonal changes and their well-being. I don't want my little leafy babies to die - they're so cute.

Faustek

Oct 26, 2017
Considering going into work late. Do something from home instead and just drop in when the meetings start. Actually Imma do just that.

Faustek

Oct 26, 2017
You won't get into trouble for that ?
Nah, have it really flexible. The only things I really havr to show up for are the big week meetings. Then I can basically give any made up excuse to not show.
But imma tell you I can be at work from two at night to two at night. If shit hit the fan and we need people in responsibility positions I'm there.

Mansa Mufasa

Jun 17, 2019
It's wild this guy is the same except he turns his chair at me and start yelling at me like he wants to square up lol. I don't even yell back I'm like dude-- chill lol. I just said our team can't keep half of assing things or we end up getting way behind again. He gave me this speech about how this job was his lively hood and that he uses the money to take care of his parents. How was I supposed to know that? All I said was our team "myself included" got complacent after catching up then got behind again. He took that as me personally attacking ONLY his work ethic and family?

It wasn't like he was having a bad day he just snapped. You're right though, I'll keep to myself. I have shit going on but don't be disrespecting anyone like that 🤷🏿‍♂️. I mind my business at work and he's always the one shitting on people but come Monday I'm gonna leave it alone. As you said: toxic.

It's awesome tbh. Where did you move to?
Montreal. Dont speak a lick of French but my company offers French Lessons. This is the first time I've moved out and Im surprised at how OCD I've become.