• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
A few things
1- BRING BACK CAESAR DAMNIT
2- long as mcgrudder is the writer, Boondocks ARE back
3- whose voice do you use when readin Caeser's li nes?
4- More Huey shenanigans please.

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
Oh yeah, they were teasing a game for awhile. Wasn't there a fear it would be a cheap mobile cash-in, though?
I'm sure there was, but only because we had, and still have, no idea what kind of game it will be. Though if I were a betting man, it'd either be a beat em up or an RPG, something Paper Mario/Stick of Truth/Attack The Light in terms of gameplay. This is only a hunch though, don't take my word as gospel.
Is it wrong that i keep thinking of a boondocks beat wm up game?
It seems like the safest way to go, especially considering the teaser image McGruder put up almost a year ago.

28685533_10156346422024873_5418878293682159616_o.jpg

I actually think it's a new artist. There's a second name there under the fourth panel.
Seung Eun Kim. He did storyboard for the show, and directed a few episodes. Seems like whatever this overall new project is, he's the new lead artist.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I'm sure there was, but only because we had, and still have, no idea what kind of game it will be. Though if I were a betting man, it'd either be a beat em up or an RPG, something Paper Mario/Stick of Truth/Attack The Light in terms of gameplay. This is only a hunch though, don't take my word as gospel.

It seems like the safest way to go, especially considering the teaser image McGruder put up almost a year ago.

28685533_10156346422024873_5418878293682159616_o.jpg

Seung Eun Kim. He did storyboard for the show, and directed a few episodes. Seems like whatever this overall new project is, he's the new lead artist.
All that is missing are Bushido Brown, caesar and Black Jesus as guest character :p

EDIT- OH SHI THE BELT! MCGRUDDER PLS
GIVE US THE GRANDAD CASTLVANIA GAME WE LONGED A DECADE FOR!

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah season 1 til 3 are enough.
I know why they did it but i need more Huey focused stories etc.

Season 4 was so fucking awful. It lost all the authentic bite, it felt a lot like the abridged Dave Chapelle season they released when he quit. A review I saw for Boondocks Season 4 said it was "coonery for the sake of coonery." In other words, it no longer felt like it was laughing with black people, and instead had moved to laughing AT black people.

Several episodes of season 4 were straight up insulting.

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Season 4 was so fucking awful. It lost all the authentic bite, it felt a lot like the abridged Dave Chapelle season they released when he quit. A review I saw for Boondocks Season 4 said it was "coonery for the sake of coonery." In other words, it no longer felt like it was laughing with black people, and instead had moved to laughing AT black people.

Several episodes of season 4 were straight up insulting.

Pretty much in agreement, it's a damn shame that Michael B. Jordan was in season 4, he was some poor analogy to Chris Brown if I remember correctly, right?

It was all just Grandad's shenanigans that fell flat AT BEST, think I remember some hair product episode where it was just plain stupid. God, I don't wanna remember because it was awful and not only did we lose Aaron McGruder and Carl Jones (his work on Black Dynamite was great), but we also lost other recurring characters to boot. I don't think I ever completely sat through the Stinkmeaner episode of that season either.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty much in agreement, it's a damn shame that Michael B. Jordan was in season 4, he was some poor analogy to Chris Brown if I remember correctly, right?

It was all just Grandad's shenanigans that fell flat AT BEST, think I remember some hair product episode where it was just plain stupid. God, I don't wanna remember because it was awful and not only did we lose Aaron McGruder and Carl Jones (his work on Black Dynamite was great), but we also lost other recurring characters to boot. I don't think I ever completely sat through the Stinkmeaner episode of that season either.

The episode with the bus protest. Good fucking god, what were they doing with that episode??

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just awful stuff...glad I have the first 3 seasons on both DVD and PS Video! (S1 and S2 were free years ago, S3 was like 9 bucks in a recent sale)

One my favorites of Season 3 was the Hateocracy episode...which I recently found that someone made a 60 FPS version of the fights that the Freemans had with them:

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017

cthagod #BoondocksBack The following message is from Aaron Mcgruder. "Did these for fun (and to see if I still could). More to comeā€¦ exactly how much more is tough to say. These strips were only possible due to the enormous talent of my good friend Seung Kim, who did the animation for the old show - and he's a busy guy. Thanks to him and thanks to Charlamagne for putting these out for me while I get my instagram act together." AM

Kunka Kid

Oct 27, 2017
It's funny how now that I've seen the show, I automatically read the strips in the character's voices.

Makes it better actually.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017

cthagod #BoondocksBack The following message is from Aaron Mcgruder. "Did these for fun (and to see if I still could). More to comeā€¦ exactly how much more is tough to say. These strips were only possible due to the enormous talent of my good friend Seung Kim, who did the animation for the old show - and he's a busy guy. Thanks to him and thanks to Charlamagne for putting these out for me while I get my instagram act together." AM

I'll take as much as they're able to do.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I've only read the comics. Is the show any good? I don't think it's on Netflix or Hulu sadly.

These clips are hilarious.

zeioIIDX

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
OH MAH GAAAAAAWD
Ya know how in streets of rage 1 u can call a cop car to fire a rocket? Well thugnificent was a mailman last we saw him sooooooo
I can already see Thugnificent pulling up in his delivery truck and shouting out "Eat a dick, old nigga!" before launching a bazooka round up into the air.