The Black Culture Community [OT 4] - Melanin and Estrogen - The new Kryptonite

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
I'm new to Hangout OT's in general

I never really thought to look in the Etc Hangouts until i saw the Staff Meeting thread in the Etc Forum, I recognize a good amount of avatars here tho from various threads, and I've only ever been in the hangouts once for the Toku Era

Faustek

Oct 26, 2017
Welcome Daysean Babymomo Gamespawn Yearsoflurking Peerless Cien Kenstar AgPhoenix
If I missed someone sorry But welcome to you too :)

From the 2014 Sacred game-
Holy Hell, that chest nearly as large as Sir Tsunami chest is.

Would post in the thread, but most of what has been said has been said, i doubt i could add anything to it.

I havent gone through all 300 pages of this thread so its prob been asked before, but how do any mixed people deal with the fact that you are not good enough for either side? from family, society at large, etc. Shit sucks not feeling like you belong ANYWHERE.
Sucks to hear
But I gotta ask and I in no way mean to ignore your feelings or say they not true here. Remember that. So anyway, they really feel that way or just messing with you? I know I've ran that gauntlet many times. I still do from time to time but it's always just to mess with me and I just mess right back and it's all foul sounding but love is there. From the black side that is. White side? Outside aunt and two nieces and a nephew? I don't really care. Sorry I can't give you a manual.

Anyway, is it planTain or PlanTIN? Important questions here.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Just wondering, if anyone here is atheist and has religious parents have you told your parents about it? My family is Nigerian so pretty much everyone in my family is either Muslim or Christian, but I was raised in a Christian household.
I’m honestly not sure if I should tell them or not, especially since I’m still in college and dependent on them for living space. Just tired of being forced to go to church every time and hearing homophobia when I’m around. Can still remember my mother joking around with a friend saying that she probably would kick me out of the house if I ever said I was gay.
dunno what to tell ya I laughed at them nikkas when they tried to convince me at like 7 yrs old and ever since

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I'm doing my best impersonation of Slayven over at CBR for the remainder of Black History Month. (Technically I've been doing it all month but I was lazy in editing last week.)

I'll be writing up informative listicles about black superheroes. I started with Steel today, but tomorrow it'll be Calvin Ellis/President Superman, then on Friday (if the editors are on their shit) it'll be Vixen, Monica Rambeau (Captain Marvel), and Batwing/Luke Fox. My eyes hurt from reading all these old-ass comics lol.

Slayven

1000% Demon King
Oct 25, 2017
I'm doing my best impersonation of Slayven over at CBR for the remainder of Black History Month. (Technically I've been doing it all month but I was lazy in editing last week.)

I'll be writing up informative listicles about black superheroes. I started with Steel today, but tomorrow it'll be Calvin Ellis/President Superman, then on Friday (if the editors are on their shit) it'll be Vixen, Monica Rambeau (Captain Marvel), and Batwing/Luke Fox. My eyes hurt from reading all these old-ass comics lol.
reading old comics you realized how despite being a visual medium they were still descriptive as hell. I like it

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
reading old comics you realized how despite being a visual medium they were still descriptive as hell. I like it
Some writers are good at all this prose and poetry, others are kinda shite. Also I ain't realize how blatant a clone of Iron Man Steel was. Bruh got his own background in weapons making and everything lol

Urban Scholar

Oct 30, 2017
Miami, FL
Hey folks. Now this is the news I've been looking for. I'm still high key disappointed in the utter lack of news or features or anything gaming related for Black History Month.

vainya

Dec 28, 2017
After seeing the Black Community Discussion thread, I figured I should introduce myself to this community. Hi. I don't post much because of the way race and gender related threads end up on this site. It's nice to see that there is at least some discussion about this on the site.

Faustek

Oct 26, 2017
E3 did this to themselves.

After seeing the Black Community Discussion thread, I figured I should introduce myself to this community. Hi. I don't post much because of the way race and gender related threads end up on this site. It's nice to see that there is at least some discussion about this on the site.
Hi 👋👋

Kreed

Oct 25, 2017
Welcome to the thread!

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
Welcome, welcome!

someday

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, after the meeting thread, I realize I should say hi in here. I've been around since gaf but I'm not too active outside of Destiny OT. I do occasionally lurk in here after some bs on the main site just to read sane comments and know I'm not alone.

Anyway, I'm a black woman, born in Tuskegee, Alabama, 49 years old and somehow on forums because I love video games. I live in Washington state, agnostic, don't really watch anime and prefer Popeye's since we have one close. I can't remember the other questions but feel free to ask anything.

OP
OP
D i Z

D i Z

Oct 25, 2017
Where X marks the spot.
Hey, after the meeting thread, I realize I should say hi in here. I've been around since gaf but I'm not too active outside of Destiny OT. I do occasionally lurk in here after some bs on the main site just to read sane comments and know I'm not alone.

Anyway, I'm a black woman, born in Tuskegee, Alabama, 49 years old and somehow on forums because I love video games. I live in Washington state, agnostic, don't really watch anime and prefer Popeye's since we have one close. I can't remember the other questions but feel free to ask anything.
Hello and welcome

Faustek

Oct 26, 2017
So Secret Fawful recommended this Chinese game. Gujian 3. Action rpg with a Wuxia setting. Game is beautiful and while, so far, the combat is a bit to easy the game is fun. Here’s the first introduction chapter/tutorial without commentary.

Hey and welcome :)

Order

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I know I’m not really active on this thread like that, but I was wondering if I could get a Discord invite

Giruvegan

Hey everyone. I saw the meeting thread and figured this would be a good time to introduce myself. I've been a lurking member for years now but seeing how certain threads have played out as well as the harassment campaigns, really soured me on posting consistently. I decided that if I have the energy, I'll do more to speak up on issues if someone says something sideways. Seeing how that's an inevitability, hopefully this community can be a nice haven from the bullshit.

I'm black, non-binary ( please don't call me ' enbie/enby ' ), disabled and an aging millennial. I live on the East Coast. I like anime ( but am very picky ) and sometimes I play video games ( mostly VNs and JRPGS ).

I recognize a lot of posters and see some new faces too.
Nice to formerly meet all of you!