• It's the most wonderful time of the year! Make your list and check it twice. The ResetEra Games of the Year 2019 Voting Thread is now live. Voting will be open for the next 7 days, 12 hours, 44 minutes, 10 seconds, and will close on Jan 26, 2020 at 9:00 AM.

The Black Culture Community [OT 4] - Melanin and Estrogen - The new Kryptonite

Tommcatt

Apr 26, 2019
Why would you refund a gift tho?

And what was it?
Well I'd gotten Planet Zoo for my Significant Other - but they wanted something else instead. So I decided to refund it and use the money towards another gift for them. Which wasn't so bad. But that purchase earned a winter sale coupon. I used it on a transaction that had Gorn and Hades. When I refunded Planet Zoo it automatically reimbursed those purchases as well.

Sort of wish it'd just asked me to pay the difference from the sale price. Now I've missed out on the free copy of Pyre and it hurts my little gamer-couponer soul.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Well I'd gotten Planet Zoo for my Significant Other - but they wanted something else instead. So I decided to refund it and use the money towards another gift for them. Which wasn't so bad. But that purchase earned a winter sale coupon. I used it on a transaction that had Gorn and Hades. When I refunded Planet Zoo it automatically reimbursed those purchases as well.

Sort of wish it'd just asked me to pay the difference from the sale price. Now I've missed out on the free copy of Pyre and it hurts my little gamer-couponer soul.
Contact support and see if they can sort it out for you.

Nov 17, 2017
This is the character I made from the demo. I'm a wait for a force drop and play it in full

Nice! Fair though I got it and the season pass for about 60 during the black friday stuff, I thought the shit was worth it. It ain't perfect , we can have an entire conversation about the male gaze. And how the story presents itself , but I thought it was fun and I have good time. And have already spent too much time playing it. I would say wait for discount , get it and see what its about it. I think its neat and i'm glad it apparently did numbers

Gave this guy like a braid mohawk

Gave this guy blond hair. Do you notice I like freckles

So the thing I like about this CAC is to the degree in which you can just move objects around on the character to create weird combinations. Though if I am being truthful the game is lacking in clothing options and the ones one women characters are uh...designed for the male gaze to say the very least. However, you can do some funky stuff with the character creator and I dig that. There are dreads in the game, though they are shorter dreads, which is kind of the style of the time. Though I prefer longer ones. But here's the recent one made from an OC I have

Dreads they short though

Its a really fun IMO , take on dark souls with a good character creator. The build fuckery with this game is really neat
Not bad, not bad. I'm liking the long braided look. The short dread look ain't bad either. A step up from "buzz cut that doesn't have the right texture but if I squint it sorta looks right."

Faustek

Oct 26, 2017
Nah, I’m watching friends. It’s just twenty minutes instead of a lifetime of getting reminded how destroyed I got.

Tommcatt

Apr 26, 2019
My 2019 GOTY. Basically modern Tenchu!

I still need to try a bunch of games I have for VR like SuperHOt.
YOOOOO try it! It's by far my favorite VR game at the moment. I've enjoyed playing it like a John Wick simulator. (Pistol Whip is good too)

And DM me your gaming info if you ever want to play something. Albeit my school is about to start back up.

Kreed

Oct 25, 2017

@skittleput me on to this Netflix show that's about to drop next week Tuesday.

A lot of the voice talent is diverse & inclusive. You love to see it.
The Netflix original series Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts from DreamWorks Animation has unveiled their voice cast for the forthcoming coming-of-age animated series which includes Karen Fukuhara, Deon Cole, Coy Stewart, Sydney Mikayla and Dee Bradley Baker. The series will also feature an all-star roster of guest stars including Sterling K. Brown, Dan Stevens, Lea Delaria, Joan Jett, John Hodgman, GZA and more. Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts will premiere on the streaming platform January 14.
The "generic" pinked haired girl in screen grabs I've been seeing threw me off, but definitely liking the looks of this voice cast.

I dont know how I feel about this..

when considering this

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
The lizzo thread is another reason why I don’t like discussing certain things here. People got banned for calling her a minstrel show. Granted I wouldn’t have went that far but the general sentiment is there for me. I don’t trust the white owner media / music industry who perpetuates certain things to the forefront about the black race, whether it be strerwotypical Mumble rappers or in this case Lizzo

when was the last time you saw Alicia keys with her booty hanging out at a lakers game and then on time magazine the next week

ignorant shit gets promoted all the time

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
The lizzo thread is another reason why I don’t like discussing certain things here. People got banned for calling her a minstrel show. Granted I wouldn’t have went that far but the general sentiment is there for me. I don’t trust the white owner media / music industry who perpetuates certain things to the forefront about the black race, whether it be strerwotypical Mumble rappers or in this case Lizzo

when was the last time you saw Alicia keys with her booty hanging out at a lakers game and then on time magazine the next week

ignorant shit gets promoted all the time
Hmmm, this and as well as that Grimes thread has people ready to jump ship.

I'm really on this forum posting in the same 7-8 threads per week.

Faustek

Oct 26, 2017
Ah the good old days, when sports had nothing to do with politics 🤦🏾‍♂️

Not too bad, not too good. Just doin' it. You?
Same, could be worse, could be better.
Future prospects are perhaps great. Just need to find that stupid kid within. The one that wasn’t afraid of anything and would flip a car upside down just because the dude called him a chimp. I need to find him again and shit might actually be great.

Kotto

Nov 3, 2017
Literally this last decade has had nothing but politics in sports 😂. One of the biggest political topics in the US started in sports. Fucking wild.

Fuck the Olympics.

OP
OP
D i Z

D i Z

Oct 25, 2017
Where X marks the spot.
Ah the good old days, when sports had nothing to do with politics 🤦🏾‍♂️

Same, could be worse, could be better.
Future prospects are perhaps great. Just need to find that stupid kid within. The one that wasn’t afraid of anything and would flip a car upside down just because the dude called him a chimp. I need to find him again and shit might actually be great.

These bones, man.

Urban Scholar

Oct 30, 2017
Miami, FL
I'm glad these two are moving on to good shit.

But at the same time reading why they are leaving sucks. & Games journalism not really being steady enough for real writing is disappointing.