• It's the most wonderful time of the year! Make your list and check it twice. The ResetEra Games of the Year 2019 Voting Thread is now live. Voting will be open for the next 7 days, 11 hours, 9 minutes, 6 seconds, and will close on Jan 26, 2020 at 9:00 AM.

The Black Culture Community [OT 4] - Melanin and Estrogen - The new Kryptonite

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I passed on posting this in the morn, but it keeps popping up so now you all get to feel it too.

I'm sitting here like "oh, this is gonna be some creative shit for some hair dye before she shows everyone how to dress up some dolls to be more racially diverse for parents at home" and this shit just gonna end after she washes some goddamn dishes.

Don't even know why I gave these fuckasses the benefit of the doubt that this video wasn't going to involve some fuckery.

Faustek

Oct 26, 2017

Kreed

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like he either backpedaled later or maybe he shouldn't of broken up all his tweets.
His original tweet was this broken in two parts:

As a writer, I am allowed to nominate in just 3 categories: Best Picture, Best Adapted Screenplay, and Best Original Screenplay. For me, the diversity issue--as it applies to individual actors and directors, anyway--did not come up. That said I would never consider diversity in matters of art. Only quality. It seems to me that to do otherwise would be wrong.
The new tweets from 2 hours later are a "change of heart":

The most important thing we can do as artists and creative people is make sure everyone has the same fair shot, regardless of sex, color, or orientation. Right now such people are badly under-represented, and not only in the arts.
You can't win awards if you're shut out of the game.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Big City Greens is the kind of show that warms my depressed cold heart.
Love everything about it and the joy it brings to my life right now X3
Tilly is the best character.

Faustek

Oct 26, 2017
Oh about Nora Lum. It’s to bad she had to start there because she looks good in the trailers for that movie and all I hear is good things. A shame really. Smh

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Any other peeps here into the new trend of Slay The Spire-inspired deckbuilding roguelites should keep an eye on this game dropping on Steam Early Access tomorrow called A Long Way Down. Saw gameplay of it thanks to SplatterCatGaming and earned my attention since the protag is African and the story seems to be hinting at themes of culture and heritage.

Awesome! I love peeks behind the curtain like this.

Good morning and good day to everyone

except this guy :

Ugh. King was on a hot streak with his Trump hate but it seems there's few progressive white cultural figures who don't end up tripping in regards to engaging in the actual issues disenfranchised people deal with.

Something else to look forward to.

Still need to read the series since I've got every book.

It's astounding that some white people are so desperate for "representation" in the wake of their despising of BP & black love for it that they flock not to a kind, altruistic, vulnerable and earnest role model surrounded by women he respects like T'Challa but a violent, petty, stunted, and vindictive killer like the Joker surrounded by women he stalks, coldly suffocates and ignores. It really really says so much. You'd think nothing about that movie would be something people would want to embrace as white culture or in the character as aspirational but I guess I just keep overestimating people.

Last edited:

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
It's astounding that some white people are so desperate for "representation" in the wake of their despising of BP & black love for it that they flock not to a kind, altruistic, vulnerable and earnest role model surrounded by women he respects like T'Challa but a violent, petty, stunted, and vindictive killer like the Joker surrounded by women he stalks, coldly suffocates and ignores. It really really says so much. You'd think nothing about that movie would be something people would want to embrace as white culture or in the character as aspirational but I guess I just keep overestimating people.
I still remember the director blaming the criticism about the film on PC culture.