• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

The Black Culture Community [OT 4] - Melanin and Estrogen - The new Kryptonite

OP
OP
D i Z

D i Z

Oct 25, 2017
Where X marks the spot.
Wow (hehe get it) but nah yikes

Bliz are the whipping boys for the foreseeable future, but this is shit we've been yelling about for years and they ignored us.
It's funny to see people get on their horses about the China thing.... until Diablo 4 was announced and now they want their accounts back.
Spineless, self indulgent, ain't about a goddamn thing ass people.
I've butted heads with one of the hosts on DLC podcast for attempting to erase POC strife and pulling a "as a white man I get hate for going to whole foods from the nerds"
but when he basically went all principals and peoples lives that need support are yesterdays thing, but he wants the game more i was like damn, White America strike again.

Emperor_El

Oct 29, 2017

The Mark in me wanted to see Dio throw down.
The Smark in me knew that was never gonna happen.
The Weeb in me wanted see him get up from the F5 and strike a pose.

Urban Scholar

Oct 30, 2017
Miami, FL
Bliz are the whipping boys for the foreseeable future, but this is shit we've been yelling about for years and they ignored us.
It's funny to see people get on their horses about the China thing.... until Diablo 4 was announced and now they want their accounts back.
I've butted heads with one of the hosts on DLC podcast for attempting to erase POC strife and pulling a "as a white man I get hate for going to whole foods from the nerds"
but when he basically went all principals and peoples lives that need support are yesterdays thing, but he wants the game more i was like damn, White America strike again.
Fam hold on what? A white man really used going to whole foods as a talking point in regards to minority erasure?

What??

Last edited:

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Never trust gamers to be allies or voice of support in such political stuff
I am slowly phasing out blizzard games myself but they also are part of activision who own crash and spyro xp
Ah why must legal transactions involve shitbags xp
So far ive not broken my thq stance and thatd likely go on for the foreseeable future

Urban Scholar

Oct 30, 2017
Miami, FL
Never trust gamers to be allies or voice of support in such political stuff
I am slowly phasing out blizzard games myself but they also are part of activision who own crash and spyro xp
Ah why must legal transactions involve shitbags xp
So far ive not broken my thq stance and thatd likely go on for the foreseeable future
I like to point out it isn't a "gamers" thing that word is literally applied to us, devs, & journalists. It's a so the majority thinks kinda thing, like all other aspects of society.

I know you're on PC but on console it would be easier to buy games used, so you can play them & not support them.

But hey as it comes down to the fact these folks keep reminding us; that the game's industry is so overtly white & doesn't recognize marginalized issues, you can still buy what you like & hold them accountable

Kreed

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone notice how when the news covers racism stories about Black people (for example cops killing unarmed Black people or Black kids getting attacked/arrested at school by school officials/officers) that the moment a non Black victim appears in a similar crime, the news erases all mention of the racism against Black people part of the previous stories?

Urban Scholar

Oct 30, 2017
Miami, FL
Anyone notice how when the news covers racism stories about Black people (for example cops killing unarmed Black people or Black kids getting attacked/arrested at school by school officials/officers) that the moment a non Black victim appears in a similar crime, the news erases all mention of the racism against Black people part of the previous stories?
Of course, it what the news does. How much are our Black lives worth to them.

Tommcatt

Apr 26, 2019
Of course I had to tweet it

Slightly unrelated but related

I still remember when people would bring up how Marvel was brave enough to have a talking raccoon and an anthromorphic tree while DC was struggling.

And the whole while I was like cool... But they won't let a black person or even a white woman have a leading role so how brave can they really be?

OP
OP
D i Z

D i Z

Oct 25, 2017
Where X marks the spot.

Now to be clear on how I'm framing this one as much as I enjoy their works, these are the same group of white people that have had a member do black face, a white woman vo'ing a black South African (Uncharted 4 and spin off), and her husband Vo'ing a Native American (though there was not much native about the InFamous Second Son characters). The thread explains why that is relevant.

OP
OP
D i Z

D i Z

Oct 25, 2017
Where X marks the spot.
OK. Guest bathroom done, now it's the kitchen sink that needs to be cut the fuck out and re-tiled, and some kind folks that need to come pick up these heavy ass old tvs and get them out of here.

Urban Scholar

Oct 30, 2017
Miami, FL

Now to be clear on how I'm framing this one as much as I enjoy their works, these are the same group of white people that have had a member do black face, a white woman vo'ing a black South African (Uncharted 4 and spin off), and her husband Vo'ing a Native American (though there was not much native about the InFamous Second Son characters). The thread explains why that is relevant.
This was a good thread thanks for sharing. I'm not really interested in their work because it very much what I'm not into. A bunch of non marginalized people with privilege and access whom unless I'm wrong I don't see pushing diversity or inclusion. Someone is going to have to correct me on that one of I'm wrong.

But yeah the sentiment of these opportunities not being given to marginalized people is fact. It really sucks, when he made that point of how people behave and what not. I think of how you these industries and space won't allow for the loud minorities.

Thanks again for sharing

Tommcatt

Apr 26, 2019
Why are so many PC gamers on this board always acting like they are being persecuted? I mean I guess it happens everywhere. But like damn you really can't go like five feet without them bemoaning how console gamers just don't get it or some such, or how the board is console-centric. Just feels so extra.

OP
OP
D i Z

D i Z

Oct 25, 2017
Where X marks the spot.
Why are so many PC gamers on this board always acting like they are being persecuted? I mean I guess it happens everywhere. But like damn you really can't go like five feet without them bemoaning how console gamers just don't get it or some such, or how the board is console-centric. Just feels so extra.

That's just what they do. Been that way forever. As your lawyer, I advise not fuckin' with em and just going about your day. Some folk you just can't save.

--------

Last edited: