• Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Guests should now be able to save their dark or light theme preferences, found on the left sidebar.

The Black Culture Community [OT 4] - Melanin and Estrogen - The new Kryptonite

Oct 26, 2017
Morning fam

Yepp, notifications stuck here as well.
--
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't old fantasy games. 80/90s. Have black avatars and npc's? Like we at least got to be some stereotyped headhunter class, big ass stupid roid wall or at least something?
All these medieval fantasy games that take inspiration from European history really are full of shit and wishful white supremacist fantasies.

I figured out why no one can finally kill Jason or Michael Myer's, in horror films the virgin always live. But they are virgins so they come back. All they have to do is sleep with them then kill them before they kill you.

This is the plot line of my new film Jason 12: the final bout

Oct 25, 2017
Think I'm gonna repost this since we're through the hump.

Okay, so y'all read the report from the Federal Reserve that finally, after like 10 years, figured out that millennials actually aren't that different from other consumers and that really, they're just broke, right?

I think it's starting another conversation about how this generation is gonna be poorer than previous generations, but how do you think that figures into poc? There are other numbers saying the financial crisis basically wiped out 50 years of black wealth and how the generational discrepancy is even worse, but whenever I have conversations with my dad and uncle about young kids being poorer today, they just chalk it up to a bunch of white kids complaining that they now have to live like black people.

My parents started out literally picking cotton but are really well-off today. My dad and uncle came up through the military. In the early 80's there were times my dad had to support the family (right after my older brother was born) on a McDonalds salary. Conversely, pretty much all the men of my generation of the family have had trouble staying employed and/or keeping a roof over their heads. My dad and uncle just say we should do the same work they were doing back then (sans military) and deal with those same living standards that these white kids can't stand, pointing to the immigrants who are now cutting their yards and who are picking fields because won't do that work. That's literally the same work my dad and uncle did as kids and back then they did it because white people wouldn't.

Thoughts?
RedSwirl I'm going to give you a detailed response later on.

So ya'll I'm done tolerating ignorant people on my friend list. Before I would just block them. Now? Nope I'll make an example of you, screenshots and everything
Hey fam

Been thinking about this, not this specific but the scenario, how older black men in their 50+ have this mentally where they don't see why they should give a fuck.
No one gave a fuck about them so why the fuck should they care now? Especially when no one gave a fuck about them, still don't.
Had this discussion with my uncles and nearly smacked one of them silly from time to time. It always defaults to him being, understandably, bitter and probably jealous on how "easy" kids have it today. Just that people are trying to make it easier for some people when no one gives a fuck about them kinda sets them off I reckon. Even thou it's gotten better for them as well even if they refuse to see that.

Oct 26, 2017
Thinking about it I hear it from comedians as well RedSwirl
It's like some of them want a cookie anda hug. I ain't ever gonna look down on their life but to be pissy about things being better? You better make the joke real good or fuck off.

to grow up and not remember that other kids ran from you b/c you were considered white by being light skinned
that was a bit heart warming to watch and lol at the white part. Also those nutters saying apartheid would fix shit? sigh, to be so stupid.

Oct 27, 2017
www.comicon.com
This fuckboy David Jaffe said deplatforming is childish. He can kick rocks.
....Childish tho? I can see how you could think deplatforming would just make the people who support those voices angrier, thus making them more popular. I thought that at first, but it's been proven incorrect. I was wrong, those dudes can't survive without reasonable people pretending their unreasonable stances are actually reasonable and worthy of debate/discussion. Which tbh I never wanted to talk to them anyway, so that suits me just fine.

But I can't see how you get to childish. Like, again. Someone peddling far right theories doesn't actually deserve to be listened to in the first place?

Nov 3, 2017
For someone to call deplatforming childish is either terribly misinformed, a fucking idiot, or is one of the alt-right wastes of space. David Jaffe is all of the above.

Oct 25, 2017
For someone to call deplatforming childish is either terribly misinformed, a fucking idiot, or is one of the alt-right wastes of space. David Jaffe is all of the above.
Well, he is currently spewing out alt-right memes so I guess that makes him... Yeah, all of the above.

Oct 26, 2017
Color me surprised, bruh.

Edit: he still claims to be a liberal as well. 🤣
you'd be surprised how many say they liberal but spout misogynistic and racist shit in their everyday life.
Liberal is really just "lemme smoke weed" to many of them and fuck the rest.

RedSwirl So the point your dad and uncle made about white kids and low skill jobs... I don't know if I could agree or disagree.

But what I can speak on is the rest. I'm sorry but what worked for our folks back in the day isn't 1 to 1 today. Establishing a career and taking care of yourself are more a matter of time and place.

I look at my current career as an example. I'm working for a company that's growing her in Miami and the world. I got into a department and got a promotion because of the work I did outside my job. They see I'm freelancing, selling myself, etc.

For my family no one can quote the above. They've mainly stuck to the medical profession. Where you go to school, bust your ass studying, and do work.

My situation is different. And these days I think our career paths aren't conventional in anyway. We tend to land somewhere based on the work we do and sell ourselves.

Granted the above isn't true for say careers in the medical field or tech (neccessarily)

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
So
Y'all voting in the Era GotY 2018? I've only got Just Cause 4 to play at least by the voting's end in January. I'd play Fist of the North Star buuuut I ain't in the mood for RPGs or the like atm :S
If Celeste goes for cheap during the next couple of weeks I'd grab that too.

Here's my current list btw.

Speaking of Chuchel, it's available on mobile devices now! So if you got Android tab or iPad do give it a play, it's a nice short puzzle game. Otherwise it's available on PC and consoles too.

In other related news, this Era update should've been delayed til AFTER the game awards. The site tends to freeze up from time to time so come the game awards, it's gonna be a meltdown :V

Oct 25, 2017
In other related news, this Era update should've been delayed til AFTER the game awards. The site tends to freeze up from time to time so come the game awards, it's gonna be a meltdown :V
May as well shut the site down for a few days once that Metroid trailer hits.

Oct 26, 2017
So anyone recommend any new fantasy books?
Been stuck in a rut where nothing has really caught me. Bought that painted man, everyone recommended, twice. Forgot I bought it and put it away after an hour. Didn't feel it.

Mornin' ground crew.
Heyas friend.

Oct 27, 2017
www.comicon.com
So
Y'all voting in the Era GotY 2018? I've only got Just Cause 4 to play at least by the voting's end in January. I'd play Fist of the North Star buuuut I ain't in the mood for RPGs or the like atm :S

Speaking of Chuchel, it's available on mobile devices now! So if you got Android tab or iPad do give it a play, it's a nice short puzzle game. Otherwise it's available on PC and consoles too.

I've played...3 games. If I'm lucky I'll buy DQ XI and that'll make it four. Not nearly enough to decide on the GOTY to me. But if I did the answer would be Assassin's Creed: Odyssey. That they made a quest with the dialogue: "You killed my mother and fucked my father" kinda clinched it for me.

Oct 26, 2017
I was going to regale you with a tale of valiance, sex and violent laughter. But you went to bed. Oh well.
Yeah, well this gon take a while so dish.
But don't blame me if the sleep fairy finds me mid sentence.

What kind of fantasy?
All. I'm literally open for everything. Oh yeah, bought that African lightskins are the gods and dark skins the slaves. Gonna be here in a few.

So

I would but I don't think I liked very many games that came out this year

Shy

Oct 25, 2017
Mornin' ground crew.
Evening brother Diz.
So anyone recommend any new fantasy books?
Been stuck in a rut where nothing has really caught me. Bought that painted man, everyone recommended, twice. Forgot I bought it and put it away after an hour. Didn't feel it.
Read Frank Herbert's Dune, my brother.

And if you like that. Read the rest of the dune series. but only those written by Frank Herbert while he was still alive. (Don't let his hack kid hoodwink you)