• Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Guests should now be able to save their dark or light theme preferences, found on the left sidebar.

The Black Culture Community [OT 4] - Melanin and Estrogen - The new Kryptonite

What's up, BCC?
What's everybody up to?

Also; Re Neil Tyson:

Don't forget that you don't actually know famous people. Even if you like them, you don't know what they are actually like. Just their public personal, which aren't the same as their actual selves, but more like a product.

In this strange age, it's important to keep your parasocial relationships in check.

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I feel like I gotta get this out of my chest:
I have nothing against black with lighter skin tone, but it seems to be the chosen tone for primary characters in a bunch of recent video games, like Mafia 3 and what we're seeing in that Far Cry cover.

It's like they want to have there being primary black characters...but not looking too black to alienate or turn off your generic white gamer consumer.

Am I overthinking this? Cuz I'd like to be told I'm wrong about this @[email protected]

I have nothing against black with lighter skin tone, but it seems to be the chosen tone for primary characters in a bunch of recent video games, like Mafia 3 and what we're seeing in that Far Cry cover.

It's like they want to have there being primary black characters...but not looking too black to alienate or turn off your generic white gamer consumer.

Am I overthinking this? Cuz I'd like to be told I'm wrong about this @[email protected]
Colorism??? That too is alive and well because of lack folks being treated as other.

So having light skin protagonists vs brown to very Black characters is purposeful.

And yes it's a conversation we should have.

Hell nah you not wrong

someone went at me on twitter when i noticed a paper bag problem it might have with the new Charmed

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Boy, this job has really opened my eyes into the Immigration situation in this country and the crap on both sides, unfortunately.
Welp. I saw an article about Trump cracking down on Haitians in SoFlo.

It sucked because while it was a terrible situation and some of them were here legally, a lot of them never finished all their paperwork and whatnot, despite being here for a year plus. Ugly situation all around, and I wish it could be handled better.

Oct 25, 2017
I just started watching the game awards from the start and the first two award winners would have been my choices
dead cells and monster hunter world

So far so good. Ubisoft up to some fuck shit judging by Shy 's post above (to be expected after FC5, IMO)

How's the rest?