• To celebrate the release of Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Steam, Xbox Games Studios has provided 5 Steam copies of the game and 5 Xbox One copies of the game! We will be giving these away in the Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Some Steam copies will also be given away to the PC Gaming Era community.
  • An old favorite feature returns: Q&ERA is back! This time we'll be collecting questions for Remedy Entertainment, makers of Max Payne, Alan Wake, Quantum Break, and Control. Members can submit questions for the next 3 days, 5 hours, 50 minutes, 51 seconds. Submissions will close on Dec 12, 2019 at 12:00 AM.

The Black Culture Community [OT 4] - Melanin and Estrogen - The new Kryptonite

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Those starting outfits for female characters though
I made a dude so I did not see. But given my "magic assigned by fate girl friend character who helps the main character with a weird name
" character is wearing rags and tape, I imagine this isnt good

This isn't mentioning the rest female character of the npc designs , two of which are uh....woo boy I got to a scene where those two characters talk and the game basically says "no yeah these characters are for who you think they are for".

I'm waiting for it to go on sell. I really liked the character creator
Its on sale on steam now and I got it. But I guess you mean more on sale?

Last edited:

Ojhe

Apr 13, 2018
Bronx
I feel like u couldve worded snd formatted your argument better mind you.
I'll admit I could've. It seemed like a lot of people seemed to think I was asking why we mainly see white male protagonist so I probably wasn't clear enough. Everybody was getting hung up on one of my 3 Pokemon examples being Japanese and Star Wars for some reason though so I just asked for the thread closure.

The best way I could think of my question is. In a game where you can create a character why are white men the only demographic represented in the marketing/canon.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
This is a pretty good start. Anything I add would be pretty grim like the Tulsa massacre.
Actually, second thought, there a ton of black authors, pioneering engineers and inventors you can reference as well.
Maybe covering groups like the BPP or the War on Drugs. Only things I can think of going off of the trend of your list.
Thanks to both of you. That's a big help. I especially like the idea of covering more black engineers and inventors (we only really talk about authors and musicians) and the BPP once we get to California.

Merc_

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for this my guy, It’s kind of what I figured but I just wanted to see what’s the general consensus. Ended up getting a lot of bad faith thrown my way instead. After what happened with sea lion and their threads I should’ve expected as much honestly.
God help us if we ever get a Pokemon game based off some region of Africa. That'll probably be a shitfest to rival the old San Andreas or Mafia 3 reveal threads.

Urban Scholar

Oct 30, 2017
Miami, FL
Its on sale on steam now and I got it. But I guess you mean more on sale?
Console only & a laptop that plays low end indie game here lol.

God help us if we ever get a Pokemon game based off some region of Africa. That'll probably be a shitfest to rival the old San Andreas or Mafia 3 reveal threads.
I personally really doubt that we'll ever have a Pokemon game in somewhere like an African region.

Because that would require a profuse work on undoing a ton of antiblackness bias built into the mind. & so many other things

Kotto

Nov 3, 2017
About a third of this site will be banned if they revealed a Pokemon game to be somewhere in Africa.

Oct 27, 2017
Console only & a laptop that plays low end indie game here lol.

I personally really doubt that we'll ever have a Pokemon game in somewhere like an African region.

Because that would require a profuse work on undoing a ton of antiblackness bias built into the mind. & so many other things
Also let’s be real, game freak would most definitely have a few racially insensitive pokes and people would rush to say” but they are Japanese and they don’t know any better “

I can see the Pokémon wearing a tribal mask or carrying a spear right now

Oct 25, 2017
White gamers really still be out here with the insane infantilizing racist as fuck "aw shucks them there Japanese just don't know any better" takes. Like how are we still doing this.
--
I will never get over everybody just shrugging their shoulders at resident evil 5, that was some should probably sink a company level shit

Kotto

Nov 3, 2017
Also let’s be real, game freak would most definitely have a few racially insensitive pokes and people would rush to say” but they are Japanese and they don’t know any better “

I can see the Pokémon wearing a tribal mask or carrying a spear right now
Yup. Look at Pokemon like Jynx.

GF would need to hire a black person or anyone with some sense to keep the designers on some type of leash. That goes for lore as well. Like, I can see them having the villain team have some version of child soldiers.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Trish's disguise in dmc4 makes no sense to me
Why did she have to specifically disguise as a black woman for.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
If i hadn't heard his voice in the game, I would not have known that the character was intended to be black

Yet their skin tone is more on the lighter side :v

Urban Scholar

Oct 30, 2017
Miami, FL
Trish's disguise in dmc4 makes no sense to me
Why did she have to specifically disguise as a black woman for.
The simplest answer I can form is, let's be different. So what does that mean? "Exotic" (I hate this word) so that means darker skin, her being sexier, & a different person. The other defaults to people tanning and etc to do such. I.e attain features that aren't natural to them. All for our well established white female character.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
The simplest answer I can form is, let's be different. So what does that mean? "Exotic" (I hate this word) so that means darker skin, her being sexier, & a different person. The other defaults to people tanning and etc to do such. I.e attain features that aren't natural to them. All for our well established white female character.
The main villain of Hyrule Warriors was revealed to the dark side of one of the supporting characters.

Tommcatt

Apr 26, 2019
One day a certain poster will stop complaining that some people don't like Finn's treatment in the last two Star Wars movies. Today I'm proud not to take the bait.

Urban Scholar

Oct 30, 2017
Miami, FL
I saw in the summary of the LGBT issues thread last week on era that mods will make an effort to help this place be better for marginalized groups.

Mannnnn I'll see when they'll ask us. *has reason to doubt*

Last edited: