• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Danthrax

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Northeast Ohio
NpLQ6JV.jpg

NETWORK: NBC
AIRING: Wednesdays 8 p.m. ET and PT/7 p.m. CT
CREATED BY: Jon Bokenkamp
OFFICIAL TWITTER: https://twitter.com/NBCBlacklist
OFFICIAL FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/NBCBlacklist

ABOUT SEASON FIVE
Feeling surprisingly unencumbered, Raymond Reddington (James Spader) is back, and in the process of rebuilding his criminal empire. His lust for life is ever-present as he lays the foundation for this new enterprise - one that he'll design with Elizabeth Keen (Megan Boone) by his side. Living with the reality that Red is her father, Liz finds herself torn between her role as an FBI agent and the temptation to act on her more criminal instincts. In a world where the search for Blacklisters has become a family trade, Red will undoubtedly reclaim his moniker as the "Concierge of Crime."

"The Blacklist" also stars Diego Klattenhoff, Ryan Eggold, Harry Lennix, Amir Arison, Mozhan Marnò and Hisham Tawfiq.

John Eisendrath, Jon Bokenkamp, John Davis, John Fox, James Spader, Lukas Reiter, J.R. Orci and Carla Kettner serve as executive producers. "The Blacklist" is a production of Davis Entertainment in association with Sony Pictures Television and Universal Television.

HAS THE BLACKLIST BEEN RENEWED FOR SEASON SIX?
Yes! The Blacklist will return for a full 22-episode sixth season, but not until midseason (in other words, the season won't start until at least January 2019).

SUMMARY AND CLIP FROM THE NEXT EPISODE, AIRING MAY 16
Sutton Ross
In the Season 5 finale, Liz and Red face off in a climactic race to find a Blacklister in possession of the duffel bag of bones, forcing the truth about the bones to finally come to light.

BUT I MISSED A PREVIOUS EPISODE!
That's cool. You can watch the five most recently aired episodes on NBC's website: https://www.nbc.com/the-blacklist
Or you can watch them with NBC's app on a variety of devices: https://www.nbc.com/apps

EPISODE LIST
S5E01: Smokey Putnum (Sept. 27, 2017)
S5E02: Greyson Blaise (Oct. 4, 2017)
S5E03: Miss Rebecca Thrall (Oct. 11, 2017)
S5E04: The Endling (Oct. 18, 2017)
S5E05: Ilyas Surkov (Oct. 25, 2017)
S5E06: The Travel Agency (Nov. 1, 2017)
S5E07: The Kilgannon Corporation (Nov. 8, 2017)
S5E08: Ian Garvey (Nov. 15, 2017 — Fall Finale)
S5E09: Ruin (Jan. 3, 2018 — Winter Premiere)
S5E10: The Informant (Jan. 10, 2018)
S5E11: Abraham Stern (Jan. 17, 2018)
S5E12: Tommy Wattles (Jan. 31, 2018)
S5E13: The Invisible Hand (Feb. 7, 2018)
S5E14: Mr. Raleigh Sinclair III (Feb. 28, 2018, after taking two weeks off for the Winter Olympics)
S5E15: Pattie Sue Edwards (March 7, 2018)
S5E16: The Capricorn Killer (March 14, 2018)
S5E17: Anna-Gracia Duerte (April 4, 2018)
S5E18: Zarak Mosadek (April 11, 2018)
S5E19: Ian Garvey: Conclusion (April 25, 2018)
S5E20: Nicholas T. Moore (May 2, 2018)
S5E21: Lawrence Dean Devlin (May 9, 2018)
S5E22: Sutton Ross (May 16, 2018 — Season Finale)

AWARDS
8lrmLGw.png

GAME?
Yes, there's a Blacklist game. It's in the hidden object genre and is exclusive to Windows Phones, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. It's free with microtransactions and takes up about 80 to 90 MB. You can get it here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/the-blacklist-conspiracy/9nblggh5q601

STORE
At the risk of sounding like a shill (I'm not!) I'll link to NBC's online store for The Blacklist: https://www.nbcstore.com/catalogsearch/result/?cat=3&q=the+blacklist&shop_by_show=316
It sells Pop vinyls, shotglasses, pint glasses, an in-fiction "Liz's blacklist scrapbook" and, of course, Blu-rays and DVDs of past seasons. No facsimiles of Red's hat, though, unfortunately.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Danthrax

Danthrax

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Northeast Ohio
I updated the original post into a proper OT. Hope everyone likes it (and I hope there are other Blacklist watchers on ResetEra...)

Oh, and here's a spoilery sneak peak that's not the OP: https://youtu.be/TeE8MEkclE0

[edit] added the clip to the OP

Last edited:

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
It really took them 5 seasons to confirm that he was her dad? Goddamnit

Also what's Tom's deal again, some triple agent shit?

Clockwork

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Wisconsin
I've been watching this since S1:E1 and even managed to get my girlfriend and her parents addicted to this show.

It had happened before but once again I really have a strong dislike for Tom.

OP
OP
Danthrax

Danthrax

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Northeast Ohio
It really took them 5 seasons to confirm that he was her dad? Goddamnit

Also what's Tom's deal again, some triple agent shit?

I mean, technically they confirmed it in the fourth season, haha

Tom basically revealed his real identity to Liz (as a sleeper agent assigned to marry Liz) long ago but still goes by Tom Keene because it's what Liz has always known him as. He decided he loved her and wanted to be with her so they got married again "for real this time." He lives with her and their child in an apartment, although he's still up to sneaky shit behind her back because the writers need to give him something to do. He stumbled upon a suitcase of mysterious bones that are somehow tied to Liz when Mr. Kaplan pointed him to them at the end of season four. Now he's trying to figure out whose bones they are without Red or Liz finding out.

Thisman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do NOT like the fact that Liz is like hey you are my dad I'm fine that you do illegal things in front of me . Show is gone for me now

OP
OP
Danthrax

Danthrax

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Northeast Ohio
I wasn't able to watch last week because my bathroom's paint, which had been bubbling up a bit near the shower for years, finally decided to start falling off in chunks, so my girlfriend and I were scrambling to get supplies to fix it and just redo the whole damn bathroom because why not. (The previous owner used eggshell paint instead of semigloss — a no-no in a bathroom.) I'm gonna have to try to catch up when I get out of work tonight so I can watch tonight's episode live.

Speaking of tonight's episode, I added the preview clip the OP:

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't watched the show since season 2, when Red killed Berlin. Is it worth picking it back up?

Spidey

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Mr. Kaplan was so sympathetic last season that it's really soured the show for me, it's hard to root for Red getting everything back when I was pulling the opposite direction only months ago, especially with the bones and Tom's death looming over him.

somato

Oct 25, 2017
Uh... wow. I didn't realize it was the fall finale and was definitely not prepared for an episode like that...

OP
OP
Danthrax

Danthrax

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Yeah, the finale was nuts. I felt legit depressed after watching it (and I'd watched two episodes of Attack on Titan right before it ... I couldn't take anymore dour TV after all that)

The showrunners confirmed in interviews that the death is permanent and not a fakeout: http://variety.com/2017/tv/features/the-blacklist-season-5-episode-8-ian-garvey-death-1202614608/

They want to bring the focus of Liz's life back onto Red.

Anyway, the show will be back Jan. 3, so that's not too long of a hiatus.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
That was a great start to the second half of the season. Really like the idea of Liz joining up with Red on the other side! I was super disappointed with the show after Liz got pregrnant irl, but I think the show is finally turning the corner.

OP
OP
Danthrax

Danthrax

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Northeast Ohio
New episode on now on the east coast!

[edit] Aw, Papa Harry forgave him unconditionally

Oh shit, dat preview! The Stewmaker is back!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Danthrax

Danthrax

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Northeast Ohio
The "shocking" 100th episode of The Blacklist is on tonight! Starts in a couple hours on the East Coast. There's a link to a preview in my OT.

The show isn't airing next week for some reason — they're only showing a couple Law & Order SVU repeats and there's nothing special on rival networks, so I don't know what's up with that. It'll be back on Jan. 31, though.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
How's this seazon so far? Have not started it yet. I generally enjoy this show but thought season 4 was a bit weak. Hows season 5 so far?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
How's this seazon so far? Have not started it yet. I generally enjoy this show but thought season 4 was a bit weak. Hows season 5 so far?

Its been ok. Better than Season 4 imo, but still not at the highs the show hit in its first 2 seasons. Been really enjoying seeing Liz crossover to the dark side lol.

OP
OP
Danthrax

Danthrax

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Northeast Ohio
OP updated. Sorry for slacking on that a bit — dem Olympics breaks.

Next week's episode summary:

The Capricorn KillerAs Liz investigates new details in a cold case from her early work as an FBI profiler, she explores her darker impulses in therapy with Dr. Fulton. The Task Force takes action to bring down Tom's killers within the legal system, while Red takes a different approach to closing in on Ian Garvey.

OP
OP
Danthrax

Danthrax

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Northeast Ohio
No new episode tonight or next Wednesday. This show has some random hiatuses sometimes.

Summary and preview clip updated in the OP for the next episode on April 4.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
The Blacklist has been renewed for a season 6. I still have not had the chance to watch season 5 so I hope you all have been enjoying it this year. I was slightly let down by season 4 but I am hoping season 5 has been a better one.

May 10, 2018
This season has been hit or miss for me. With him finally telling her he is her father I was hoping the keeping secrets bs would be over but now it's all about the bones in the bag.

I'm glad it's been renewed for all the people who are still really into it but I honestly wouldn't have been that upset if it had gotten cancelled.

It's pretty much a show I watch out of obligation now.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
i'd admit for something similar to HeartlessNobody2134 . i mostly watch because i love the cast, specially Spader, who is a delight to watch. the overarching plot does feel rather slow or just bullshit.

OP
OP
Danthrax

Danthrax

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Updated the OP. I fell behind by a few episodes and am still catching up on NBC.com, but enjoy the season finale tonight! It'll be our last new episode for at least seven months.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Did this show improve much after Keen had her baby and wound up in Cuba with her "real" father?

I think i stopped watching around then. Then I remembered hearing they did a whole spinoff series with Tom and some other people, right?

I liked the show when it was Red in control with some master plan, but it felt like it was falling apart when he started failing all the time and having no idea what was going on.

May 10, 2018
Stupid ass twist but one I saw coming when I realized that Liz's mom being the bones in the bag would be too obvious so this was the next step.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Finally saw the Season 5 finale. Knew the reveal going in after seeing an article about it online a few days back. Didnt like it then, and still dont after watching it lol.

First of all, this doesnt feel like something they had planned since the beginning. If this isnt the real Reddington, how long has he been impersonating him? Since the fire? The Wanted pictures weve seen are all James Spader, and unless hes had plastic surgery I assume he was impersonating him then too. They had a similar themed twist in an episode from like season 3 and they went to great lengths to prove that he was the actual Red then lol.

So Spader isnt actually Red, and hes also not Liz's father... Unless he was covering for something that happened and swore to protect Liz (but not her sister for some reason lol) this totally doesnt gel with me. Ive watched this show since day 1 for Spader. To have him become this impostor just lessens my overall enjoyment of the show. I used to like Liz alot, she got better this season but still isnt as great as she was in the first 2 seasons. But Red has always been my personal favorite character and it feels like ever since last season they are trying everything they can to make him less likable.

This season wasnt the best, but I still liked it more than Season 4. Ill stick around and see what happens next season for sure, but this show does feel like its on its last legs for me. Shame since this used to be my #1 favorite show each week.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
I just watched the entire show, starting with S1 in April and I must say, It's really amazing. Granted, It has it's flaws, but still, I've really liked it and want to see more.

Red not being Red was somewhat of a surprise, I expected the bones to be his, Whose blood had Cooper tested then? And who is Seaduke? I expect to hear the answers to this in S6.

My favorite was probably the ending of Season 2 and beginning of 3.

edit: sorry forgot to mark spoilers

Last edited:

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
finally watched the whole of Season 5

that twist at the end, what the..........................................................

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished Season 5, and I just knew the secret of the bones was going to be underwhelming. Sometimes I wonder if the writers write in the twists on the fly, because this barely feels planned. Oh well, at least it was better than Season 4.

Kind of wish they dragged out the whole rebuilding his criminal empire thing, that was Reddington at his best.

jrDev

Banned
Mar 2, 2018
Just finished Season 5, and I just knew the secret of the bones was going to be underwhelming. Sometimes I wonder if the writers write in the twists on the fly, because this barely feels planned. Oh well, at least it was better than Season 4.

Kind of wish they dragged out the whole rebuilding his criminal empire thing, that was Reddington at his best.
People didn't like Season 4? I thought it was the best and saddest Season with Mr Kaplan.

I just finished Season 5, and word! My brain is trying to fill in the pieces. And then I remembered Red saying to her he's never been dishonest with her...meaning he was telling the truth all along about not being her father...