• It's the most wonderful time of the year! Make your list and check it twice. The ResetEra Games of the Year 2019 Voting Thread is now live. Voting will be open for the next 5 days, 2 hours, 37 minutes, 6 seconds, and will close on Jan 26, 2020 at 9:00 AM.

The Black Culture Community [OT 4] - Melanin and Estrogen - The new Kryptonite

Faustek

Oct 26, 2017
I really do be feeling sorry for this people

And when do we and them say enough?

I mean that's why I say the "benefits" of Epic Game store is BS. The benefit is more money to already rich people but that they had the balls to pretend it would be better for the devs? My ass.

I ain't surprised. That's the usual MO.

Oh the drip, I would buy that Jacket. Damn this some tight designs.

Spinluck

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Hope y'all been well.

It's astounding that some white people are so desperate for "representation" in the wake of their despising of BP & black love for it that they flock not to a kind, altruistic, vulnerable and earnest role model surrounded by women he respects like T'Challa but a violent, petty, stunted, and vindictive killer like the Joker surrounded by women he stalks, coldly suffocates and ignores. It really really says so much. You'd think nothing about that movie would be something people would want to embrace as white culture or in the character as aspirational but I guess I just keep overestimating people.
Lol, Black Panther is nothing but fodder for internet arguments here now.

No one cares that there will be kids going to the theaters to finally see well-written heroes or villains that look like them for a change.

Joker ain't as deep as people try to make it seem, the guy is a piece of garbage lol.

One of the better written comic book movies though.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Hope y'all been well.

Lol, Black Panther is nothing but fodder for internet arguments here now.

No one cares that there will be kids going to the theaters to finally see well-written heroes or villains that look like them for a change.

Joker ain't as deep as people try to make it seem, the guy is a piece of garbage lol.

One of the better written comic book movies though.
Welcome back, Spinluck.

Kotto

Nov 3, 2017
I would love Bernie so much more if he wasn't an ass when it came to topics like that. Four years later and this fool still hasn't understood his shortcomings from the last election.

I'm still salty Booker dropped out.

Dec 6, 2019
I would love Bernie so much more if he wasn't an ass when it came to topics like that. Four years later and this fool still hasn't understood his shortcomings from the last election.

I'm still salty Booker dropped out.
His supporters are equally obtuse...four years later.

Yea he was cool too. Also looks like one of my old roommates

We definitely need more melanin in these primaries.
2016 candidate field was worse. What we got this time is "progress."

Dec 6, 2019
It hits differently when you're in a black church and they ask the kids 12 and under to come to the front altar, turn around, and watch as all the congregation who was alive when MLK was assassinated to stand up, and more than half the room stands, to prove the point that it wasn't that long ago.

I know it wasn't that long ago. Like that timeline American Slavery > segregation > present. But man, when you are in the room and you can SEE it though.

POWERFUL

Tommcatt

Apr 26, 2019
It hits differently when you're in a black church and they ask the kids 12 and under to come to the front altar, turn around, and watch as all the congregation who was alive when MLK was assassinated to stand up, and more than half the room stands, to prove the point that it wasn't that long ago.

I know it wasn't that long ago. Like that timeline American Slavery > segregation > present. But man, when you are in the room and you can SEE it though.

POWERFUL
Yup. Hearing my grandfather tell me about whites only signs was so strange to me. I'd never made the connection to his age and how recent that shit was. Like I knew the dates but didn't understand that they lived through it.

Tommcatt

Apr 26, 2019
The Adder took another one fighting the good fight.
Ain't that always how it goes? Point out a problem, get ignored and then when you get tired of being ignored you get tone policed. Imagine if that's how that worked for any other situation.

"Look Larry, I know that you've been impaled - but the doctor is putting a band-aid on a puppy right now and your screams make him want to avoid helping you. Could you keep it down and be patient?"

Dec 6, 2019
Yup. Hearing my grandfather tell me about whites only signs was so strange to me. I'd never made the connection to his age and how recent that shit was. Like I knew the dates but didn't understand that they lived through it.
The movie, Just Mercy, begins with a background story concerning a lynching.

I know the city referenced. I know the tree that was used. It happened in the EIGHTIES. Don't let anyone say that stuff is in the past.

Dec 6, 2019
Yeah man, I've been walking away since I got my last strike notice. I can't even pop word one in a thread like that. Shit is color reductive day by day.
I have gone through this thread and one of the previous ones and have seen that the attrition is severe.

It's one of the reasons I stopped going to an integrated church and went back to black.

I just don't have the energy for it. Seeing Erica Garner and Yolanda Carr (Atatiana Jefferson's mom) die from basically grief, I don't need that kind of stress in my life.

Urban Scholar

Oct 30, 2017
Miami, FL
I had to take my own post editing advice a few times before posting in that thread.
Yeah I just keeo the energy for my blog posts

I have gone through this thread and one of the previous ones and have seen that the attrition is severe.

It's one of the reasons I stopped going to an integrated church and went back to black.

I just don't have the energy for it. Seeing Erica Garner and Yolanda Carr (Atatiana Jefferson's mom) die from basically grief, I don't need that kind of stress in my life.
Ultimately, we all gotta ask ourselves what's best for us to get through our day to day.

I'm not religious or chruch going but talking to a lot of Black folks helps me keep thungs in perspective.

Urban Scholar

Oct 30, 2017
Miami, FL
Good read right here

How do we fix racism?

Here's a better series of questions for you. How willing are the white majority to undone so many laws and aspects of society that make things better for them?

Schools
Housing
Criminal jusitice system
Employment rates
Entertainment
The tech sector
News
Fashion
Beauty standards
Travel
Politics
Gender & racial pay disparities
Reperation
Classism

And mind you these are the aspects of society that came to in my head. How willing are ya'll or would they be to ripping apart what's wrong and help make it equal.

Keep in mind we have lawmakers and people that see fixing this is literally evil. Or rather the don't give a damn and want to have a societal edge.

The real answer is pfft nah. If ya'll aren't willing to fix crap you created...no amount of yeah we need to live together and be friends magic power will fix a broken society.

Last edited: