• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
We need to replace *might* in the title. The only thing this topic is missing is Mesousa complaints.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Much needed. Think I prefer him sticking to the strip rather then another season of the cartoon. Just way more immediacy to this. And yes, def read all of that in their show voices

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
I read #5 with Huey and Riley's voices in my head and damn near spat out my evening coffee.

Please, Boondocks, save us from this timelineeeeeeeee

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
I was fine with McGruder leaving the series for Black Jesus, but we really needed The Boondocks back. I wonder where he's going to release the rest of the new comics? DJ Pooh's Twitter is nice for a teaser, but I doubt it's going to be the only way they get out there, & with how quickly these are coming out, it's clear McGruder's got a number of these saved up.

Oct 25, 2017
Latest comics show this is definitely not planned for newspapers.
But hey if the Boondocks continues as a webcomic I would be completely down for that.

Gospel

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think that's Seung Kim's art actually. Dude did storyboard work on the show

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I thinking this is a webcomic affair as well and I support the hell out of that. These strips are gold.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Aw shit, this is great!

Nancy, The Boondocks, comic strips are coming back!

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah boy, that is classic mcgruder and after the show, I read the lines in the character voices

VinylCassette64

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Admittedly I'm more familiar with the animated series compared to the comics, so I'm still hoping for a fifth season that has MacGruber returning after his absence from Season 4.

But I'll happily take this in the meantime.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
If McGruder were to go independent web comic and started a Patreon so we could get these regularly, sign me the fuck up.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
oh shit that county executive....i wonder who he is skewering with that....

i know of a couple hated county execs atm...

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
Okay I know I'm reaching here, but after seeing the most recent one...

It's a whole new fist. Maybe this is leading up to that video game McGruder said he wanted to do.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hQTMSE4.gif

PunchyMalone

May 1, 2018
Wow. I'm so happy to see those faces again.

It's a whole new fist. Maybe this is leading up to that video game McGruder said he wanted to do.

DJ Pooh was being coy when someone asked if the show was coming back. But it looks like he is involved in writing for some of the GTA games, so maybe...

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017

He's gotta team up with the resurrected Bushido Brown to stop the fully reunited Hateocracy from starting a nuclear war just to fucks shit up

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no

Oh yeah, they were teasing a game for awhile. Wasn't there a fear it would be a cheap mobile cash-in, though?

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Ay yo can we get digital reprint of thr old strips? I have a few books but i want them digital tooooooooo

Is it wrong that i keep thinking of a boondocks beat wm up game?

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Is it weird that I kinda prefer the old (shitty) art style? The repitition meant the focus was more on the dialog than characters themselves. Plus, it reminds me of Get Your War On, which is another GOAT Iraq War comic.
Latest comics show this is definitely not planned for newspapers.
But hey if the Boondocks continues as a webcomic I would be completely down for that.
Between the panel layout and use of color, there's no way this could end up in newspapers.